Why do we trust the church?

Did I say I was judging them all?

I don't think that only "a few" churchgoers commit "sins". Do you?

A whole lot of 'em commit crimes, too.

Just because you don't know about it doesn't mean it isn't happening. Did all the people in the Duggars' church know about Josh?

If you are not judging them all then you really should say so from the beginning so that there isn't any confusion in my opinion. I think when you consider how many millions of people that attend church every week it is "few" that commit these sorts of crimes yes, and when it comes to the Duggars it should be considered that out of that whole family it was just one and he is trying to make it right in their eyes now, but the rest from all information are good people and shouldn't be assumed to be bad people.

Looks like it could be because they attend church.

Looks like it or you actually have proof?

Looks like it could be because they're black since blacks commit far more crimes that their proportion in society.

Why do blacks commit crimes on a disproportionately higher basis than their percentage in society? I haven't been able to get an answer. Maybe you can shed some light on why.

If you are not judging them all then you really should say so from the beginning so that there isn't any confusion in my opinion. I think when you consider how many millions of people that attend church every week it is "few" that commit these sorts of crimes yes, and when it comes to the Duggars it should be considered that out of that whole family it was just one and he is trying to make it right in their eyes now, but the rest from all information are good people and shouldn't be assumed to be bad people.

If you're confused, that's your problem.

Josh is a criminal. His family tried to cover it up. They're criminals.

Are there criminals in your church?

Looks like it or you actually have proof? Looks like it could be because they're black since blacks commit far more crimes that their proportion in society. Why do blacks commit crimes on a disproportionately higher basis than their percentage in society? I haven't been able to get an answer. Maybe you can shed some light on why.

I showed proof that blacks attend church in high numbers.

Therefore....

If you're confused, that's your problem.

Josh is a criminal. His family tried to cover it up. They're criminals.

Are there criminals in your church?

What he did was wrong and he is paying the consequences of it, but forgiveness is stronger than spite and they are trying as a family to mend those broken fences so to speak and I can't fault them for it. There could be criminals in my church but I don't assume the worst in people I don't know.

What he did was wrong and he is paying the consequences of it, but forgiveness is stronger than spite and they are trying as a family to mend those broken fences so to speak and I can't fault them for it. There could be criminals in my church but I don't assume the worst in people I don't know.

Trust, but verify.

Who said that?

I don't know, but you can't verify that everybody that goes into your church is honest, you can only have faith that they are and if they break that trust then you go from there.

I bet Josh's sisters and their young friends had faith. His wife probably did, too. :)

What other reason can you provide?

Until you can show it's because they attend church, you haven't provided a reason. All you've done is show blacks attend church at high numbers.

It could be because they're black. Blacks have an incarceration rate of 2200/100,000 of their group. Their group is 41 million of the 325 million U.S. population. That's slightly over 900,000 blacks in prison. I'd say it's because they're black.

Until you can show it's because they attend church, you haven't provided a reason. All you've done is show blacks attend church at high numbers. It could be because they're black. Blacks have an incarceration rate of 2200/100,000 of their group. Their group is 41 million of the 325 million U.S. population. That's slightly over 900,000 blacks in prison. I'd say it's because they're black.

Can you show any proof that being black causes crime?

Unless you can, you have no proof, just speculation. :)

Can you show any proof that being black causes crime?

Unless you can, you have no proof, just speculation. :)

Can you show proof that blacks going to church causes them to commit crimes?

Unless you can, you have no proof, just speculation.

They had no reason not to, he is their brother and her husband, but now he has to earn that trust back and that's going to take time.

They had plenty of reasons not to, Norah Beth. Didn't they all know what he had done? Didn't they know he and his churchgoing family tried to cover it up?

Does "Ashley Madison" ring any bells?

They had plenty of reasons not to, Norah Beth. Didn't they all know what he had done? Didn't they know he and his churchgoing family tried to cover it up?

Does "Ashley Madison" ring any bells?

He is their brother and they did what they believed was the right thing to do for their family. I'm sure they had in-depth and serious conversations as the girls got older and were aware, but its out now and they are doing the best they can. They do not have to satisfy you.

You have no evidence that anything else causes them to commit crimes, do you?

Process of elimination. :)

Just like you with your speculation about it being because they go to church.

I used the same process of elimination as I did with determining you and now your buddy christiefan are cowards. I looked at who thread bans me and who doesn't. Since the two of you are the only ones, through the process of elimination, you two are cowards.

He is their brother and they did what they believed was the right thing to do for their family. I'm sure they had in-depth and serious conversations as the girls got older and were aware, but its out now and they are doing the best they can. They do not have to satisfy you.

What he did was criminal.

Many criminals of the worst sort attend church.

Pretending to be ignorant of their crimes does not excuse their criminality.

Pretending that an imaginary invisible creature "forgives" their crimes does not excuse their criminality.

Back