Why hunt? To kill is a thrill if you're mentally ill

So you say.

If you gave them venison from a supplier, would they feel less "blessed"?

Your generosity stops short of spending $3 @ pound, apparently.

Eh, some of my family and friends get more and some get less. I have plenty so I share.

None of the nonsense you are going on about changes the validity of my answer.

I know that I personally feel adrenaline when i'm aiming, anxiety the second after I shoot, relief when I see the animal fall immediately, a little bit of sadness when I approach the dead animal, happiness when I know I succeeded, and thankfulness that there will be meat for months.

That sounds about right.

Odd. We have two killers here who say they don't enjoy it, yet there are posts by hunters online that belie those claims.

If you don't enjoy killing animals, are you doing it for altruistic reasons, like Saint WinterBorn?

I didn't say I didn't enjoy hunting. I said I do not get a thrill from the actual kill. Do try and stay with what we actually say.

And yes, the Pope has discussed making me a saint when we have our weekly phone calls. If only I were catholic. :palm:

I don't go hunting as often as I did before I started college but here in a couple of weeks me, my dad, my brother, and my uncle will all be going deer, duck and dove hunting which should be fun.

I don't go hunting as often as I did before I started college but here in a couple of weeks me, my dad, my brother, and my uncle will all be going deer, duck and dove hunting which should be fun.

I'm sure the birds will enjoy helping you get a thrill out of killing them. Particularly any young that might starve in the nest because you killed their food source for fun.

I'm sure the birds will enjoy helping you get a thrill out of killing them. Particularly any young that might starve in the nest because you killed their food source for fun.

Please keep in mind that they are also a source of food just as the live animals that they would eat to sustain themselves and their family are.

Please keep in mind that they are also a source of food just as the live animals that they would eat to sustain themselves and their family are.

You mean that saving insects, fish, and worms' lives is your justification for killing birds that may be the only source of food for young in the nest?

If you must eat fowl, I can help you find a grocery or KFC near the campus.

Of course, that wouldn't thrill you as much as blasting one of God's defenseless creatures out of the sky.

You mean that saving insects, fish, and worms' lives is your justification for killing birds that may be the only source of food for young in the nest?

Of course, that wouldn't thrill you as much as blasting one of God's defenseless creatures out of the sky.

The birds at the grocery story and at KFC were once alive as well

Were they killed for fun?

They were killed for food which is what the vast majority of hunters are killing for as well. I thinking hunting is fun but I don't go hunting to kill for fun I go in hopes of getting meat. If my dad and I go hunt we will have fun and enjoy each other's company but the ultimate goal is to get meat to eat.

They were killed for food which is what the vast majority of hunters are killing for as well. I thinking hunting is fun but I don't go hunting to kill for fun I go in hopes of getting meat. If my dad and I go hunt we will have fun and enjoy each other's company but the ultimate goal is to get meat to eat.

I can help you find a food bank if you're desperate. They will give you meat. They won't let you kill it yourself though, I fear.

No, I believe what Norah means is that predators eating prey is not new or horrible. It is life. You seem unconcerned about how factory farm animals are treated. But claim to know what hunters feel.

I can only base an assessment on your proven history of untruth.

So you base your assessment of my statements on an untruth from years ago? lol Ok by me.

But why do you continue to ask me questions? Do you have some mystical method of divining the truth?

And are you saying that if someone lies once, they can be considered a liar from then on?

I can help you find a food bank if you're desperate. They will give you meat. They won't let you kill it yourself though, I fear.

I'm still a little confused about what it is you are trying to get at or say. All meat regardless of where you get it came from a once living animal that was killed by human beings. The deer that I shoot and kill that then feeds us and some friends for dinner, the cow that a farm worker killed that becomes your burger or steak, the turkey that had it's head cut off that ended up on your table for thanksgiving. They were all alive once. If the workers at a factory farm enjoy their job is that the same to you as me enjoying spending time with my dad while going hunting? Do you eat meat?

Back