Why FDR Was the Best President We Ever Had

Try reading, next time, Christie.

1) I didn't accuse you of hating the south. Apparently you're not cool enough for that.
2) Desh accused people attacking Lincoln of hating America. You attacked Lincoln, ergo you hate America. Sorry, but I don't make the rules - Desh does.

Finally, they're not real Americans, so it's easy enough for me to hate on them and still not be hating my fellow Americans, as you accuse me of doing.

I don't get hating the south. Maybe the South Pole (the North Pole too) even though I've never been to either place, but a desolate, frozen, unpopulated terrain is hell on earth to me. Not those states below the Mason-Dixon line.

I want to address this inferred bullshit:

Unemployment soared after Reagan’s 1981 tax cuts. Unemployment jumped to 10.8 percent after Reagan enacted his much-touted tax cut, and it took years for the rate to get back down to its previous level.

The Economic Recovery Tax Act of 1981 was signed into law on August 13, 1981; there is no way you are going to make a coherent case that this act caused the unemployment rates to raise the following month.

That's just outright stupidity. Perhaps you should stop reading leftist disinformation blogs? You would be much better informed and wouldn't make such stupid claims constantly.

I want to address this inferred bullshit:

Unemployment soared after Reagan’s 1981 tax cuts. Unemployment jumped to 10.8 percent after Reagan enacted his much-touted tax cut, and it took years for the rate to get back down to its previous level.

The Economic Recovery Tax Act of 1981 was signed into law on August 13, 1981; there is no way you are going to make a coherent case that this act caused the unemployment rates to raise the following month.

That's just outright stupidity. Perhaps you should stop reading leftist disinformation blogs? You would be much better informed and wouldn't make such stupid claims constantly.

Unemployment took a huge jump with Ronald Reagan. You said prove it, so I did.

There is nothing leftist dominated in my proofs: that's why I gave you more than one. So it's true: live with it.

It had far more to do with the interest rate hikes of Volcker than with the tax cuts. That is what drove us into a needed recession. It is what killed the double digit inflation of Carter. Short term pain for long term gain.

Uh, no: it had a lot to do with Reagan's union busting polices that the corporate just ate up. When Reagan came in; jobs went to hell. The country (was turned) to wall Street and the rest is history. You can look at the charts going back 55 years through everything else and see it as plain as day.

Uh, no: it had a lot to do with Reagan's union busting polices that the corporate just ate up. When Reagan came in; jobs went to hell. The country (was turned) to wall Street and the rest is history. You can look at the charts going back 55 years through everything else and see it as plain as day.

I get that you are pro-union but look at the growth under Reagan. Do you not see the numbers?

I don't get hating the south. Maybe the South Pole (the North Pole too) even though I've never been to either place, but a desolate, frozen, unpopulated terrain is hell on earth to me. Not those states below the Mason-Dixon line.

They're also uber pussies that handle an extra 1° C or they start melting!

You clearly have no comprehension of economics. Trying reading up on Volcker. He tried the same interest rate hikes under Carter, but when the economy turned south as a result, he stopped. When Reagan took office, Volcker reimplemented the plan and it did what was expected. It tossed us into a recession and killed inflation.

If your above nonsense was correct, then how do you explain the recovery?

There is nothing leftist dominated in my proofs: that's why I gave you more than one. So it's true: live with it.

You give credit to FDR's labour policies for the period of 1948-1974, yet you forget that the real hero was Robert Taft and the Taft-Hartley Act in 1947. :cof1:

It had far more to do with the interest rate hikes of Volcker than with the tax cuts. That is what drove us into a needed recession. It is what killed the double digit inflation of Carter. Short term pain for long term gain.
Lefties have a hard time making information from (cherry picked) "facts".

I get that you are pro-union but look at the growth under Reagan. Do you not see the numbers?

The numbers were just that - numbers. People in this country were losing their jobs left and right: I saw it happen, and as wages began to be supressed, dividends went up.

You give credit to FDR's labour policies for the period of 1948-1974, yet you forget that the real hero was Robert Taft and the Taft-Hartley Act in 1947. :cof1:

Yeah, it was "the slave labor bill" and was a direct violation of the Constitutions freedom of expression / speech.

The numbers were just that - numbers. People in this country were losing their jobs left and right: I saw it happen, and as wages began to be supressed, dividends went up.

Yes, there were two recessions within the first three years. Then the economy took off and unemployment fell in half.

Wrong; you claimed that Reagan ran up unemployment to 10% for three years. Just admit you're a lying dunce.

Correction; it had NOTHING to do with the tax cuts.

LMAO; where do you come up with such false crap??? Jobs went to hell???

Back