why does god allow evil to exist

if god is omnipotent, then why does god allow evil to exist

what purpose does the devil fulfill in the theological scheme of things

evil exists right now

1. If God exists, then God is omnipotent, omniscient, and omnibenevolent.

2. If God is omnipotent, then God has the power to eliminate all evil.

3. If God is omniscient, then God knows that evil exists.

4. If God is omnibenevolent, then God will eliminate all evil.

5. Hence, if God exist, then there will be no evil.

However:

Does evil exist? As an entity or simply a verb, a moral judgement of an act?

Isn't evil a perspective?

Billy Jack was a real person? I thought he was a fictional character played by Tom somebodyorother.

Hmmmm, all my googling just brings up Tom Laughlin and his films. No mention of a "real person". at all.

Tom Laughlin is a real person. But Billy Jack is a fictional character portrayed by an actor.

1. If God exists, then God is omnipotent, omniscient, and omnibenevolent.

2. If God is omnipotent, then God has the power to eliminate all evil.

3. If God is omniscient, then God knows that evil exists.

4. If God is omnibenevolent, then God will eliminate all evil.

5. Hence, if God exist, then there will be no evil.

However:

Does evil exist? As an entity or simply a verb, a moral judgement of an act?

Isn't evil a perspective?
God is love: Given
God is a Jealous God: Given
Love is not Jealous: Given

If God is love, love is not jealous, and God is jealous, there is something not quite right.

Billy Jack was a real person? I thought he was a fictional character played by Tom somebodyorother.

Hmmmm, all my googling just brings up Tom Laughlin and his films. No mention of a "real person". at all.

Tom Laughlin is a real person. But Billy Jack is a fictional character portrayed by an actor.

You have to remember, Asshat lost his marbles a long time ago and considers Billy Jack as real as his grandmother.

yeah and I don't recall billy Jack being a Christian. just respecting those that were and protecting them.

could be wrong though, been a long time since I watched that movie and once was enough.

You do not have to be a christian to be a good person.

The movies were entertaining, but not what I would call great movies.

I didn't remember him being a christian either.

I was just amused that someone on the board cannot differentiate between a fictional character in a movie and a real person.

So go ahead and hurt your neighbor
go ahead and cheat a friend
Do it in the name of globalization
you can justify it in the end
But there won't be any trumpets blowing
come the judgement day
on the bloody morning after,

Billy Jack Becomes Real!

So go ahead and hurt your neighbor
go ahead and cheat a friend
Do it in the name of globalization
you can justify it in the end
But there won't be any trumpets blowing
come the judgement day
on the bloody morning after,

Billy Jack Becomes Real!

Can Billy Jack defeat a reptilian-hybrid? Or would they suck the life force from him?

lol

Sorry ahz, Billy Jack is not a real person.

The free will argument is bullshit as well. Supposedly it is the thing god gave us that he did not give any other animal. If that were true, then a mule, when presented with two identical looking apples would be unable to decide which one to eat. He would sit in a quandry and starve. People are given the ability to make decisions consistent with their mental falculties. A person with Down Syndrom does not have the same "free will" as I do. In most states, except Texas, a person with down syndrome is unable to differentiate between right and wrong or to comport his behavior with right and wrong. Downs and other developemental difficulties is the easy one. When we start to get into mental illness then the shades of gray begin. Someone who is schizophrenic but in control MOST of the time still behaves outside the strictures of "free will" some of the time. A person with extreme depression has different abilities. Every behavior you exhibit is part of your wiring. If your wiring is fucked in ANY way, it limits your ability to make choices. In another 50 years science will finally embrace that psycopathy is hardwired. That will change the whole idea of good and evil, right and wrong.

The free will argument is bullshit as well. Supposedly it is the thing god gave us that he did not give any other animal. If that were true, then a mule, when presented with two identical looking apples would be unable to decide which one to eat. He would sit in a quandry and starve. People are given the ability to make decisions consistent with their mental falculties. A person with Down Syndrom does not have the same "free will" as I do. In most states, except Texas, a person with down syndrome is unable to differentiate between right and wrong or to comport his behavior with right and wrong. Downs and other developemental difficulties is the easy one. When we start to get into mental illness then the shades of gray begin. Someone who is schizophrenic but in control MOST of the time still behaves outside the strictures of "free will" some of the time. A person with extreme depression has different abilities. Every behavior you exhibit is part of your wiring. If your wiring is fucked in ANY way, it limits your ability to make choices. In another 50 years science will finally embrace that psycopathy is hardwired. That will change the whole idea of good and evil, right and wrong.
Baloney. The donkey would start to eat both, and spit out the one that tasted bad. With regards to the mentally retarded human, his condition may prevent the complete freedom of a human with more complete faculties.

Back