why does god allow evil to exist

Don Quixote

cancer survivor
Contributor
if god is omnipotent, then why does god allow evil to exist

what purpose does the devil fulfill in the theological scheme of things

evil exists right now

See all these assholes claiming evil is necessary for some fucked sense of symmetry? That's how they justify their own bad behavior.

if god is omnipotent, then why does god allow evil to exist

what purpose does the devil fulfill in the theological scheme of things

evil exists right now

God has ordered men to do evil deeds. Read the biblical tale of the battle of Jerico and the God ordered slaughter of women and children.

I therefore determine that God is evil as well.
Perhaps we are made in his image ?

God - at least the christian god, cannot do ANYTHING "wrong" or morally wrong. You know why this is, right? I can elaborate if needed. Once you understand that, you can go forward.

God - at least the christian god, cannot do ANYTHING "wrong" or morally wrong. You know why this is, right? I can elaborate if needed. Once you understand that, you can go forward.

He seems like an ass to me, with his commandments to kill children and smite neighboring tribes for no apparent reason.

If your answer is he can't do anything wrong because he's god, then I'm gonna have to laugh in your laughably theocratic and brainwashed face.

You cannot be free if a creator with full premonition of his actions created you.

Premonition isn't the same thing as predestination. If I can predict what you will be doing in ten minutes, it doesn't make you any less free.

The "open theist" argument is a mound of bullshit.

See all these assholes claiming evil is necessary for some fucked sense of symmetry? That's how they justify their own bad behavior.
I don't think symmetry has anything to do with it. The human population can be 100% good, 100% evil, or anything in between.

Back