Why is the media lying about the Georgian conflict?

They used footage of the Tskhinvali damage to prove Gori was in ruins.

It was shot and used two days earlier then used again to say Gori was in ruins.

WHY?

They used footage of the Tskhinvali damage to prove Gori was in ruins.

It was shot and used two days earlier then used again to say Gori was in ruins.

WHY?

Because we americans will believe anything we see on tv.

And most americans couldn't tell you which country was where.

And as long as we see something blown up and in ruins we are entertained.

I think it is probably more likely that they were misinformed about one or the other, the vast majority of the time the AP simply gives them a feed and they repeat it without ever having one of their own journalists anywhere near the place they are "reporting" on.

Sigh.......

I really don't want to have to care about this Georgian conflict. there are so many other conflicts throughout the rest of the world too, why can't we take a page from that book and just slowly step away from this one, watch Phelps replays, and waive our flags.......?

huh? Why can't we people?

Sigh.......

I really don't want to have to care about this Georgian conflict. there are so many other conflicts throughout the rest of the world too, why can't we take a page from that book and just slowly step away from this one, watch Phelps replays, and waive our flags.......?

huh? Why can't we people?

That's an excellent question actually.

I mean, even without the Phelps replays.

We have to care.

The cons are using it to bolster the republican hard line stance.

Do we? Do we really have to pay more attention to the Georgian conflict than other conflicts throughout the world? I mean if as a nation we managed to shrug throughout the Darfur crisis, why give two $hits about a couple towns outside of Russia?

I don't care what McCain's hardline big mouth stance on anything is. Quite frankly at the end of the day, we aren't going to do anything about it and as such, we should just stfu, step back and let them go on with their crisis the same way we ignore crises in countries where brown people live.

We have to care because we are being lied to.

We can no longer stand by and shrug when they lie, people always end up dead because of it.

Do we? Do we really have to pay more attention to the Georgian conflict than other conflicts throughout the world? I mean if as a nation we managed to shrug throughout the Darfur crisis, why give two $hits about a couple towns outside of Russia?

I don't care what McCain's hardline big mouth stance on anything is. Quite frankly at the end of the day, we aren't going to do anything about it and as such, we should just stfu, step back and let them go on with their crisis the same way we ignore crises in countries where brown people live.

All good points Tiana.

We can no longer stand by and shrug when they lie, people always end up dead because of it.

I understand but I think that Tiana's point is, wtf should Americans care enough about this to like McCain's "hardline" stand on it, when they don't give two shits about Darfur and places like it?

What would you like done Desh? What is your solution here?

Edit: And if I may ask who is the "they" you are referring to as lying?

Back