Why does time work the way it does?

Indeed they do

If there is a divine nature to the universe, I can't think of a better way to appreciate it than by seeking some kind of understanding of the physics, mathmatics, and organization of the cosmos.

Indeed they do

If there is a divine nature to the universe, I can't think of a better way to appreciate it than by seeking some kind of understanding of the physics, mathmatics, and organization of the cosmos.

But throwing one's hands up an declaring "welp, that's just the way it is" is contrary to project of scientific inquiry,
Incorrect. I have already explained this to you but you are apparently too stupid to learn. Formally declaring "this is the way it is" is science. Religion handles the why it is the way that it is.

G = gravitational_constant* mass_1 * mass_2 / distance_squared ... is a statement of how it is, and doesn't even attempt to explain why it is that way.

and is intellectually and philosophically unsatisfying.
So you find science to be intellectually and philosophically unsatisfying. What about math? Is that unsatisfying as well? Math doesn't address "why" either.

I would like humanity to investigate questions about time, about the multiverse, about the nature of cosmic fine tuning.
What about other concepts that aren't real either, like questions about Pluto's pink plasmatic penguins with purple pimples? Would you find that satisfying? Wouldn't you find it more stimulating if the questions were about real things?

Then why would you waste time contemplating the "multiverse" or "cosmic tuning" or anything else that doesn't exist?

Perhaps.
I don't attribute a divine nature to the universe, however.
I see it as random happenstance.
That, most likely, explains my lack of curiosity.

Perhaps.
I don't attribute a divine nature to the universe, however.
I see it as random happenstance.
That, most likely, explains my lack of curiosity.

I fully understand that cosmology, high energy particle physics, mathmatics bore most people to tears.
I think for those with the interest and inclination, it can be appealing irrespective of religious belief.

That's fine but that understanding has, for some people, supplanted God. It would be like understanding the physics math and organization of a Ferrari and then as a result that understanding assuming the Ferrari didn't have a designer. It's ridiculous.

That's fine but that understanding has, for some people, supplanted God. It would be like understanding the physics math and organization of a Ferrari and then as a result that understanding assuming the Ferrari didn't have a designer. It's ridiculous.
I don't think science and math neccessarily turns people into atheists. I think a lot of people who start out irreligious go on to want to study science.

Newton and Galileo thought they were learning about God's creation.

Modern genetics and cosmology owe their existence, in large part, to Catholic priests trained as scientists.

I don't think science and math neccessarily turns people into atheists. I think a lot of people who start out irreligious go on to want to study science.

Newton and Galileo thought they were learning about God's creation.

Modern genetics and cosmology owe their existence, in large part, to Catholic priests trained as scientists.

I said it does, I didnt say it necessarily does. The prevailing narrative for decades has been that science and faith are mutually exclusive. Please don't try to deny that.

Hospitals and universities and most of Western civilization is owed in large part to the Catholic Church. That's why religion had to be destroyed before the real work of undoing Western civilization began. We are in the full throes of it now.

I said it does, I didnt say it necessarily does. The prevailing narrative for decades has been that science and faith are mutually exclusive. Please don't try to deny that.

Hospitals and universities and most of Western civilization is owed in large part to the Catholic Church. That's why religion had to be destroyed before the real work of undoing Western civilization began. We are in the full throes of it now.

The belief that science and religion are deadlocked in war is a 20th century creation that served the interests of extremists on both sides: holy roller fundamentalists and militant atheists.

It gets amplified in the heated partisan environment of internet forums.

In real life, most scientists are not devoting themselves to disparaging religion, and the polls I have seen indicate that at least half, if not more, scientists are religious.

The belief that science and religion are deadlocked in war is a 20th century creation that served the interests of extremists on both sides: holy roller fundamentalists and militant atheists.

It gets amplified in the heated partisan environment of internet forums.

In real life, most scientists are not devoting themselves to disparaging religion, and the polls I have seen indicate that at least half, if not more, scientists are religious.

Then we agree that the prevailing narrative has been science vs faith.

What matters is who drives the narrative and there has been an anti religion narrative for decades now.

Then we agree that the prevailing narrative has been science vs faith.

What matters is who drives the narrative and there has been an anti religion narrative for decades now.

I agree that there is a media and internet driven narrative that there is widespread persecution of christians.

It's good clickbait and sells.

I agree that there is a media and internet driven narrative that there is widespread persecution of christians.

It's good clickbait and sells.

I didn't mention any persecution. The narrative is that science and faith are incompatible.

I didn't mention any persecution. The narrative is that science and faith are incompatible.

There's some who feel like that. I think it gets overblown on cable and the internet because percieved conflict and turmoil are great stories to sell.

You and others on JPP engage in it. All other political sites engage in it. LGBTQIAMCGDPAPWCXSIFDCGNA+ are locked on "HATE on Christians" mode.

Yakuda is right and your transparent dishonesty is dismissed.

Back