Why Should Anyone Believe in Global Warming?

You're putting a triangle inside a circle. That means your applying PT to a triangle, not a circle. If you remove the circle, nothing changes because the circle is irrelevant.

Yes. He is putting a triangle inside a circle. That's one way on how to define a circle. Now you say the circle is irrelevant??? Okay. Everything you have argued here is therefore discarded.

EARTH. DOES. NOT. HAVE. ANY. WINDOWS. AROUND. IT.
The Earth has no windows. It is not a car. Climate cannot change.
As I have mentioned elsewhere, you have to show the error in the application. You don't get to just claim it. Get to it.

There's a clear unwillingness to answer a very, very simple question related to the 1st Law of Thermodynamics, so I'll just keep asking it until there is a direct, clear answer.

Pick your example. Inside a car with closed windows. Inside a tent sitting in the sun.

In both scenarios, there is an increase in temperature. The temperature inside the car is higher than the temperature outside the car. The temperature inside a tent is higher than the temperature outside the tent.

Where in either example is there the implication or requirement that extra energy is being created out of nowhere or being created by the sun to cause the increase in temperature/discrepancy between the temperature inside/outside?

Last edited:
There's a clear unwillingness to answer a very, very simple question related to the 1st Law of Thermodynamics, so I'll just keep asking it until there is a direct, clear answer.
Blatant lie. RQAA.
Pick your example. Inside a car with closed windows. Inside a tent sitting in the sun.
RQAA.
In both scenarios, there is an increase in temperature. The temperature inside the car is higher than the temperature outside the car. The temperature inside a tent is higher than the temperature outside the tent.
Earth has no windows. Earth is not a tent.
Where in either example is there the implication or requirement that extra energy is being created out of nowhere or being created by the sun to cause the increase in temperature/discrepancy between the temperature inside/outside?
RQAA.

*****REPOSTING******

Since there was already a failure to answer the question being asked, I'm reposting and highlighting the actual question.

As I have mentioned elsewhere, you have to show the error in the application. You don't get to just claim it. Get to it.[/QUOTE]

*****REPOSTING******

Since there was already a failure to answer the question being asked, I'm reposting and highlighting the actual question.

As I have mentioned elsewhere, you have to show the error in the application. You don't get to just claim it. Get to it.

RQAA.

*****TRYING AGAIN WITH A REWORDED QUESTION******

...to make responding, rather than avoiding, as easy as possible:

YES or NO.... in a scenario where the temperature inside a car, which is sitting in the sun, is higher than the temperature outside the car OR in a situation where the temperature inside a tent, which is sitting in the sun, is higher than the temperature outside the tent, is there any additional energy being magically created to provided by the sun, beyond what it naturally produces?

I've never said it does, but your straw man is acknowledged.
Not a straw man. You keep asking me questions (and you do so again below) that are wholly based upon the false equivalence that my above quote addresses.

Do you, or do you not, agree that the temperature inside a car can increase without a change in the amount of energy coming from the sun or entering the car?
You really think that I didn't notice this little sleight of hand on your part?? Now you've removed from your question your reference to the words "with windows closed". Does this mean that you're now allowing outside air to freely flow through your car?? If so, then you'll no longer be sweating while sitting inside of it due to the increased flow of thermal energy because your car windows are no longer closed.

To repeat the heart of the matter that IBDaMann has already told you at least twice now, along with others telling you multiple times, the average temperature of the combined 'inside the car' and 'outside the car' remains exactly the same. You're still only discussing an altering of the distribution of thermal energy and not discussing any addition of thermal energy.

Trying again.....just trying to get a simple "yes" or "no" response. Why is this so difficult?

No, the earth doesn't have windows, however, as it relates to the 1st Law of Thermodynamics, is there any energy being magically created or is the sun producing more energy than normal for this to happen?

072915-kgo-how-hot-is-your-car-img.jpg

Last edited:
*****TRYING AGAIN WITH A REWORDED QUESTION******

...to make responding, rather than avoiding, as easy as possible:

YES or NO.... in a scenario where the temperature inside a car, which is sitting in the sun, is higher than the temperature outside the car OR in a situation where the temperature inside a tent, which is sitting in the sun, is higher than the temperature outside the tent, is there any additional energy being magically created to provided by the sun, beyond what it naturally produces?

RQAA.

Trying again.....just trying to get a simple "yes" or "no" response. Why is this so difficult?

No, the earth doesn't have windows, however, as it relates to the 1st Law of Thermodynamics, is there any energy being magically created or is the sun producing more energy than normal for this to happen?

RQAA

You're putting a triangle inside a circle. That means your applying PT to a triangle, not a circle.
Start over. Yes, the right triangle enables the Pythagorean theorem. Now if I apply the Pythagorean theorem to calculate the radius of a given circle, I am applying the theorem to a circle, specifically to its radius. es of the triangle.

If you remove the circle, nothing changes because the circle is irrelevant.
Incorrect. If I remove the circle, I remove the radius I am calculating.

Just so we're clear, you still need to show how physics is somehow misapplied when the subject is the earth. You don't get to just claim a misapplication. The burden of support falls on you.

Start over. Yes, the right triangle enables the Pythagorean theorem. Now if I apply the Pythagorean theorem to calculate the radius of a given circle, I am applying the theorem to a circle, specifically to its radius. es of the triangle.

Incorrect. If I remove the circle, I remove the radius I am calculating.

Just so we're clear, you still need to show how physics is somehow misapplied when the subject is the earth. You don't get to just claim a misapplication. The burden of support falls on you.

JFC.... if you remove the circle, the equation/calculation still works BECAUSE THE CALCULATION HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE CIRCLE.

¿Comprendé? :laugh:

Stop. Your question is stupid. You have finally exhausted all of your religious thettled thienth and have found that it doesn't hold up to actual science. So now you are pretending that merely controlling the temperature in one location equates to an increase in earth's average global temperature without additional energy.

... AND ... you don't understand why one doesn't equate to the other because you are scientifically illiterate. You stupidly believe that acknowledging that windows attenuate convection is an acknowledgement of Global Warming and recognition of the TRUTH of Climate Change! Nope, not going to happen. Your stupid question has been answered. I have answered it several times myself. Yes, windows reduce the extent the inside of the car heats the outside of the car and reduce the extent to which the outside of the car cools the inside of the car. Global Warming and Climate Change are still stupid and violate physics.

What is "this" that is happening? Are you talking about the constancy of the average combined temperature of "inside the car" and "outside the car"?

Stop. Your question is stupid. You have finally exhausted all of your religious thettled thienth and have found that it doesn't hold up to actual science. So now you are pretending that merely controlling the temperature in one location equates to an increase in earth's average global temperature without additional energy.

... AND ... you don't understand why one doesn't equate to the other because you are scientifically illiterate. You stupidly believe that acknowledging that windows attenuate convection is an acknowledgement of Global Warming and recognition of the TRUTH of Climate Change! Nope, not going to happen. Your stupid question has been answered. I have answered it several times myself. Yes, windows reduce the extent the inside of the car heats the outside of the car and reduce the extent to which the outside of the car cools the inside of the car. Global Warming and Climate Change are still stupid and violate physics.

What is "this" that is happening? Are you talking about the constancy of the average combined temperature of "inside the car" and "outside the car"?

He's gone into mindless chant mode. He's going to ask the same question AGAIN, even though it's already been answered numerous times.

Back