Why Should Anyone Believe in Global Warming?

Fossil fuels are fuels that once we're alive.
What a moron. No fuels are alive and there are no dead fuels that were previously alive.

I'm telling you, someone ought to look into the current deaf studies curricula and blow the lid on the crap they're pushing. You should be demanding your money back.

Fuel ... that once was alive. Too funny!

Obituary: Crudey McOilerson

It is with heavy hearts and oily tissues that we announce the untimely demise of Crudey McOilerson, the man comprised entirely of petroleum and other hydrocarbons. Crudey slipped away from this world, leaving behind a slick legacy that will be remembered for generations to come.

Born deep beneath the fossil record, Crudey was totally pumped when he entered this world, with every spark of life turning him into a man on fire. From the very beginning, he had a burning desire ... well, he had a burning desire. He will always be remembered as the man who could give any party an octane boost, and as the fuel that once was alive, so very alive.

Crudey lived an active life of adventure, bypassing the mere half-pipes and traversing exclusively the full pipelines from Texas, North Dakota, Oklahoma, Alaska, and others. Having teamed up with partners Fischer and Tropsch, Crudey poured his heart out for NASCAR, yet always remaining refined and "straight run." Back in his priming youth, he could always get the engines started, as it were, even in sticky situations..

Crudey was a man of great depth, whose word was as solid as impermeable rock and whose blood was definitely thicker than water, even without any detergents. The cause of death was a fatal intake stroke. He will be sorely missed by plantlife all over the globe who fondly remember his ability to feed even the pickiest of stromata.

In lieu of flowers, the family requests that donations be made to American Association of Petroleum Geologists, where Crudey held a staunch, lifelong advocacy. It's what Crudey would have wanted.

As we say goodbye to Crudey McOilerson, let us remember him as an example of the inflammable spirit that burns within us all. May his memory flicker forever in the eternal flame of our hearts.

Rest in peace, Crudey. May you find eternal solace in the great carbon cycle in the sky ... and lithosphere and hydrosphere.

fb75875110fe8485d7cc878b2f14018d.jpg

He subscribes to the abiotic oil theory.

Got it. That's all well and good until he has to explain porphyrn rings and other chlorophyll-derived biomarkers.

As for coal, well that's an easy one. How anyone could look at coal under a microscope and not see the plant structures is beyond me.

Where do you think coal and almost all the oil we get came from? Just curious.
First, I take it that you believe that any coal was ever alive. You're not thinking this through, i.e. you're walking into a "gotcha!"

Second, how do you not know from whence hydrocarbons come? I thought you were a brilliantly-educated college genius. I'll gladly answer your question after you admit that you are fucking clueless on this topic and that you are asking me to teach you the correct answer.

Foreshadowing: I will be raking you over the coals over your stupid premise that when living things die, they somehow defy the second law of thermodynamics and miraculously rot into a higher form of energy. I will pick you apart over your stupid assumption that when living things die, they somehow develop the ability to dig downward through the earth, kilometers below the fossil record, until they reach impermeable rock, at which time they develop the ability to drill through that rock until they reach the other side and somehow rot into a much higher form of energy.

Start asking me to teach you, or start explaining why you don't know the answer to your own question.

First, I take it that you believe that any coal was ever alive. You're not thinking this through, i.e. you're walking into a "gotcha!"

That and the fact that I spent years looking at coal samples through a microscope, tracking individual plant cell walls and tracheids...looked like a photograph of a modern plant in many cases.

Foreshadowing: I will be raking you over the coals over your stupid premise that when living things die, they somehow defy the second law of thermodynamics and miraculously rot into a higher form of energy. I will pick you apart over your stupid assumption that when living things die, they somehow develop the ability to dig downward through the earth, kilometers below the fossil record, until they reach impermeable rock, at which time they develop the ability to drill through that rock until they reach the other side and somehow rot into a much higher form of energy.

Start asking me to teach you, or start explaining why you don't know the answer to your own question.

OK, so you got nothing.

That's all well and good until he has to explain porphyrn rings and other chlorophyll-derived biomarkers.
Nope. You're the one that has to explain why they must be "biomarkers" when they obviously aren't. Your scientific illiteracy is comedy gold. Well, I'm waiting for an explanation. I'm also waiting for your explanation of why you don't know how hydrocarbons form, aside from your eagerness to absorb Wikipedia disinformation. I should just call you "Cypress."

