Why do Christians proselytize?

Dude, I ain't a child.
Agreed. I believe you are over 18. Where some disagree is whether you are under or over 30.

I'm guessing under. It's not an insult to be young. I was young. You have choices in life. Do you want to vent or do you want to make a difference?

Growing up is tough, but you have choices.

I don't care if someone is a true or fake Christian. I don't respect the religion.

Why even start this discussion if you don't want answers or explanations? You dislike us for actions of some so try not to paint us all the same if we are trying just to make right the wrongs you faced.

I genuinely don't care about you.

Written like a pissed off teenager screaming to her mom, "I hate you!"

Regardless how she reacts, she loves you and wants the best for you. Flawed or not, she's your mom.

Do you talk with her as an adult or a child? Love is good.

People tend to be good. Fucked up, but good at heart.

So you spent how many posts on me? Whatever, I know when to leave a discussion.

Not much of a people person, but I've always been curious about my fellow humans.

Raised as a moderate Protestant....and desegregated DOD elementary schools, why would someone abandon a lost soul?

Of course there are limits; the whole decision-making process: a 30 seat lifeboat, 60 people in the water with 30 people already onboard and rescue is improbable for saving anyone in the water.

If you are happy with your beliefs, why not be happy? If no one asks about your beliefs, why do you insist on lecturing others?
If you have to tell others why they are wrong, it is you who are wrong.

Example. There are beer styles I like that a lot of people do not like. I don't go around telling them they are wrong. I can enjoy something without annoying others with my beliefs.

The second thing which is extremely arrogant, is to say that if you don't convert you are immoral.

For the same reason the earliest disciples of Jesus did- they believed they had "the way" to salvation and wanted to get as many people on-board as possible.

Jesus is coming back any day now :thinking:

For the same reason the earliest disciples of Jesus did- they believed they had "the way" to salvation and wanted to get as many people on-board as possible.

Jesus is coming back any day now :thinking:

Ridiculing people isn't in "zen mode", dumbass. LOL

People? I'm ridiculing Jesus. He said the kingdom of god was returning while some of his disciples were still alive. He's very late and clearly deserves ridicule for his tardiness.

Thanks for proving your username is a joke. :thup:

Dumbass, the books about Jesus were written long after he was dead. Get a fucking clue, dumbass.

Thanks for proving your username is a joke. :thup:

Dumbass, the books about Jesus were written long after he was dead. Get a fucking clue, dumbass.

I know they were written long after Jesus' death. Many also weren't written by the people claimed to have written them - specifically the gospels of Matthew, Mark, Luke and John.
However, Christians believe that the Bible is the inspired word of God, right? They take what's written in the Bible to be factual and true. Why didn't the earliest Christians have organized churches? Because they believed, based on the teachings of Jesus, that the kingdom of god was coming any day, so there was no need for anything more than casual get-togethers.

Yet you ridicule hearsay. No zen there, dumbass.

I'm not talking about the fucking Christians, idiot. I'm talking about a fucking moron giving Zen a bad name.

Ok. We'll agree to disagree what is considered un-zen. Ridiculing tardiness is not un-zen in my book.

Ok. We'll agree to disagree what is considered un-zen. Ridiculing tardiness is not un-zen in my book.

Being a dumbass who only knows how to spell "zen", I can see why you think ridicule is a good thing.

Why do you believe ridiculing others is "zen", son?

Being a dumbass who only knows how to spell "zen", I can see why you think ridicule is a good thing.

Why do you believe ridiculing others is "zen", son?

I never said that ridicule was somehow a characteristic of zen. I'm a fan of the Arizona Cardinals. Being a fan of sports teams also is not a characteristic of Zen.

I don't know what you picture when you picture zen, mindfulness and meditation, but it is not sitting in the forest, barefoot, wearing a saffron robe.

I never said that ridicule was somehow a characteristic of zen. I'm a fan of the Arizona Cardinals. Being a fan of sports teams also is not a characteristic of Zen.

I don't know what you picture when you picture zen, mindfulness and meditation, but it is not sitting in the forest, barefoot, wearing a saffron robe.
So you are admitting that ridiculing people is not zen?

No shit, asshole. That's why I called on being a fucking liar. It's also not sitting on your fat ass ridiculing others.

Back