Why are atheists like cypress so invested in monotheism?

You're supposed to be baptized, and participate in fellowship and community.

Just sitting in your basement, claiming you are saved, and complaining about Jews and blacks doesn't sound like the signs you've been given grace.
see. now you;re a neo-calvinist imbecile.
:truestory:

Why are atheists like cypress so invested in monotheism?
You want the actual answer that fits every reality humanity created to make sure no ancestors is allowed to stand their biological time in any arena of ideas life isn't self evident biological time physically eternally separates every reproduction lived and living native to this universal position.

Quest to control space adapting is series parallel positions genetically changing shape fertilized cell to decomposing corpses in male or female results each generation gap alive since conceived to replace the 30 specific people that made up the chromosomes of each great great grandchild specifical to thos 30 lived previous 4 generation gaps. as siblings created nieces and nephews and cousins of aunts and uncles to mom and dads having children having children, having children cycles of ever changing population never same ancestors of any previous generation gap left in the atmosphere today/this rotation life never stays same total sum again.

What evolving does naturally until one species makes shit up pretending it didn't work that way so far and any ancestor not complying is eliminated from social enterprises with their replacements removed for getting rid of the evidence they even existed tomorrow.

that is the purpose of World Wars dreaming of a one world order of one species even though there are 5 basic ancestral lineages developed in each temperate zone between equators and opposite seasonal poles 24/7 species only has male and female changing forms from fertilized cell, zygote, embryo, fetus, for 0-9 months before birth to society doesn't count a lifetime until after birth.

Why? philosophy about counting egg before the hatch debating which came first, chicken or egg? the great what if and reaction of what about.

Who cares what poorly educated lay Baptists believe.

About their own faith? I should think everyone would care or at least be sufficiently adult enough to say it is their faith and not yours to define.

Just because some rubes believe it doesn't make it true.

Again, the point is that some people who are Baptists disagree with YOUR definition of their faith. That is not up to you.

Splitting directly off from the Catholic Church is not the definition of a Protestant.

Well, it is kind of in the name.

Besides the Baptists did NOT form from the separation from the Catholic church but rather from a split from the CofE during the English Civil War.

And, again, at the end of the day what kind of hubris does one have to have to tell SOMEONE ELSE what their faith is?

You're supposed to be baptized, and participate in fellowship and community.

That is not how one is defined as a Christian. A Christian need only accept Jesus as their savior. This is certainly true of most Protestant Christians. It is kind of the core of the soteriology.

Just sitting in your basement, claiming you are saved, and complaining about Jews and blacks doesn't sound like the signs you've been given grace.

Ummm, you really don't know much about Christianity do you? Certainly not Protestant Christianity which is justification by faith.

About their own faith? I should think everyone would care or at least be sufficiently adult enough to say it is their faith and not yours to define.

Again, the point is that some people who are Baptists disagree with YOUR definition of their faith. That is not up to you.

Besides the Baptists did NOT form from the separation from the Catholic church but rather from a split from the CofE during the English Civil War.

And, again, at the end of the day what kind of hubris does one have to have to tell SOMEONE ELSE what their faith is?
cypress is a dipshit who only likes religion for totalitarianism purposes.

You're free to claim Encyclopedia Britannica and centuries of religious scholars and trained theologians are wrong 🤣

You're free to travel the world and find Baptists who are opposed to Protestantism :LOL:
:lolup: ,
...Pentecostals who claim Catholics aren't Christians,
...and Orthodox Jews who claim Reform Judaism isn't really Judaism.

But we both know that doesn't prove anything, and you are just being Contrarian for the sake of being Contrarian.

You're free to claim Encyclopedia Britannica and centuries of religious scholars and trained theologians are wrong 🤣

Dude, listen. I'm going to try to explain this to you: if a bunch (and it's not just a small number) of Baptists say that Bapitsts technically are not part of the Protestant Reformation for historical reasons which are perfectly valid YOU are not in a position to tell them what their faith actually is.

I was merely noting that when you claimed to "Correct" someone on this, that, indeed there ARE baptists who think they are not Protestants.

It is NOT a clear-cut case of Baptists are Protestants. It just isn't. There IS disagreement on this point.

End of story.

But we both know that doesn't prove anything, and you are just being Contrarian for the sake of being Contrarian.

No, you were not necessarily technically correct.

I know it galls you that someone can actually point out your errors, but just screaming at them as you like to do doesn't change the fact of the matter.

cypress is a dipshit who only likes religion for totalitarianism purposes.

