Why hunt? To kill is a thrill if you're mentally ill

To willingly take the life of a large animal without an emotional response would indicate the killer to be a psychopath. A thrill denotes an emotional sensation of pleasure. Every hunter I have ever met are quick to convey to others that they enjoy it. Are you saying you feel nothing when you kill?

From the actual kill? I feel a bit sad at the death. Every time. But that is part of hunting. I am not squeamish about it.

Do you have to hunt to feed yourself?

No but I also dont need to go to the store to feed myself either (when i'm at my parents house) because of a combination of growing up on a working ranch which means livestock and also have a family that hunts and fishes. When i'm on campus then I obviously will buy things from the store or eat in a cafeteria.

No but I also dont need to go to the store to feed myself either (when i'm at my parents house) because of a combination of growing up on a working ranch which means livestock and also have a family that hunts and fishes. When i'm on campus then I obviously will buy things from the store or eat in a cafeteria.

So you kill because...?

So you kill because...?

Like when I go hunting? When we go hunting later this month if I kill anything it would be to help provide my parents and some family with meat. I won't be taking any meat with me back to Abilene when school starts back up after the christmas break.

Like when I go hunting? When we go hunting later this month if I kill anything it would be to help provide my parents and some family with meat. I won't be taking any meat with me back to Abilene when school starts back up after the christmas break.

Do your parents need food assistance?

Daddy is an NRA jihadist?

There are guns at the house yes and my dad has taught me how to use most of them so im comfortable with them. They are just objects to me and as long as you are safe and responsible with them then it's all ok.

No they dont need assistance or anything like that. Do you mean like food stamps?

Yes. You mentioned that you would help provide your parents and some family with meat.

You'd ask for help if they were going hungry, wouldn't you?

You don't need to kill defenseless animals to feed your family.

I can recommend a food bank and some help ministries if you want to PM me, in case you're embarrassed.

Yes. You mentioned that you would help provide your parents and some family with meat.

You'd ask for help if they were going hungry, wouldn't you?

You don't need to kill defenseless animals to feed your family.

I can recommend a food bank and some help ministries if you want to PM me, in case you're embarrassed.

Oh, no I didn't mean to imply that. They aren't in that sort of need at all. When I say that I am helping them I just mean that we go as a family and so if I kill a deer or a dove or a hog or whatever else it would go to them. I wouldn't have the ability to process a whole deer and store all that meat when i'm almost four hours away at school so it just makes sense to give them the meat of anything I kill and then it goes towards providing dinners for them and meat for friends and so on too.

Oh, no I didn't mean to imply that. They aren't in that sort of need at all. When I say that I am helping them I just mean that we go as a family and so if I kill a deer or a dove or a hog or whatever else it would go to them. I wouldn't have the ability to process a whole deer and store all that meat when i'm almost four hours away at school so it just makes sense to give them the meat of anything I kill and then it goes towards providing dinners for them and meat for friends and so on too.

I was concerned. I guess it must be hard to run a ranch without a hand, and when you're away in school things might get tight.

Promise you'll let me know if they need help, will you?

You can do it privately.

I was concerned. I guess it must be hard to run a ranch without a hand, and when you're away in school things might get tight.

Promise you'll let me know if they need help, will you?

You can do it privately.

No they have workers. I didn't mean to imply otherwise, but thank you for your concern. Growing up I helped where I could but I mostly just tended to my horses and did competitions, but I will be studying livestock management in college and so some of my first hand experience along with that education should help one day if I decide to work my family's ranch or go somewhere for it.

So you seek that feeling of sadness by killing more?
What does "squeamish"mean to you?

There is a small feeling of sadness in an entire event that I thoroughly enjoy.

Squeamish means

" afraid to deal with or do things that might hurt or offend people

: having an unpleasantly nervous or doubtful feeling

: easily shocked, offended, or disgusted by unpleasant things"

from: http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/squeamish

No they have workers. I didn't mean to imply otherwise, but thank you for your concern. Growing up I helped where I could but I mostly just tended to my horses and did competitions, but I will be studying livestock management in college and so some of my first hand experience along with that education should help one day if I decide to work my family's ranch or go somewhere for it.

Good for you!

I think you're a fine young woman.

Do people eat doves? :whoa:

Back