Why do Christians proselytize?

I am an atheist. I practice Zen meditation. I also practice some of the philosophies of Zen Buddhism. I have successfully done those things without ever incorporating a deity into the equation. That's about as straightforward as I can possibly state it.

I understand what you are saying.

Wait... What did I lie about, again?

Being in Zen mode.

DoucheMode is more apt, dumbass. :thup:

You bragged about knowing Zen. Do you know anything substantial, or are you just a cut'n'paste kinda sock puppet?
I never said that ridicule was somehow a characteristic of zen. I'm a fan of the Arizona Cardinals. Being a fan of sports teams also is not a characteristic of Zen.

I don't know what you picture when you picture zen, mindfulness and meditation, but it is not sitting in the forest, barefoot, wearing a saffron robe.

What is it? If, indeed, you know what the fuck you are talking about?

I am an atheist. I practice Zen meditation. I also practice some of the philosophies of Zen Buddhism. I have successfully done those things without ever incorporating a deity into the equation. That's about as straightforward as I can possibly state it.

"I don't know what you picture when you picture zen, mindfulness and meditation, but it is not sitting in the forest, barefoot, wearing a saffron robe."

No shit! LOL

I get that religion is very important to a lot of people. You would think that being informed would also carry some weight in the lives of even the most religious.

Yet you ridicule that importance. Why? Why do you believe their beliefs are lesser than yours, sock?

I am an atheist.....
You're a believer in something impossible to prove within the current limits of human beings. It's all a matter of what one believes or not.

The reason I took you to task is that your attack on Christians is no better, and no worse, than the Evangelista assholes with whom you are diametrically oppose.

Hate all you want, ridicule all you want, but I believe a mindful mind doesn't hate nor ridicule with malice as you did earlier today.

Being in Zen mode.

DoucheMode is more apt, dumbass. :thup:

You bragged about knowing Zen. Do you know anything substantial, or are you just a cut'n'paste kinda sock puppet?

What is it? If, indeed, you know what the fuck you are talking about?

Based on this post, I'm led to believe that you don't know what Zen buddhism is, their method of meditation or their philosophies, but you know that I am not "it" because I took a shot at your Messiah.

Well, ok then!.

Last edited:
Based on this post, I'm led to believe that you don't know what Zen buddhism, their method of meditation or their philosophies, but you know that I am not "it" because I took a shot at your Messiah.

Well, ok then!.

You are free to draw that conclusion, just like you concluded all Jesus believers are idiots.

Thanks for another confession. First you say you don't know my religious beliefs but now you claim I'm a Jesus freak. You're the type of fucking asshole that would make Jews wear yellow stars and Christians a cross on their clothing so you can spit on them as they walk by.

You, sir, know nothing of Zen.

You're a believer in something impossible to prove within the current limits of human beings. It's all a matter of what one believes or not.

The reason I took you to task is that your attack on Christians is no better, and no worse, than the Evangelista assholes with whom you are diametrically oppose.

Hate all you want, ridicule all you want, but I believe a mindful mind doesn't hate nor ridicule with malice as you did earlier today.

Nope. The benefits of mindfulness, meditation and an awareness of what consciousness is or isn't, can be experienced by anyone who puts in the time to learn. Deities aren't required, but are welcomed.

Nope. The benefits of mindfulness, meditation and an awareness of what consciousness is or isn't, can be experienced by anyone who puts in the time to learn. Deities aren't required, but are welcomed.

Keep walking it back, sock. :rofl2:

It's still funny that you latched onto a practice originally developed by a religious community (the Buddhists) while mocking another religion.

It seems you are careful to studiously avoid mocking the religions of Buddhism, Judaism, Hinduism, native American animism, and I just think that's curious.

and you base that on something that gives you 100% certainty?......(besides, when I call you a worthless lib'rul cunt why do you believe I am lying?).....

Your vulgar personality, your embrace of cursing, your penchant for lying and slander are a sign, but not proof, you haven't been given God's Grace, and least from a traditional Protestant point of view.

That's just the rules of your religion. I don't make the rules, I just point out the ones you flaunt.

Your assumptions don't mean that I'm walking anything back.

Someone who is as smart and Zenlike as you believe yourself to be would know assumptions work both ways.

The fact remains, you're no better than the Evangelistas or these fucking douchebags:

westboro1-3d0baab9ccc674c5428c2cf5342da0ffcee7da0e-s1100-c50.jpg

It's still funny that you latched onto a practice originally developed by a religious community (the Buddhists) while mocking another religion.

It seems you are careful to studiously avoid mocking the religions of Buddhism, Judaism, Hinduism, native American animism, and I just think that's curious.

The topic of the thread was Christianity. If the topic was Islam, Judaism or any other religion I'm familiar with, I'd have a similarly snarky, but differently worded, response.

I'm not intentionally careful of anything. The topic was Christianity.

Someone who is as smart and Zenlike as you believe yourself to be would know assumptions work both ways.

The fact remains, you're no better than the Evangelistas or these fucking douchebags:

westboro1-3d0baab9ccc674c5428c2cf5342da0ffcee7da0e-s1100-c50.jpg

My post wasn't directed at any specific poster. It was the tone of your response that made me think you are Christian and clearly took issue with my post.

My post wasn't directed at any specific poster. It was the tone of your response that made me think you are Christian and clearly took issue with my post.
True. Yours was just a general spreading of hatred and ridicule.

You're free to assume anything you like, sock.

What really pisses you off is that I proved you aren't very close to "zen mode". :rofl2:

Your vulgar personality, your embrace of cursing, your penchant for lying and slander are a sign, but not proof, you haven't been given God's Grace, and least from a traditional Protestant point of view.

That's just the rules of your religion. I don't make the rules, I just point out the ones you flaunt.

please quote me the rules of my religion that say vulgar people cannot receive grace.......and remember, rationalists should not be irrational.......

one of the rules of my religion you might want to consider.......
John 3:18 Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because they have not believed in the name of God’s one and only Son.

....and doesn't have a vulgar personality?........

True. Yours was just a general spreading of hatred and ridicule.

You're free to assume anything you like, sock.

What really pisses you off is that I proved you aren't very close to "zen mode". :rofl2:

Right... You don't know what it is that I'm not close to but, damnit, you know I'm not close to it..... Whatever "it" is. Lol

Back