As for coal, well that's an easy one.
Yeah, it should be too easy according to you. I am still waiting for you to provide an example of living coal. You were stupid enough to start following AProudLefty as he led you astray, so belly up to the bar and give an example of living coal, or of living hydrocarbons.

Obituary: Crudey McOilerson

It is with heavy hearts and oily tissues that we announce the untimely demise of Crudey McOilerson, the man comprised entirely of petroleum and other hydrocarbons. Crudey slipped away from this world, leaving behind a slick legacy that will be remembered for generations to come.

Born deep beneath the fossil record, Crudey was totally pumped when he entered this world, with every spark of life turning him into a man on fire. From the very beginning, he had a burning desire ... well, he had a burning desire. He will always be remembered as the man who could give any party an octane boost, and as the fuel that once was alive, so very alive.

Crudey lived an active life of adventure, bypassing the mere half-pipes and traversing exclusively the full pipelines from Texas, North Dakota, Oklahoma, Alaska, and others. Having teamed up with partners Fischer and Tropsch, Crudey poured his heart out for NASCAR, yet always remaining refined and "straight run." Back in his priming youth, he could always get the engines started, as it were, even in sticky situations..

Crudey was a man of great depth, whose word was as solid as impermeable rock and whose blood was definitely thicker than water, even without any detergents. The cause of death was a fatal intake stroke. He will be sorely missed by plantlife all over the globe who fondly remember his ability to feed even the pickiest of stromata.

In lieu of flowers, the family requests that donations be made to American Association of Petroleum Geologists, where Crudey held a staunch, lifelong advocacy. It's what Crudey would have wanted.

As we say goodbye to Crudey McOilerson, let us remember him as an example of the inflammable spirit that burns within us all. May his memory flicker forever in the eternal flame of our hearts.

Rest in peace, Crudey. May you find eternal solace in the great carbon cycle in the sky ... and lithosphere and hydrosphere.

fb75875110fe8485d7cc878b2f14018d.jpg

OK, so you got nothing.
Great, you don't have to offer an explanation for why you don't know how hydrocarbons form. I'm happy to leave it as you don't know and you don't want to get raked over the coals for being a scientifically illiterate moron.

Fair enough. The offer stands, though. Ask me to teach you and I'll teach you.

Nope. You're the one that has to explain why they must be "biomarkers" when they obviously aren't.

Couple points:

1. Yes, porphyrin rings are parts of chlorophyll, so biological by definition.
2. You are unlikely to create porphyrn rings through simple thermal maturation of abiotic hydrocarbons.

Your scientific illiteracy is comedy gold.

I get your "schtick" and I have to say it's a bit boring. You never really impress with your knowledge but you sure do hammer this schtick like it's somehow clever.

Well, I'm waiting for an explanation. I'm also waiting for your explanation of why you don't know how hydrocarbons form, aside from your eagerness to absorb Wikipedia disinformation. I should just call you "Cypress."

Cypress wouldn't know anything about geochemistry.

Yeah, it should be too easy according to you. I am still waiting for you to provide an example of living coal.

Coal forms after the plants have died. So no living coal. Unless you want to look at some algae which might one day become cannel coal.

The fun thing about coal is you can look at it and SEE THE LITERAL PLANT STRUCTURES from the leaves and woody parts. You can even see the "tracheids" in the plant cells in coal.

1. Yes, porphyrin rings are parts of chlorophyll, so biological by definition.
Nope. Porphyrin rings are created in many ways. One way happens to via the production of chlorophyll. Many others ways are realized in geological, and not biological, processes, e.g. the ones that create hydrocarbons.

2. You are unlikely to create porphyrn rings through simple thermal maturation of abiotic hydrocarbons.
Porphyrin rings are guaranteed to be produced under the geological conditions that produce porphyrin rings. It's how chemistry works.

I get your "schtick" and I have to say it's a bit boring.
I've gotten a good taste of your schtick and it's quite disappointing.

