Why is America SO Great?

The whole lead/follow thing is another thread entirely. We SHOULD be the world leader in so many areas. We should be leading on environmental initiatives; instead, we don't even follow, ignoring global efforts like Kyoto. We're behind in healthcare, we're losing ground on medical research, we're getting whupped in education. The anti-science faction of our country (Dixie...see: mirror) is killing us.

I'm not sure what we even lead the world in, anymore. Sports? Reality shows?

I'm starting to think this is a put-on. It sounds too dumbed-down, even for Dixie.

It's along the lines of those sarcastic "isn't liberalism great!" posts; it's gotta be.

OMG, Oncieduncie... I think I get it... you really REALLy don't believe America is a great nation! No wonder you don't get my point about us being great because of being endowed by our Creator, you don't even believe the "great" part! That's really sad man. You should move to wherever you think it's greater! Where would that be, by the way? Maybe we can take up a collection? I just hate that you are stuck in this place you can't stand and don't believe is great, you deserve to live your life how you like, you are endowed this right by your Creator, in my opinion. So, please let us know if we can help make that happen for you.

OMG, Oncieduncie... I think I get it... you really REALLy don't believe America is a great nation! No wonder you don't get my point about us being great because of being endowed by our Creator, you don't even believe the "great" part! That's really sad man. You should move to wherever you think it's greater! Where would that be, by the way? Maybe we can take up a collection? I just hate that you are stuck in this place you can't stand and don't believe is great, you deserve to live your life how you like, you are endowed this right by your Creator, in my opinion. So, please let us know if we can help make that happen for you.

Is this offer good for me too? If McCain were to become President instead of Obama, I would like to go to the South of France. If you guys can’t swing that, I would consider Latin America?

So dishonest. This is always how it is w/ you & yours. Either you think America is the greatest, most incredible, bestest country ever in the history of all mankind & the universe, or you hate America.

You rubes are too predictable.

They were in Berlin before us, they went to space before us. We followed! OMG!

Well, if being first in Berlin and Space were criteria for consideration of lone world superpower, you might have a point, but it's not. We lead the world in space exploration, as well as establishing freedom and democracy, if you want to bring that into the mix.

It is absolutely astonishing to me... I make a post about American greatness, and you all come out of the woodwork to argue that America is not great! You turn yourselves into Soviet Apologists and defenders of Communism! Just to avoid admitting America is great... forget exploring the reasons for the greatness! lol

It has been a fraction of the time, hasn't it? Why do you suppose that is? How did we luck out and create such a great power in such a short time? And not just a "great" power, but the greatest power ever known to man! Aside from a brief period in the 60~80's, no other nation has even come close to matching us in the past 100 years. While we've maintained this status, we have also practically saved the world from itself twice and no telling how many nations we've bailed out of financial trouble, given our resources to, or liberated because they couldn't do it themselves. Yet, we still have idiots like Waterhead muttering silly shit like "America isn't great" and you making some stupid point about those who've never travelled outside the borders. Do you people just not understand our greatness, or the scope and magnitude of it?

I've given you examples of it, military might, technologies, medicine, science, space exploration, and the general ingenuity to solve whatever problems we have ever set our minds to. All you can do is point to areas we haven't excelled in as well as other nations, but the argument wasn't that America is Perfect. We do have our flaws and faults, but most of them relate to Pinheads like yourself, who don't understand what makes America great, and who aren't willing to believe we are the greatest power ever known to man.

Rome had far more total control and power over the world in its time.

Well, the reason we don't lead the world in education is because we allowed pinheads to infiltrate education. Instead of believing in the power of a people endowed by their creator to build the best educational system ever known to mankind, we allowed liberal idiots to let a government build education. In short, we failed to follow our founding principles, and in the past 40 years, we've literally gone out of the way to remove this principle from our schools in every way.

Furthermore, any attempt in recent times to return our education system to the people endowed by our creator, is met with vehement resistence from pinheads like yourself, who still believes we are given freedom by the government.

Well surely we'd be just fine if we had let clean, efficient market schools pick and choose what rich kids to educate.

Everyone just ignore Europes schools which our ten times better than ours. They don't exist in Dixie's world.

I think it lies in the simple fact that we obtain our rights and freedoms from our Creator, not some other entity.

What the hell would that have to do with anything?

The people of Poland were almost completely free before their anarchic government was crushed in between two aristocritic dictatorships. Were their freedoms not as good because they weren't derived from a creator?

Well, simple... who developed the atomic bomb? who put a man on the moon? Impossible feats before we came along and did it for the first time. No other empire in he history of man has accomplished so much. If you read my initial post, I clearly pointed out, there have been longer-standing empires, the British Empire is a good example, they have us beat by thousands of years, but why are they not the world's lone superpower? The Romans, in their day, were powerful, and held the vast majority of the resources in the known world, why did they not endure? Hitler and Japan had nearly unstoppable military forces, why didn't they prevail? There have certainly been other contenders, but only America has been able to do what has been done. Why? What fundamental reason can explain such exceptionalism? I think it lies in the simple fact that we obtain our rights and freedoms from our Creator, not some other entity.

Everyone obtaines rights from the Creator, not some other entity, no matter what there government claims.

Is this offer good for me too? If McCain were to become President instead of Obama, I would like to go to the South of France. If you guys can’t swing that, I would consider Latin America?

I can call Sean Hannity and see if he can't take care of it... of course he will want to put you on the show and chronicle your departure, or chickening out when it came down to the wire. You Libs talk a big talk, but you ain't going nowhere, you know you've got it made here. Hell, McCain is practically one of you, I don't understand what your complaint is! I'm the one without any representation here! You damn liberals have been given everything you've wanted the past 60 years, that's the problem now, you're too spoiled!

Oh really? We are the only nation ever to exploit the resources of whoever was there before? I think history is full of these instances, no need to list them all here, but needless to say, that isn't it. If this were the case, the Soviets would certainly still be a superpower.

Other empires have taken resources from their predecessors, boundless resources as a matter of fact, but they have long since fallen, if they managed to make it to the top to begin with, some couldn't do it even WITH the bountiful resources they captured. No, there is something much more fundamental and strong than simply capturing resources.

I can't believe how many of you Pinheads either don't believe we are the world's greatest superpower ever in the history of mankind, or think it is a fluke or we are at the end of our run. Anything but admit that it is because of what I said, the endowment of our rights by our Creator. It illustrates the danger present in today's society, where Atheist views have blinded you to what makes us great, and in fact, prompts you to try and destroy it on a daily basis.

This is a shocker to some of you, I know, but I did not post this to persuade you or change your minds. Those of you who are self-professed Atheists, are not going to accept what I've said, and I can understand that, I don't care if you do. I posted it for those who may be inclined to listen to your anti-religious, anti-christian attacks, and might think you made some valid points. People who are indifferent, and subject to be swayed by your arguments against our founding principles. It's important to keep this in perspective, and remind people that we are endowed our rights by our Creator, despite your attempts to construct a mythical 'wall of separation' around this concept. It is the single most important attribute of who we are and why we have become so great.

Areas where the nations have flourished in the past were built on long occupied territory. Ours was built on pretty much virgin territory and a lot of it.
We had our flare of glory and it will pass as have all the other great powers in history and pre-history.

Come on, if you belive in a Creator, dont all people achually have rights endowed by the Creator, regardless of what the government claims?

Back