No, Cypress demands that he be the smartest person in the room. When you point out a potential error in his reasoning he loses his shit. Wait for it...he'll start mocking my degree or calling me names. He can't discuss the meat of the point so he attacks people.

Dude, listen. I'm going to try to explain this to you: if a bunch (and it's not just a small number) of Baptists say that Bapitsts technically are not part of the Protestant Reformation for historical reasons which are perfectly valid YOU are not in a position to tell them what their faith actually is.

I was merely noting that when you claimed to "Correct" someone on this, that, indeed there ARE baptists who think they are not Protestants.

It is NOT a clear-cut case of Baptists are Protestants. It just isn't. There IS disagreement on this point.

End of story.

No, you were not necessarily technically correct.

I know it galls you that someone can actually point out your errors, but just screaming at them as you like to do doesn't change the fact of the matter.
Fringe views and incorrect views do not count, anymore than fringe views on climate science are given serious weight. Baptists are universally recognized by world religions, religious experts, theologians, and educated laypersons as coming out of the Protestant tradition.

Encyclopedia Britannica
"Baptist, member of a group of Protestant Christians who share the basic beliefs of most Protestants"

American Baptist Churches USA
"American Baptist Churches USA today is the most racially inclusive Protestant body."

Christinanity.com
"Baptist
: it’s one of the most well-known denominations in Protestant Christianity and is named after its main belief in believer’s baptism"

Pew Research Center
"Southern Baptists are the largest evangelical Protestant group in the United States."

Clearview Baptist Church
"The Baptist religion stems from the Protestant Christian church."

Fringe views and incorrect views do not count, anymore than fringe views on climate science are given serious weight. Baptists are universally recognized by world religions, religious experts, theologians, and educated laypersons as coming out of the Protestant tradition.

Encyclopedia Britannica
"Baptist, member of a group of Protestant Christians who share the basic beliefs of most Protestants"

"American Baptist Churches USA today is the most racially inclusive Protestant body."

Christinanity.com
"Baptist
: it’s one of the most well-known denominations in Protestant Christianity and is named after its main belief in believer’s baptism"

Pew Research Center
"Southern Baptists are the largest evangelical Protestant group in the United States."

Clearview Baptist Church

these are just organizations of men. they have nothing to do with actual spirituality.

their definitions are only relevant to themselves.

they have no authority and neither do you.

they do not speak for God.

Jesus said, “My kingdom is not of this world. If it were, my servants would fight to prevent my arrest by the Jewish leaders. But now my kingdom is from another place.”

Jesus answered, “My Kingdom is not an earthly kingdom. If it were, my followers would fight to keep me from being handed over to the Jewish leaders. But my Kingdom is not of this world.”

Jesus answered, “My kingdom is not of this world. If my kingdom were of this world, my servants would have been fighting, that I might not be delivered over to the Jews. But my kingdom is not from the world.”​

these are just organizations of men. they have nothing to do with actual spirituality.

their definitions are only relevant to themselves.

they have no authority and neither do you.

they do not speak for God.

Verse (Click for Chapter)

New International Version

Jesus said, “My kingdom is not of this world. If it were, my servants would fight to prevent my arrest by the Jewish leaders. But now my kingdom is from another place.”

New Living Translation

Jesus answered, “My Kingdom is not an earthly kingdom. If it were, my followers would fight to keep me from being handed over to the Jewish leaders. But my Kingdom is not of this world.”

English Standard Version

Jesus answered, “My kingdom is not of this world. If my kingdom were of this world, my servants would have been fighting, that I might not be delivered over to the Jews. But my kingdom is not from the world.”​

Dictionaries don't define words.

No, Cypress demands that he be the smartest person in the room. When you point out a potential error in his reasoning he loses his shit. Wait for it...he'll start mocking my degree or calling me names. He can't discuss the meat of the point so he attacks people.
That's so funny that in your inclination to wallow in your resentment about me, you've reached out and made friends on this thread with two of the boards biggest bigoted rightwing antisemites, Matt and Blackwater.

That wasn't the issue.

I don't care what you think about Baptists.

The issue is that reputable web sources, experts, and even Baptist churches themselves recognize their church emerged out of the Protestant tradition.

Fringe views

Doesn't sound like it is fringe. I'm not a Baptist but it seems to me this is a legitimate difference they have.

You are free to ignore anyone who disagrees with you, even if it is THEIR faith and NOT YOURS.

and incorrect views do not count,

Incorrect? Then you didn't actually read anything about the Baptists who disagree with you, correct? You seem to make a LOT of arguments based on knowing only one side of a point.

anymore than fringe views on climate science are given serious weight. Baptists are universally recognized by world religions, religious experts, theologians, and educated laypersons as coming out of the Protestant tradition.

