Why is America SO Great?

LOL, How can I argue with that.

But it is sort of the same logic Dixie is using. If he was born and raised in Hugoland he would br prasing that country and leader.

Not at all. Read my post. I am not praising America because I live here, or because of who our leaders are. I also recognize there are other powers who come and go, like the Soviets and China, and older empires, like the British and Arabs. America has been pretty much the Top Dog for many years. Most non-ignorant people know this, but you guys seem to need proof or something. So, I gave you proof and you still want to insist America isn't even great, much less The Greatest Ever.

Here is the thing, we are the greatest ever, and if you want to live in denial that is fine with me, I don't really care. My thread was intended to explore why America is the greatest ever, not to argue with the ignorant.

The concept of natural rights derived from a creator is, to quote Jeremy Bentham, "nonsense on stilts". I think we call all safely say that freedom is a good thing and there are a lot of utilitarian reasons for having it, none of them having to do with any fictitious creator.

America is not the greatest, just currently the most powerful. They are not the same thing. Granted we have it good here but so do several other places in the world, they are just smaller.

Not at all. Read my post. I am not praising America because I live here, or because of who our leaders are. I also recognize there are other powers who come and go, like the Soviets and China, and older empires, like the British and Arabs. America has been pretty much the Top Dog for many years. Most non-ignorant people know this, but you guys seem to need proof or something. So, I gave you proof and you still want to insist America isn't even great, much less The Greatest Ever.

Here is the thing, we are the greatest ever, and if you want to live in denial that is fine with me, I don't really care. My thread was intended to explore why America is the greatest ever, not to argue with the ignorant.

America: kind of dominates the world for about 20 years

Rome: complete and total domination of most of the known world for 400 years.

we are just a flash in the pan as far as governments go.
consider Rome, China, Mayans, persians, egypt, etc....

"America is not the greatest, just currently the most powerful."

"Greatest" is such an arbitrary designation, anyway. In what? The arts? Medicine & science? GDP? Exports, imports, environmental consciousness, schools? Cuisine, crime rate, car emissions, research? Leadership, workplace conditions, opportunity, happiness?

What? I swear, Dixie always sounds like a rube, but this thread is the rubiest in awhile. "I've given proof!"

We have numerous threads on here talking of the areas where the USA lags several of the developed countries in several areas.

But hey we are number one in percentage of our population in prision :cheer:

America: kind of dominates the world for about 20 years

Rome: complete and total domination of most of the known world for 400 years.

I was going to mention that, then I was feeling like I did not want to destroy Dixie's illusions.

There are other places I would rather live if it were not for family, and the financial considerations of moving.

The concept of natural rights derived from a creator is, to quote Jeremy Bentham, "nonsense on stilts". I think we call all safely say that freedom is a good thing and there are a lot of utilitarian reasons for having it, none of them having to do with any fictitious creator.

Other nations have enjoyed freedom, yet they failed to prevail and become the world's greatest superpower. There is nothing fictitious about what 96% of the world believes in, so maybe you should examine what you believe?

Indeed, we can argue many reasons for having freedom, we can create all kinds of documents and ordain kings to bestow freedom upon ourselves. We can even develop democratic governments to insure and protect freedoms. But no one has ever formed a nation like America, it is unique in greatness and indeed the pinnacle of greatness, as nations go. As much as you wish to deny it, we simply ARE #1.

The question is, why? What is different about our form of government and our particular foundation, that enabled such unlimited and unmatched greatness and power in such a relatively short period of time? My argument is, the foundational principles contained in the endowment of freedom and rights from our Creator. It is this, which makes our nation unique.

The power of the people to determine their own destiny does not come from a governmental entity, it isn't mandated by a constitution, or granted by judges in robes. This power is inalienable because it is not endowed by man, therefore, no man can take it away. This is what has made America exceptional, and will continue to do so as long as it is realized by the citizenry. It is this foundational principle of our nation which is currently under attack by the left, in an attempt to destroy it so you can bring down America. This is evident by the tone of the posts to this very thread.

Other nations have enjoyed freedom, yet they failed to prevail and become the world's greatest superpower. There is nothing fictitious about what 96% of the world believes in, so maybe you should examine what you believe?

Indeed, we can argue many reasons for having freedom, we can create all kinds of documents and ordain kings to bestow freedom upon ourselves. We can even develop democratic governments to insure and protect freedoms. But no one has ever formed a nation like America, it is unique in greatness and indeed the pinnacle of greatness, as nations go. As much as you wish to deny it, we simply ARE #1.

The question is, why? What is different about our form of government and our particular foundation, that enabled such unlimited and unmatched greatness and power in such a relatively short period of time? My argument is, the foundational principles contained in the endowment of freedom and rights from our Creator. It is this, which makes our nation unique.

The power of the people to determine their own destiny does not come from a governmental entity, it isn't mandated by a constitution, or granted by judges in robes. This power is inalienable because it is not endowed by man, therefore, no man can take it away. This is what has made America exceptional, and will continue to do so as long as it is realized by the citizenry. It is this foundational principle of our nation which is currently under attack by the left, in an attempt to destroy it so you can bring down America. This is evident by the tone of the posts to this very thread.

Dixie, I believe in reality. I am not sure what you believe in though.

Back