Why hunt? To kill is a thrill if you're mentally ill

So you base your assessment of my statements on an untruth from years ago? lol Ok by me. But why do you continue to ask me questions? Do you have some mystical method of divining the truth? And are you saying that if someone lies once, they can be considered a liar from then on?

Once trust is broken....

I'm still a little confused about what it is you are trying to get at or say. All meat regardless of where you get it came from a once living animal that was killed by human beings. The deer that I shoot and kill that then feeds us and some friends for dinner, the cow that a farm worker killed that becomes your burger or steak, the turkey that had it's head cut off that ended up on your table for thanksgiving. They were all alive once. If the workers at a factory farm enjoy their job is that the same to you as me enjoying spending time with my dad while going hunting? Do you eat meat?

I suspect that many people on earth manage to live without killing animals.

Others do it because they must, but take no pleasure in it.

Why not admit that you don't need to kill, but you like doing it?

Why not accept that people enjoy hunting, but do not get a thrill from the actual kill? I have listed numerous reasons why I enjoy hunting. The actual killing is not something that causes a thrill.

No, I believe what Norah means is that predators eating prey is not new or horrible.

That's sweet. Did she whisper that in your ear, or are you claiming to know what she feels?

It is life.

Are you going to hum a tune from The Lion King next?

You seem unconcerned about how factory farm animals are treated.

I do? What gave you that notion?

But claim to know what hunters feel.

I do?

When did I say that?

I'm still a little confused about what it is you are trying to get at or say. All meat regardless of where you get it came from a once living animal that was killed by human beings. The deer that I shoot and kill that then feeds us and some friends for dinner, the cow that a farm worker killed that becomes your burger or steak, the turkey that had it's head cut off that ended up on your table for thanksgiving. They were all alive once. If the workers at a factory farm enjoy their job is that the same to you as me enjoying spending time with my dad while going hunting? Do you eat meat?

Don't bother asking him questions. He loves to ask them (and will misquote you quite often). But he answers questions very rarely.

Why not accept that people enjoy hunting, but do not get a thrill from the actual kill? I have listed numerous reasons why I enjoy hunting. The actual killing is not something that causes a thrill.

I have stated alternative activities you could pursue instead of killing.

You don't like them and insist they won't satisfy you.

By the process of elimination, killing seems to be the thing you crave.

Of course I don't "need" to hunt but I enjoy going whenever I can because it means spending time with my dad usually. I don't "like" killing anything but I do like the time out in the woods and I do like eating food that I I my family provided. Most people live without killing animals out of convenience is super markets and the ease to get meat that someone else killed for them but without a second thought about. Is it just as bad to be apathetic to the killing as opposed to doing the killing to provide for yourself or family? Millions of animals are killed yearly without a single tear from the people that eat it. Is that bad?

That's sweet. Did she whisper that in your ear, or are you claiming to know what she feels?

I read what she wrote. It seemed clear enough to me.

Are you going to hum a tune from The Lion King next?

Sarcasm again? Still not an argument. And the predator/prey relationship is about biology.

I do? What gave you that notion?

When it is brought up in this thread you seem to minimize it.

I do?

When did I say that?

YOu insist that hunters should admit that they feel a thrill when they kill. And anyone who says they don't feel that thrill is either called a liar or is treated as though they are lying.

I have stated alternative activities you could pursue instead of killing.

You don't like them and insist they won't satisfy you.

By the process of elimination, killing seems to be the thing you crave.

And I listed several reasons why the alternative activities to not do all that hunting does. But rather than either discuss it or accept it, you chose to ridicule it. Not my problem. My answers are still accurate.

BTW, do you think that eliminating hunting will eliminate the need for a conservation dept on a state level?

Have you ever lied in your life?

Of course I don't "need" to hunt but I enjoy going whenever I can because it means spending time with my dad usually. I don't "like" killing anything but I do like the time out in the woods and I do like eating food that I I my family provided. Most people live without killing animals out of convenience is super markets and the ease to get meat that someone else killed for them but without a second thought about. Is it just as bad to be apathetic to the killing as opposed to doing the killing to provide for yourself or family? Millions of animals are killed yearly without a single tear from the people that eat it. Is that bad?

Ask your dad to take you hiking and bring you a steak from the ranch.

Nobody will die, but you might even enjoy it more without the earplugs and shotgun blasts.

Or maybe not, if the urge to get pleasure from killing is the real reason you enjoy the trips together.

Ask your dad to take you hiking and bring you a steak from the ranch.

Nobody will die, but you might even enjoy it more without the earplugs and shotgun blasts.

Or maybe not, if the urge to get pleasure from killing is the real reason you enjoy the trips together.

In order for her to have a steak the cow has to die.

BTW, do you think that eliminating hunting will eliminate the need for a conservation dept on a state level?

Have you ever lied in your life?

I read what she wrote. It seemed clear enough to me.

She has a daddy already. Did she ask you to mansplain?

Sarcasm again? Still not an argument. And the predator/prey relationship is about biology.

So is rape.

When it is brought up in this thread you seem to minimize it.

I do?

Can you explain?

Am I responsible for your interpretation of the things I say? If you need help understanding me, just ask. maybe I'll answer.

YOu insist that hunters should admit that they feel a thrill when they kill. And anyone who says they don't feel that thrill is either called a liar or is treated as though they are lying.

I do?

When did I say that?

My mistrust of your statements is based on experience. You're a liar.

We're not discussing supermarkets, factory farms, or slaughterhouses...unless you think killing animals for fun is part of those enterprises.

Is it?

You don't say?

Does someone enjoy killing it?

Do "sportsmen" shoot cattle for fun in the fields as a matter of course?

Since there is no way to determine whether or not the hunters enjoy the actual killing or, as I have explained, like me enjoy other aspects of hunting, you have no way of differentiating.

Back