Why do Christians proselytize?

that's nice
Nicer than lonely, bitter young women unhappy with their lives. They're usually a real PITA. LOL

What kind of hateful person hates others for their beliefs? As long as no one is forcing me to convert, I have no problem with peaceful beliefs.

there is also Matthew 5:15 which means for us to share the good news. Your issue seems to be one of perception. That coach has a huddle on the field because there isnt really anyplace else to do it. And, lets face it, you dont like Trump.
\
The coach could have had his confab in the inside. He was also offered a private place for him and his like-minded players to gather to pray, but he insisted on the public spectacle.

You are correct. I do not like #TRE45ON. I've never cared for liars, cheats, the unfaithful, the corrupt, the cruel, bullies, braggarts, and the gross and stupid. Why other ppl believe that those character errors are okay is beyond my ken.

Mark 16:15-16
15And He said to them, “Go into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature. 16Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned..."

They are commanded to tell you about it. It really is as simple as that.

I find it very easy to just let them and move on. Life is too short to try to convince a Christian that they shouldn't tell you about the gospel.

Agree, although I have occasionally been accosted by those who will not take a gentle "Thank you, but no" for an answer. The newly-converted are very much like smokers who just quit... eager to share their new happiness and a simple no thanks goes unheard.

Nicer than lonely, bitter young women unhappy with their lives. They're usually a real PITA. LOL

What kind of hateful person hates others for their beliefs? As long as no one is forcing me to convert, I have no problem with peaceful beliefs.

Some religious people fear those with different beliefs, as though beliefs are contagious somehow. That can sometimes come across as hate. We've all seen that in this country with Muslims, particularly after 9/11.

Believing in God doesn't need a religion. I choose to follow Christ because of how loving and true his virtues are despite all the phonies that weaponize religion.

I regret that the thread author is being so dismissive and condescending towards you. Your contributions to this thread have been measured and polite.

go fuck yourself you stupid asshole

Self control is not your strong suit.

Here's a tip. You have no control over what other people write or say. You only have control over how you react to it.

I don't get bent out of shape about any advocacy of atheism, Buddhism, Christianity, Taoism, or agnosticism.

You seem to get worked up and enraged specifically when anyone like Jade makes a comment about Christianity.

My reading recommendation is Marcus Aurelius' 'Meditations', it's all about practicing self control, which the Stoic philosophers were famous for

\
The coach could have had his confab in the inside. He was also offered a private place for him and his like-minded players to gather to pray, but he insisted on the public spectacle.

You are correct. I do not like #TRE45ON. I've never cared for liars, cheats, the unfaithful, the corrupt, the cruel, bullies, braggarts, and the gross and stupid. Why other ppl believe that those character errors are okay is beyond my ken.

Players were already gathered.

You realize your description of Trump describes Biden dont you ? As is common, votes go to the least objectionable. Voting FOR someone is rare.

But, of course, Trump isnt on any ballot but Biden's policies are.

Self control is not your strong suit.

Here's a tip. You have no control over what other people write or say. You only have control over how you react to it.

I don't get bent out of shape about any advocacy of atheism, Buddhism, Christianity, Taoism, or agnosticism.

You seem to get worked up and enraged specifically when anyone like Jade makes a comment about Christianity.

My reading recommendation is Marcus Aurelius' 'Meditations', it's all about practicing self control, which the Stoic philosophers were famous for

Agreed. She's been very unhappy for months now.

I regret that the thread author is being so dismissive and condescending towards you. Your contributions to this thread have been measured and polite.

The OP must have dealt with some judgemental Christians. Any Christian that says you're immoral or going to hell if you don't accept Jesus is forgetting everything Jesus is about and breaking doctrine. Judge not less thee be judged.

The OP must have dealt with some judgemental Christians. Any Christian that says you're immoral or going to hell if you don't accept Jesus is forgetting everything Jesus is about and breaking doctrine. Judge not less thee be judged.

Yes. Starting the Protestant Church I grew up in. And every Christian I have ever met.

Yes. Starting the Protestant Church I grew up in. And every Christian I have ever met.

Well, anyone that said you are immoral or going to hell without Christ is forgetting they can't judge like that. If they can't remember Christ's words, they are trying to fill shoes that are way too big for them.

Back