Why do conservatives hate gay people?

Yes LadyT I did accuse Dixie of being under a rock with another poster in a lovers clench. I was told to crawl back under my rock, so I told him it was too crowded because he and dixie were already under there in a lovers clench :)
I forget the exact verbage, don't think I mentioned the gay word though. I am too busy this moring to go and look it up.

I have to wonder if it sould be narcissism though as I suspect the other poster is a Dixie clone, but of course no proof on that :)

In any case it zinged dixie far better than I expected.
Have not seen anything from the other poster on it though ???

My question is, why do you think being gay is a pejorative? Why do you think it's alright to use "gay" as a pejorative?

Read what I posted for fuck's sake.....

"With skinhead I would remind him that no European blood is 'pure', that he is highly likely to have Jewish blood in his veins.

Not an insult unless the person being accused rabidly detests Jews.

It wouldn't work on normal people, if I were to tell you that it is highly likely that you have Jewish blood, you are likely to say 'so what'....

Attacking an Achille's heel, that's all it is.... "

It is only pejorative to call someone gay if they are a homophobe....

I have to wonder if it sould be narcissism though as I suspect the other poster is a Dixie clone, but of course no proof on that

I'll give Damo permission to confirm it wasn't me. I have no clones, and nothing to hide.

Zinged? Because I yanked your bigoted homophobia out of the closet? Hahah! That's a good one!

Difference. In one, nobody referenced the "likelihood" there was a certain percentage of "gay" in the other person.

??? Ok, If I were to say to Skinhead that he DID have Jewish blood in his veins. Again, it is only derogatory if the person is racist. It would only work as an insult if the person is racist???

What don't you understand about that?

They simply suggested that the other person was gay in a derogatory manner.

That's what YOU are stating was the reason...

Thus a better analogy would be calling somebody a "kike" in the hopes that you'll hit a skinhead and they'll get mad. Then you can say that you only use that word to insult people who are skinheads so it's all good that you use it.

No it isn't???? The original analogy fits. If you know that a person is a racist (like Skinhead), then stating that he has another race in his genetic makeup works to wind them up....because their attitude is irrational.

For rational thinkers (what I meant by normal Dixie...) stating that isn't an insult.

The insult is in the eye of the beholder...

Read what I posted for fuck's sake.....

I don't have to read it again, I noted your acceptance of using "rhetorical tools" as pejoratives on people you don't like. I disagree with that, and think it is bigoted and wrong to do, regardless of why you do it or how you excuse it.

Gaffer is not a Dixie clone. I have "known" him for years on another board.

I don't have to read it again, I noted your acceptance of using "rhetorical tools" as pejoratives on people you don't like. I disagree with that, and think it is bigoted and wrong to do, regardless of why you do it or how you excuse it.

It is only bigotted if you consider being called gay to be an insult....

I wonder why you consider being called gay to be an insult Dixie.....

I have to wonder if it sould be narcissism though as I suspect the other poster is a Dixie clone, but of course no proof on that

I'll give Damo permission to confirm it wasn't me. I have no clones, and nothing to hide.

Zinged? Because I yanked your bigoted homophobia out of the closet? Hahah! That's a good one!

No need for damo to be in this. I accept that the other poster is not a clone. I wonder why he is not raising cain though dixie ?
Hit too close to home on the lovers clinch huh ?

It is only bigotted if you consider being called gay to be an insult....

I wonder why you consider being called gay to be an insult Dixie.....

I don't consider being gay an insult, I didn't use it to insult anyone, that was uscitizen. Are you not keeping up? That is precisely why I raised the issue.

I don't consider being gay an insult, I didn't use it to insult anyone, that was uscitizen. Are you not keeping up? That is precisely why I raised the issue.

Having comprehension problems today Dixie?

Let's break it down for you..

Calling someone gay is only an insult if that person is homophobic.

If you call a non-homophobic person gay, they will not be insulted and thus it isn't an insult.

An insult is in the eye of the person being insulted...

Thus the skinhead analogy....

It's a fascinating discussion on what people are thinking when choosing an insult. If I think being short an insult, I'd be calling people short. If one were tall they couldn't care less. If they were short and cared they might be insulted... If they were short and didn't care at all and in fact liked being short would they be insulted by the fact that I use the term as a perjorative for others?

Would other people who knew short people and worked with them and knew them to be good people be sensitive also to the fact that others are using "short" or descriptive phrases that mean short as a perjorative?

Would other people who knew short people and worked with them and knew them to be good people be sensitive also to the fact that others are using "short" or descriptive phrases that mean short as a perjorative?

Depends on the connotation. I wouldn't avoid the word 'short' per se.... for example I wouldn't rename shortbread...

If I knew he is sensitive about it, I wouldn't call him short-arse....

However I know many short people who aren't sensitive who I call short-arse in general banter.

An insult is in the eye etc etc

Having comprehension problems today Dixie?

Let's break it down for you..

Calling someone gay is only an insult if that person is homophobic.

If you call a non-homophobic person gay, they will not be insulted and thus it isn't an insult.

An insult is in the eye of the person being insulted...

Thus the skinhead analogy....

I have no problem comprehending, apparently, you do. uscitizen didn't merely call someone "gay" in the response I posted, he used "gayness" as an insult, and directed it at someone for that sole intent and purpose. This is bigotry and prejudice, and it simply doesn't matter how you want to spin it, or how he intended it to come across, or who he directed it at and how they felt about it. I didn't claim that he knowingly made a bigoted remark, I fully understand that he didn't perceive it to be bigoted or prejudiced against gay people, and wasn't attempting to insult homosexuals. People who have underlying prejudice and bigotry, generally don't realize when they display it. This is why I felt compelled to point it out, especially in response to rob's thread question.

People who have underlying prejudice and bigotry, generally don't realize when they display it.
//

Like you saying you dont like to do business with Black folks dixie ?

People who have underlying prejudice and bigotry, generally don't realize when they display it.
//

Like you saying you dont like to do business with Black folks dixie ?

I never said that. If you are talking about a certain poster's sig, that is a misquote, taken completely out of the 'sarcastic example' context in which it was presented. It demonstrates a total lack of integrity and character of the slanderous person using it, and does not accurately reflect my personal viewpoint in any way.

one wonders how Dixie could have possibly known what my signature line was if he was, in fact, ignoring me.

hahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahhaha

Back