Why are women attacked by the trans lobby while we men get far less abuse?

cancel2 2022

Canceled
This is written from a British perspective, the trans lobby in the UK are truly bat crazy. Graham Linehan appears to be a notable exception to the rule.

Three years ago, on this page, I took the plunge. To be specific, I wrote a column on how women's access to exclusive private spaces was being eroded in the name of 'trans rights', and argued this was a threat to women's safety and dignity.

I say took the plunge, because I had been warned that I would be attacked mercilessly by those who regard as evil any distinction drawn between biological women and those who have changed their gender from male to female.

I also recall a conversation I had with Dr Kathleen Stock, who has been hounded out of her tenure as a distinguished philosopher at Sussex University because of her 'gender-critical' views (set out with remarkable clarity and force in her book Material Girls).

Dr Stock had warned me: 'You may well encounter very unpleasant consequences. If you do, please don't recant. I would rather you didn't write about this at all than speak out and then retract.'

Torrent

As it turned out, I encountered no abuse at all, just a lot of mail from female readers of this newspaper to the effect that they were delighted I was speaking up for them.

Yet I am sure that if I were a woman and had written such a column in the issue of April 8, 2019, I would indeed have been monstered on social media, especially Twitter.

Look at what has happened to J.K. Rowling, who has endured death threats and the foulest of personal abuse after she defended Maya Forstater.

This is the woman sacked from her job at the London office of a U.S. think-tank, the Center For Global Development, after expressing her belief — one might say, the fact — that it is not possible to change one's biological sex.

One reason Rowling had encountered such a torrent of personal abuse, after tweeting '#IStandWithMaya', is that she, most unlike me, is a writer of world renown and unparalleled success. When she speaks, the world listens.

But the fact she is a woman also has much to do with it. When I asked Kathleen Stock why that might be, she said: 'Men would prefer to attack women than other men because they risk less, and women would prefer to attack other women for the same reason.'

I suppose this is an evolution-based argument (men have always been more dangerous) and also reflects the fact that men have been more powerful within society.

Whatever the reasons, it is an observable fact that women, regardless of the issues under discussion, receive much more toxic abuse on social media, and generally, than men. We call this misogyny, and it is a real thing.

But I had another explanation, which is that women, such as Dr Stock and Maya Forstater, who say, 'You can't change biological sex' are telling those who are born male but feel viscerally that they are 'in the wrong body': sorry, but we won't let you into our club.

For many trans women (though by no means all), this is an appalling insult, and actively cruel. Whereas I, as a man, am entirely irrelevant to this and possess nothing that they want.

Last week, Ms Forstater and others launched a campaign — with the slogan, 'Respect my sex if you want my X.' This was tied to the forthcoming local elections.

These feminists are particularly angry at the way the Labour Party (perhaps their natural home, politically) finds it difficult to accept that — sorry to be crude — women can't have penises.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/...women-attacked-trans-lobby-men-far-abuse.html

I think I ran into an example of this yesterday........I was buying a new pair of shorts at JC Pennys......I was in the Men's Clothing Department....a sign said Fitting Room......there was an attendant by the entry.....I asked if there was a room empty.......she said yes.......and went in, changed clothes.......and realized there were women in the rooms on either side of me.....as I finished and left I realized that the hallway continued through the Fitting Room and the other end was in the Women's Clothing Department......can you imagined that happening even twenty years ago?......

I think I ran into an example of this yesterday........I was buying a new pair of shorts at JC Pennys......I was in the Men's Clothing Department....a sign said Fitting Room......there was an attendant by the entry.....I asked if there was a room empty.......she said yes.......and went in, changed clothes.......and realized there were women in the rooms on either side of me.....as I finished and left I realized that the hallway continued through the Fitting Room and the other end was in the Women's Clothing Department......can you imagined that happening even twenty years ago?......

No I can't, but in the age of gender neutral toilets perfectly predictable.

Last edited:
Meanwhile yet another loony, this time from the SNP, pipes up.

[h=2]Women's rights activists are like ANTI-SEMITES, says Scottish minister: Fury over Lorna Slater's 'grossly offensive' comparison between feminists fighting trans rights laws to racists[/h]
  • Lorna Slater is a minister in Nicola Sturgeon's government in Green-SNP deal
  • Ms Slater, 46, spoke out after feminists criticised new sex change legislation
  • She asked why the BBC was allowing voices against the law to be heard
  • Slater said: 'We wouldn't put balance on the question of racism or anti-Semitism'
  • But women campaigners said some may feel her remarks were extremist bigotry'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...like-ANTI-SEMITES-says-Scottish-minister.html

This is written from a British perspective, the trans lobby in the UK are truly bat crazy. Graham Linehan appears to be a notable exception to the rule.

Three years ago, on this page, I took the plunge. To be specific, I wrote a column on how women's access to exclusive private spaces was being eroded in the name of 'trans rights', and argued this was a threat to women's safety and dignity.

I say took the plunge, because I had been warned that I would be attacked mercilessly by those who regard as evil any distinction drawn between biological women and those who have changed their gender from male to female.

I also recall a conversation I had with Dr Kathleen Stock, who has been hounded out of her tenure as a distinguished philosopher at Sussex University because of her 'gender-critical' views (set out with remarkable clarity and force in her book Material Girls).

Dr Stock had warned me: 'You may well encounter very unpleasant consequences. If you do, please don't recant. I would rather you didn't write about this at all than speak out and then retract.'

