why does god allow evil to exist

Who created nature? Who created life?

Now that is the question.
But why did "anyone" have to create it ?
Because we can envision nothing else ?

for all I know we are the failed experiment of some alien high school kid.

Enjoy life, treat people good and don't count on any reward later. Now may well be all we have. We can make it heaven or hell. Most often we seem to choose hell though.

The Goddess & God co-created nature?

Why does the beginning always seem to matter? There is absolutely no way to prove how the world began. So neither side of this argument have much hope of proof.

And what happened 4.5 billion or more years ago doesn't really seem relevant to our spirituality now.

People are given the ability to make decisions consistent with their mental falculties.

And the opinions that feed into the decision process are a result of complex conditioning, over which the individual has no control.

If free will depends on the individual having control over their actions;
And the contributors to decision making are not under the contrrol of individuals;
How can we describe this will as free?

They are all generally pro-corporate internationalist fascists who feel great outsourcing other americans and running the country as a corporation.

Yes. All. Generally.

WTF? I have been to a lot of churches, and none fit the description you posted. I haven't been to many of the huge churches, but the ones I visited spent their money on either resources for their own church members or on mission work. And I have never met a minister who favored outsourcing. But then, it would be a secret mission for him, wouldn't it?

WTF? I have been to a lot of churches, and none fit the description you posted. I haven't been to many of the huge churches, but the ones I visited spent their money on either resources for their own church members or on mission work. And I have never met a minister who favored outsourcing. But then, it would be a secret mission for him, wouldn't it?

Did you discuss it with him? His opinion on globalization?

But as we see, the big proponent of globalization has been to a lot of christian churches. There we have it, all the proof we need to indict the entire faith.

AHZ, as much as I admire your enthusiasm, and as much as religion is bollocks, not all religious people are bad. Not even all priests. Some do valuable social work.

But as we see, the big proponent of globalization has been to a lot of christian churches. There we have it, all the proof we need to indict the entire faith.

We see it where? What evidence do you offer to back this up?

The churches I have seen spend their money trying to help people.

I haven't discussed it with every minister I meet. But the topic has come up when immigration has come up, which is not uncommon. My son plans to be a minister. He has been very active in mission work over the last several years, so I have had the opportunity to meet quite a few mission oriented ministers.

I am willing to bet that I have talked with far more clergy than you have. And yet you insist you have proven some point, when all you have done is slander an entire faith.

I didn't say they were.

Actually, when you said They are all generally pro-corporate internationalist fascists who feel great outsourcing other americans and running the country as a corporation.

Yes. All. Generally.
you pretty much did say all.

"But as we see, the big proponent of globalization has been to a lot of christian churches. There we have it, all the proof we need to indict the entire faith."

So either you have indicted innocent all churches or you haven't.

Which is it??

Oh, and churches are not people.

No? Then exactly what are they then? Is the building what you have accused or indicted? Is it the altar and cross what you indicted?

The church is most certainly the people. They are the ones who decide what direction the church takes. The minister is a leader, but not a dictator.

On this you are absolutely wrong, asshat.

They are all generally pro-corporate internationalist fascists who feel great outsourcing other americans and running the country as a corporation.

Yes. All. Generally.

fas·cism: a political philosophy, movement, or regime (as that of the Fascisti) that exalts nation and often race above the individual and that stands for a centralized autocratic government headed by a dictatorial leader, severe economic and social regimentation, and forcible suppression of opposition
m-w.com

Sorry, I don't see this in my church, and I'm Catholic.

Back