Why do Christians proselytize?

People? I'm ridiculing Jesus. He said the kingdom of god was returning while some of his disciples were still alive. He's very late and clearly deserves ridicule for his tardiness.

Zen Buddhism is a derivative of Mahayana Buddhism which has many fantastical beliefs about spirits and deities, and there is no certainty that the founder of Buddhism, Siddhartha Gautama, was a real actual person or if he is a legend.

Is there a record of you mocking Buddhism on this Forum?

So you are admitting that ridiculing people is not zen?

No shit, asshole. That's why I called on being a fucking liar. It's also not sitting on your fat ass ridiculing others.

Fat? No way. I'm a very svelte 175lbs.

You are clearly uninformed as to what it means to be mindful. It doesn't mean you don't have opinions. It doesn't mean you are obligated to ignore reality or, in general, not live a normal life.

You are clearly uninformed as to what it means to be mindful. It doesn't mean you don't have opinions. It doesn't mean you are obligated to ignore reality or, in general, not live a normal life.
Buta there is lot that could be mocked in Buddhism, which is the foundation of Zen Buddhism, Mahayana Buddhism, and Theravada Buddhism.

I could give you a list of things to mock about Buddhism if you are the type of person who takes inordinate pleasure in mocking religion.

You are clearly weak-minded to think this conversation has more to do with Zen mindfulness than your lack of it, dumbass.

Pretty odd to set one's self up as a mocker of religion, while purporting to devote one's self to a religious practice like Zen

He only pretends to be a Zen master on the Internet. IRL, he's just another fucking hypocrite. LOL

He only pretends to be a Zen master on the Internet. IRL, he's just another fucking hypocrite. LOL

I can respect a genuinely principled atheist, Christian, or Buddhist.

I don't have any respect for anti-christian zealots who are still emotionally scarred and bitter from their parents dragging them to some fundy church.

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post
A variation of the Hindu Siva Mahimnah-stotra verse 7 (As quoted by Swami Vivekananda, appears in both vol 1 and 3 - https://advaitaashrama.org/cw/)

""There are hundreds of paths up the mountain, all leading to the same place, so it doesn't matter which path you take.

feel free to remember that if some day you find yourself on a different mountain than you expected......

Buta there is lot that could be mocked in Buddhism, which is the foundation of Zen Buddhism, Mahayana Buddhism, and Theravada Buddhism.

I could give you a list of things to mock about Buddhism if you are the type of person who takes inordinate pleasure in mocking religion.

No offense, but you're trying to talk about things that you don't fully understand. Just because you practice Zen meditation, also called Zazen, doesn't mean you are a Buddhist. Zen meditation is probably the most popular form of meditation in the united states, but very, very, very few people who practice it are going to claim to be Buddhists.

No offense, but you're trying to talk about things that you don't fully understand. Just because you practice Zen meditation, also called Zazen, doesn't mean you are a Buddhist. Zen meditation is probably the most popular form of meditation in the united states, but very, very, very few people who practice it are going to claim to be Buddhists.

Cypress likes to be an expert on things he knows little about.

You are clearly weak-minded to think this conversation has more to do with Zen mindfulness than your lack of it, dumbass.

At this point, I'm not entirely sure what the conversation is about. You seem to believe that, because of my avatar and screen name, I shouldn't acknowledge reality.

Sure, but I don't see it as the sleazy, used car salesman type. I think most Christians now, just as they did in the days of Jesus, honestly believe that they know the path to salvation and want to make as many people aware as possible.

And used car salesmen genuinely believe in their product.

Zen comes directly from Buddhism.

So you reserve to yourself the right to take bits and pieces from a religious tradition while ignoring the rest, but you don't extend that same courtesy to Christians.

Not all christians accept that the bible is literally true, a lot of them do not literally accept the Genesis accounts, a lot of them do not subscribe to the sacraments, and some of them don't even necessarily accept the divinity and trinity of Jesus. For many of them, the core tenets of Christianity boil down to spiritual salvation and emulating the ethical example of Jesus.

That's really not any crazier than a lot of what is found in the Buddhist tradition

Back