Torrent

As it turned out, I encountered no abuse at all, just a lot of mail from female readers of this newspaper to the effect that they were delighted I was speaking up for them.

Yet I am sure that if I were a woman and had written such a column in the issue of April 8, 2019, I would indeed have been monstered on social media, especially Twitter.

Look at what has happened to J.K. Rowling, who has endured death threats and the foulest of personal abuse after she defended Maya Forstater.

This is the woman sacked from her job at the London office of a U.S. think-tank, the Center For Global Development, after expressing her belief — one might say, the fact — that it is not possible to change one's biological sex.

One reason Rowling had encountered such a torrent of personal abuse, after tweeting '#IStandWithMaya', is that she, most unlike me, is a writer of world renown and unparalleled success. When she speaks, the world listens.

But the fact she is a woman also has much to do with it. When I asked Kathleen Stock why that might be, she said: 'Men would prefer to attack women than other men because they risk less, and women would prefer to attack other women for the same reason.'

I suppose this is an evolution-based argument (men have always been more dangerous) and also reflects the fact that men have been more powerful within society.

Whatever the reasons, it is an observable fact that women, regardless of the issues under discussion, receive much more toxic abuse on social media, and generally, than men. We call this misogyny, and it is a real thing.

But I had another explanation, which is that women, such as Dr Stock and Maya Forstater, who say, 'You can't change biological sex' are telling those who are born male but feel viscerally that they are 'in the wrong body': sorry, but we won't let you into our club.

For many trans women (though by no means all), this is an appalling insult, and actively cruel. Whereas I, as a man, am entirely irrelevant to this and possess nothing that they want.

Last week, Ms Forstater and others launched a campaign — with the slogan, 'Respect my sex if you want my X.' This was tied to the forthcoming local elections.

These feminists are particularly angry at the way the Labour Party (perhaps their natural home, politically) finds it difficult to accept that — sorry to be crude — women can't have penises.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/...women-attacked-trans-lobby-men-far-abuse.html

Progressives seem to go off half cocked and back the latest "issues" only to discover that later, they are bullshit.

JK Rowling says celebrities like Harry and Meghan and Emma Watson who 'cheered on' Trans charity Mermaids should feel 'ashamed' as it is probed by watchdog over children's chest-flattening binders*

The Charity Commission has said it is assessing concerns raised about Mermaids' practices after an investigation uncovered that staff were sending 'potentially harmful' binders to children.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...probe-childrens-chest-flattening-binders.html

Torrent

Graham Linehan, one of the finest modern comedy writers is still pretty pissed off with trans activists, as well he might be

GRAHAM LINEHAN: The world should remember Daniel Radcliffe, Emma Watson and Rupert Grint as arrogant.

https://mol.im/a/12579459

Torrent

Graham Linehan, one of the finest modern comedy writers is still pretty pissed off with trans activists, as well he might be. He also dismayed at how the child actors JK Rowling made multi-millionaires turned on her, totally despicable is the only way to describe that.

GRAHAM LINEHAN: The world should remember Daniel Radcliffe, Emma Watson and Rupert Grint as arrogant.

Why do I risk everything to battle the madness of the trans activists? What's my endgame? It's simple. I am concerned about women losing their words, safe spaces and sports to fanatics who denounce the very idea of womanhood. I want to reveal the havoc gender identity has wrought on society, expose those who enabled it and help to bring about its end.

https://mol.im/a/12579459

Torrent

I confess to finding it amazing that so many people put this much thought into these issues.
99% of the time that I'm moved to ponder the transgender issue,
it's because I logged onto JPP.

And what problem was this for you? What problem is universal dressing rooms for society?

Was your privacy impended in any way? Did you catch someone peeking? Man or woman? Did you take a peek yourself?

Did you buy those camouflaged cargo pocket shorts?

old-gentleman-wearing-stylish-straw-hat-colorful-short-sleeved-shirt-bnp652.jpg

Last edited:
And what problem was this for you? What problem is universal dressing rooms for society?

Was your privacy impended in any way? Did you catch someone peeking? Man or woman? Did you take a peek yourself?

If it becomes common practice, eventually we will start hearing reports of rape happening there.

We've already heard about Trump doing exactly that.

Trying to not offend trannies is not worth the possible/probable consequences.

If it becomes common practice, eventually we will start hearing reports of rape happening there.

We've already heard about Trump doing exactly that.

Trying to not offend trannies is not worth the possible/probable consequences.

You're getting old dude!

Try to get a life before it's all over for you!

You're getting old dude!

Try to get a life before it's all over for you!

So IOW, you have no rational response.

Got it. :thup:

And apparently, you'd be OK with an increase in the number of women getting raped in dressing rooms just for the sake of letting pathetic, gender confused weirdos pretend they're women.

I am concerned about women losing their words, safe spacesand sports to fanatics who denounce the very idea of womanhood. I want to reveal the havoc gender identity has wrought on society, expose those who enabled it and help to bring about its end.
^^^
Sez the elderly Euro male who supports banning abortion. :cool:

So IOW, you have no rational response.

And apparently, you'd be OK with an increase in the number of women getting raped in dressing rooms just for the sake of letting pathetic, gender confused weirdos pretend they're women.

Stop over-thinking things man!

You eccentric phobiacs are fucking disgusting!

Do you even go to the Malls?

Because unisex dressing rooms have been here since the dawn of time- and Donald Trump is the only one I have ever heard of Raping someone in a dressing room!

Last edited:

And what's the problem for you with having separate changing rooms, bathrooms and sports?

Back