You never really impress with your knowledge but you sure do hammer this schtick like it's somehow clever.
You never get anything right, but you hammer your schtick like you are somehow fooling people.

Cypress wouldn't know anything about geochemistry.
I don't think he knows anything about anything ... except how to copy-paste.

Coal forms after the plants have died. So no living coal.
Exactly my point. There is no fuel that was ever alive, i.e. there has never been a living fuel.

I tend to not discuss coal so much because I focus on hydrocarbons, the world's best renewable energy source. However, you were going to explain why you don't know that hydrocarbons are renewable. I'm all ears (eyes).

The fun thing about coal is you can look at it and SEE THE LITERAL PLANT STRUCTURES from the leaves and woody parts.
Yes, the impressions are fossils. Impressions aren't combustible and cannot be burned as fuel. No fossils are burned as fuel, and no fossils are sold commercially as fuel. Coal, which is carbon, also has impurities to some extent; those don't burn either. Only the carbon, i.e. the coal, burns. Carbon is not a fossil. Carbon is not alive.

Why do you not know that hydrocarbons are renewable? Are you asking me to teach you?

Nope. Porphyrin rings are created in many ways. One way happens to via the production of chlorophyll. Many others ways are realized in geological, and not biological, processes, e.g. the ones that create hydrocarbons.

Then you'll have no problem showing me evidence to that effect. Reaction pathways and actual cases where it has happened. Thanks in advance.

I tend to not discuss coal so much because I focus on hydrocarbons

Why?

Why do you not know that hydrocarbons are renewable?

Probably because I did my graduate degrees focusing on organic geochemistry.

Hydrocarbons are the world's best renewable energy source

Then you'll have no problem showing me evidence to that effect.
Sure, but now you have two questions to answer: 1) why you don't know that hydrocarbons are renewable and 2) why you are unable to find anything on your own regarding geological porphyrin formation and regarding porphyrin catalysts for hydrocarbon fuels. If I point you in the direction of Jean-Michel Savéant and his research on using porphyrin systems to synthesize hydrocarbon fuels, would you similarly not be able to find anything?

Just to expand your horizons, before I mention the chemistry involved, read the following article from the journal Nature:

Nature
Porphyrin Abiogenesis from Pyrrole and Formaldehyde under Simulated Geochemical Conditions
Published: 07 October 1967
G. W. HODGSON & B. L. BAKER
Nature volume 216, pages29–32 (1967)

Abstract
Experiments with gas mixtures intended to simulate primeval atmospheres have yielded a great many types of chemicals of biological interest. It has now been shown that metal porphyrin complexes are commonly produced in these experiments.

Because hydrocarbons are the world's best renewable energy source, so I focus mostly on those.

Probably because I did my graduate degrees focusing on organic geochemistry.
I'm getting the strong impression that someone bamboozled you with a lot of fast talk and sold you a worthless piece of paper.

The election was stolen as I watched. I can't unobserve what I observed.

What did you observe? How many fraudulent ballots were found? How many of the nonsensical stories panned out?

BTW, based on this new revelation combined with your views on climate change, it's clear that you are a far-right nutter butter pretending to be something else.

BTW, based on this new revelation combined with your views on climate change, it's clear that you are a far-right nutter butter pretending to be something else.
You are coming off having tipped your king for something like the 45th time. You have to set up the board before we can play again.

What science do you submit supports Global Warming?

You are coming off having tipped your king for something like the 45th time. You have to set up the board before we can play again.

What science do you submit supports Global Warming?

Nice try. The question was why we should believe in global warming. The explanation of how certain gasses could contribute to climate change has been explained repeatedly. Youtube videos demonstrating how CO2 interacts with energy, which aligns with the belief of how climate change would work, have been posted. Your game is that you believe you can just say "That's not true. That's a lie. That's a parlor trick. That doesn't happen. That doesn't exist." etc and make it true. I could very easily use your approach, and we could go round and round for years. You say "Climate change violates the first rule of thermodynamics".

I say "No it doesn't". You say "Yes it does"

and on and on for as long as we're all alive. That's a game I'm not willing to play because your mind is closed by confirmation bias and politics.... and very likely some serious trolling. This is evidenced by your claims of "seeing" a stolen election.

Back