Why do Christians proselytize?

Haha!

I have respect for a lot of the genuine ethical tenets of Christianity, Judaism, Buddhism, etc. so it strikes me as an insult to truth and integrity when a fake Christian or fake Buddhist ignore the tenets of their supposed faith tradition.

Agreed.

Additionally, when they use a religion or philosophy as an excuse to spread hate or harm to others.

United we stand is my motto but you're not interested in others.

All you do is fling crap like a monkey in a cage. You want the psychology on that?

Disagreed that's your motto as proved by your behavior over the past 18ish months.

Yes, please, although I strongly doubt you are capable of an intelligent reply. Please prove me wrong. TIA

Disagreed that's your motto as proved by your behavior over the past 18ish months.

Yes, please, although I strongly doubt you are capable of an intelligent reply. Please prove me wrong. TIA
Can we agree that a union needs to know who their snitches and traitors are?

Hubris and disparagement towards other intellectual and religious traditions doesn't seem very Zen.

You can't ignore the irony of an anti-religious poster adopting practices that came out of the Mahayana Buddhist religious tradition.

I have posted dozens of threads about Taoism, Hinduism, Buddhism, Confucianism, Judaism and the atheists on this board never jump into those threads to mock those religions. They instead studiously patrol the board for any thread about Christianity to register their complaints and mockery about that specific religion.

Buddists normally respect religious beliefs not their own from what I've learned. The ones that get upset and ridicule the most are atheists and extremists.

Buddists normally respect religious beliefs not their own from what I've learned. The ones that get upset and ridicule the most are atheists and extremists.

Agreed, as do all good people with a spiritual center.

Most people, regardless of religion, or lack of it, are good. This forum epitomizes the minority who are lesser minded.

https://www.inc.com/wanda-thibodeau...estore-your-faith-in-humanity-and-office.html
We are good people

Despite the world's turmoil, 83 percent of those surveyed believe that people are fundamentally good. Baby boomers are the most likely to hold this belief (91 percent) compared to those in Generation X (84 percent), Millennials (81 percent) and Generation Z (75 percent). This might tie to life experience, which can reassure you that people can unify and overcome. But there is only a slight variation when you compare by gender (84 percent for women, 82 percent for men). Of those who believed people are good, 73 percent say they're satisfied with their career.

Notice how many angry losers were at the Insurrection. In their favor, sadly, is that about 2/3s had mental issues.

It would be nice to have civil discussions about world religions, agnosticism, and atheism without it descending into a team sport where some posters feel compelled to go on the attack against intellectual traditions they see as the enemy.

Christian and Jewish mysticism probably isn't that radically different from Zen as a practice to reach some form of transcendence, and I don't see why they should be enemies.

United we stand is my motto but you're not interested in others. All you do is fling crap like a monkey in a cage. You want the psychology on that?
That's not my experience.

DU is one of about ten posters who will routinely have adult discussions with me about politics, history, science, religion, philosophy, movies, streaming TV shows, and hobbies.

None of us are saints, but there are less than two dozen posters here capable of routinely making interesting, insightful, or entertaining contributions to the forum.

That's not my experience.

DU is one of about ten posters who will routinely have adult discussions with me about politics, history, science, religion, philosophy, movies, streaming TV shows, and hobbies.

None of us are saints, but there are less than two dozen posters here capable of routinely making interesting, insightful, or entertaining contributions to the forum.
Jack was the most entertaining contributor to JPP. Your friends got rid of him.

Back