Why is the media lying about the Georgian conflict?

Im digging for the truth.

I dont trust our media to give it to me.

They helped lie us into a war already.

where did I say we were entering a war?

when you say the media lied us into a war already it gives off the impression you feel it might happen again in this instance.

I'm not sure what website or blog you found your original clip on but besides saying they lied to you you haven't said what it is you're looking for. This is not meant to be negative but just come out and say it. You say you want the truth but having posted with you long enough you already have something in your mind that you are probably trying to prove. Instead of beating around the bush just say it and you can get a more straight forward discussion.

No if you watch the tape you will see that the scenes represented as live shots of Gori being bombed by Russia are the same exact shots of Tsklinvasli being bombed by Georgia.

Why would they mistake two day old tape as live tape?

This little 12 year old American girl sure wanted to make sure even Fox news knew the truth.

YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

No if you watch the tape you will see that the scenes represented as live shots of Gori being bombed by Russia are the same exact shots of Tsklinvasli being bombed by Georgia.

This little 12 year old American girl sure wanted to make sure even Fox news knew the truth.

http://ru.youtube.com/watch?v=H8XI2Chc6uQ

Write to the station in the U.K. Why are you complaining to us about it?

You say a British television station put out an erronious report about an incident in Russia that did not involve the U.S. What would you like us to do?

Not to add to desh's new pet-conspiracy, but SkyNews is owned by Murdoch.
Oh, got it. Couldn't she have just said that at beggining? It takes like 30 to 40 posts to figure out what her conspiracy theory is because she won't come out and say it.

Oh, got it. Couldn't she have just said that at beggining? It takes like 30 to 40 posts to figure out what her conspiracy theory is because she won't come out and say it.

She probably does not even know it. She most likely would have said it if she knew.

http://ru.youtube.com/watch?v=H8XI2Chc6uQ
There was no "live" tape being presented, nor were any of them supposedly labeled as you suggest. It appeared to me as simply a few scenes taped by "Sina", a news agency in the area. Nobody said the images were live, nor did they label them as you stated. I think they were attempting to punctuate the "humanity" of the moment with images of war. I think you grabbed the wrong video on this one, it doesn't say what you are suggesting.

I watched the first one, it appeared to me that they moved to images of war from previous days because the guy was reporting without video and TV news is a business of images.

They did not have the "live" as they did with the Woman in Tsklinvasli. They were simply showing old images so that there was something to watch other than a picture of the guy reporting by phone.

I think it is probably more likely that they were misinformed about one or the other, the vast majority of the time the AP simply gives them a feed and they repeat it without ever having one of their own journalists anywhere near the place they are "reporting" on.

what ever happened to verifying stories before running them

Anyone have real pictures of Gori in ruins?

I understand that google earth was blocked from that part of the world?

http://www.unobserver.com/index.php?pagina=layout5.php&id=5057&blz=1

History of South Ossetian conflict, since 1990 *

September 20, 1990:
South Ossetia announces its independence and national sovereignty.

December 10, 1990:
South Ossetia’s democratic elections have been held, which the Georgian minority have boycotted. Subsequently, a Georgian invasion followed, along with the brutal shooting of civilians. South Ossetia eventually maintained its territorial integrity because of the civil war that broke out in Georgia.

January 19, 1992:
South Ossetians were questioned:
“1. Do you agree with South Ossetia’s independence?
“2. Do you agree with the announcement, that South Ossetia will become a member of the Russian Federation, as of September 20, 1991?”
This was voted democratically and more than 98 percent said Yes.

July 14, 1992:
Russian peacekeepers came into South Ossetia on a peacekeeping mission, on the grounds of the Dagomysskie Soglasheniya. However, ever since South Ossetia became an autonomic republic, its independence was not recognized by any member of the United Nations.

August 8, 2008:
With moral and material support from the West, Mikheil Saakashvili starts a war with the brutal invasion of Tskhinvali, South Ossetia.

I would say if 98 percent of the population wants freedom and the state response is violence its easy to spot.

Back