Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'm scared of being beat up

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'm scared of the government

Votes: 3 75.0%
  • I'm scared I won't be adequate without one

Votes: 1 25.0%

• Total voters
Has anyone considered the possibility that Adam Lanza was like these arrogant anti-gun liberals, and this was just his smart-ass way of making society conform to gun control? You know... I'll show them sons of bitches, they'll HAVE to ban guns after THIS! As absolutely RABID as these people have become the past week, it wouldn't surprise me.

It has everything to do with accuracy. The bolt action is more accurate because the bullet has to travel less distance before engaging the rifle lands. Furthermore the same powder charge gives higher muzzle velocity since the auto (semi) draws off some of the propellent gas to work the action.(which only aids long range accuracy but does impart more stopping power)

I guess my point was, the main factor regarding accuracy is the skill of the shooter, not the gun itself. As I later admitted, the old bolt action guns were more accurate than the early semis, no doubt. However, is an older bolt action gun without scope or lasers more accurate than a modern semi with those options? I doubt that. And in either case, isn't the person firing the weapon the MAIN factor?

Just because those who make such an association are as stupid as you, don't make them correct.

I guess you forgot about that loss of 49-20; but then, MIssissippi still has scars from the Tom Osborne years of 1973 to 1997. :D

lol, pull your panties up...

A 31 - 70 loss to Wisconsin erases a whole lot of Husker football tradition.

I guess my point was, the main factor regarding accuracy is the skill of the shooter, not the gun itself. As I later admitted, the old bolt action guns were more accurate than the early semis, no doubt. However, is an older bolt action gun without scope or lasers more accurate than a modern semi with those options? I doubt that. And in either case, isn't the person firing the weapon the MAIN factor?

The person firing the weapon is the main factor...all other things being equal though, I'm more accurate with bolt action rifles.

Yeah, sure thing...except that the police do use AR10's.

They also use Glocks, Mossbergs, and a whole slew of other shit. They have body armor, superior numbers, armored vehicles and can call in backup. In general civilians have none of these, so why should they also have inferior tools at their disposal, when they are the most likely to be victimized?

They also use Glocks, Mossbergs, and a whole slew of other shit. They have body armor, superior numbers, armored vehicles and can call in backup. In general civilians have none of these, so why should they also have inferior tools at their disposal, when they are the most likely to be victimized?

Who're they being victimized by? Coyotes?

Are you saying you couldn't pick up another rifle that wasn't an assault rifle that could've done the same thing?

Given me a very quick second shot? No, I doubt I could have. A double rifle would give me a fast second shot, but the accurate ones are very expensive. Plus the double rifles are rather heavy. Coyote hunting involves a lot of walking, so a lighter rifle is a plus.

Hunting, target practice, collection appeal...

Self defense.

Those are all valid reasons to own a gun.

Back