You are free to ignore what the Baptists themselves say. I'm sure they will see you are right and they are wrong about their own faith.

Encyclopedia Britannica

Christinanity.com
"Baptist

Pew Research Center

Clearview Baptist Church

Now go and read the counterpoints.

The issue is that reputable web sources, experts, and even Baptist churches themselves recognize their church emerged out of the Protestant tradition.

How could it "emerge" out of Protestant tradition if it rose out of a split with the Church of England during their Civil War? Doesn't sound like it was in any way related to the Protestant Reformation per se.

Protestants were born of a split from the Catholic Church (do you see the difference between the Church of England and the Catholic Church?)

I will say this so you can ignore it as you ALWAYS do: but I understand what you are saying. Yes, indeed, it is quite common to lump Baptists in with Protestants, but clearly there are Baptists who legitimately disagree with this.

You can stamp your feet as much as you like and insult them as you feel appropriate (make sure to call them "rubes" because you are superior to them) but it won't change the FACT that some Baptists disagree with you on their religion.

That's so funny that in your inclination to wallow in your resentment about me, you've reached out and made friends on this thread with two of the boards biggest bigoted rightwing antisemites, Matt and Blackwater.

I don't care about the other posters. I've made no friends. Just because a bastard can see your error doesn't make your error go away.

That is not how one is defined as a Christian. A Christian need only accept Jesus as their savior. This is certainly true of most Protestant Christians. It is kind of the core of the soteriology.

Ummm, you really don't know much about Christianity do you? Certainly not Protestant Christianity which is justification by faith.
Nice of you to leap in to defend your new boyfriend, the notorious MAGA bigot Blackwater.

I don't know of any genuine Christian practice where you can just sit on your couch at home and proclaim yourself a practicing Christian.

Every Christian denomination and church I am familiar with, perhaps Quakers excepted, expects Baptism as a sign that you are a follower of Jesus and are committed to fellowship in the community of believers. Some denominations actually consider baptism neccessary for salvation.

Being a practicing religious person requires work and commitment. Just sitting on your couch at home and declaring yourself saved is just being lazy and does not demostrate any kind of genuine commitment.

How could it "emerge" out of Protestant tradition if it rose out of a split with the Church of England during their Civil War? Doesn't sound like it was in any way related to the Protestant Reformation per se.

Protestants were born of a split from the Catholic Church (do you see the difference between the Church of England and the Catholic Church?)

I will say this so you can ignore it as you ALWAYS do: but I understand what you are saying. Yes, indeed, it is quite common to lump Baptists in with Protestants, but clearly there are Baptists who legitimately disagree with this.

You can stamp your feet as much as you like and insult them as you feel appropriate (make sure to call them "rubes" because you are superior to them) but it won't change the FACT that some Baptists disagree with you on their religion.
The Baptists, like all Protestant denominations, hold to the basic Protestant tenets that emerged in the 16th century: sola fide and sola scruptura. That is a radical departure from traditional Catholic belief and practice, and all Protestants adhere to those tenets .

I am not here to use all my time to teach you about Protestantism, your local community college can give you a class on religious history.

Your free to continue to believe Baptists are not a Protestant denomination. :laugh:

Nice of you to leap in to defend your new boyfriend, the notorious MAGA bigot Blackwater.

I'm actually speaking against your point. Another technical detail about Protestantism that you seem to lack knowledge of.

I don't know of any genuine Christian practice where you can just sit on your couch at home and proclaim yourself a practicing Christian.

Well, prepare to be surprised. It's only been about 500 years since this novel version of the faith has arisen.

Every Christian denomination and church I am familiar with, perhaps Quakers excepted, expects Baptism as a sign that you are a follower of Jesus

A sign, perhaps, but not a requisite for salvation. Perhaps in the Catholic Church but not in the Protestant Church. For salvation to happen for Protestants really the ONLY thing needed is to accept Jesus as your personal savior. That's it.

and are committed to fellowship in the community of believers. Some denominations actually consider baptism neccessary for salvation.

That is not part of "justification by faith" which is the core of Protestant salvation.

Being a practicing religious person requires work and commitment. Just sitting on your couch at home and declaring yourself saved is just being lazy and does not demostrate any kind of genuine commitment.

Funny how the "agnostic" of the board has SO MANY rules for religious people to follow that they don't necessarily see. Maybe they will come around to believing as you do some day.

Back