Why the liberal arts are important

If trump graduated at the top of his class(like he claims), from an Ivy League School, why was he rejected from the dozen law schools he applied too?

anonymoose: Biden is senile.
BP: Trump!

anonymoose: Kamala da ho is a dingbat.
ThatFoulWoman: Trump!

anonymoose: Helicopter Steve has social media addiction disorder.
Doc Douche: Trump!

anonymoose: A liberal arts degree is inferior to technical education and STEM degrees for employment opportunities
Crypiss:

anonymoose: Everything is pre-law.
Walt: Trump !
anonymoose: :palm:

I am seriously wondering why MAGA morons are so angry at people who love art or theater and want to give it a shot

Dissatisfaction and cynicism with their life career choice of lawnmower repair and bar tending?

They been taught by their masters to resent the "elites." Elites can be identified by their interest in things like the arts, by their education and/or regard for education. Elites are open to new experiences like travel in foreign lands and their acceptance of other nationalities, religions, races. Elites don't care what bathroom someone uses or who they sleep with.

You can plainly see how dangerous we are. lol

She has no reason to lie about it, and more importantly she has demonstrated knowledge of the medical sciences.

In fact, one JPPer here who knows my real name looked up my credentials and bleated about them to the board. (He also got banned for posting other personal information.) Mouseboy there has no idea what an education in nursing involves. Suffice it to say that along with all the science courses, we also had to take "liberal arts" subjects like sociology, psych, gerontology, child psych, history, English (two semesters of that), and PE. I'm not sure what category, other than pointless, that PE falls under. Some schools of nursing classify the program as part of the liberal arts college, some classify it as part of the science college.

They been taught by their masters to resent the "elites." Elites can be identified by their interest in things like the arts, by their education and/or regard for education. Elites are open to new experiences like travel in foreign lands and their acceptance of other nationalities, religions, races. Elites don't care what bathroom someone uses or who they sleep with.

You can plainly see how dangerous we are. lol

MAGA morons are clearly outraged that some kid might be studying art, while the MAGA moron is stuck doing 40 hour shifts in the lawnmower repair shop.

But I think what really chaps their hides are the woke sounding gender and ethnic studies majors. Even though only a few thousand degrees are awarded every year in gender studies, MAGA morons have been trained like monkeys by FOX to believe there is an epidemic of vast numbers of students wasting time on these majors.

In fact, one JPPer here who knows my real name looked up my credentials and bleated about them to the board. (He also got banned for posting other personal information.) Mouseboy there has no idea what an education in nursing involves. Suffice it to say that along with all the science courses, we also had to take "liberal arts" subjects like sociology, psych, gerontology, child psych, history, English (two semesters of that), and PE. I'm not sure what category, other than pointless, that PE falls under. Some schools of nursing classify the program as part of the liberal arts college, some classify it as part of the science college.

When the Catholic Church invented universities, everything was liberal arts, including math, logic, astronomy.

I agree each university classifies things in different ways. I have heard of universities giving Bachelor's of Arts degrees for majors that seem like science to me.

MAGA morons are clearly outraged that some kid might be studying art, while the MAGA moron is stuck doing 40 hour shifts in the lawnmower repair shop.

But I think what really chaps their hides are the woke sounding gender and ethnic studies majors. Even though only a few thousand degrees are awarded every year in gender studies, MAGA morons have been trained like monkeys by FOX to believe there is an epidemic of vast numbers of students wasting time on these majors.

Seems to me that if it's not your time and your money paying for it, then you should probably STFU about it. That "useless" degree will still score them a better paying job than the typical MAGAT's h.s. diploma.

VY3wOl7.jpg

Source for the MAGATs: Don’t knock the economic value of majoring in the liberal arts

Sadly Republicans tend to measure a person by his financial success, rather than other metrics like satisfaction with one's life and work, amount of enjoyable leisure time, family/friends/love. IMO if you are happy with your life and work, who gives a shit what degree (or lack of one) got you there? If you're unhappy, will any amount of education and money change that?

Seems to me that if it's not your time and your money paying for it, then you should probably STFU about it. That "useless" degree will still score them a better paying job than the typical MAGAT's h.s. diploma.

VY3wOl7.jpg

Source for the MAGATs: Don’t knock the economic value of majoring in the liberal arts

Sadly Republicans tend to measure a person by his financial success, rather than other metrics like satisfaction with one's life and work, amount of enjoyable leisure time, family/friends/love. IMO if you are happy with your life and work, who gives a shit what degree (or lack of one) got you there? If you're unhappy, will any amount of education and money change that?

Good point, why get angry at kids studying art if it's not your life?

There actually are jobs in the field of art, though I suspect it's better to have a master's degree in Art History.

If someone has aspirations of being a civil rights lawyer or environmental justice advocate, a degree in gender and ethnic studies is probably a good background

When the Catholic Church invented universities, everything was liberal arts, including math, logic, astronomy.

I agree each university classifies things in different ways. I have heard of universities giving Bachelor's of Arts degrees for majors that seem like science to me.

Like just about everything else, the Reichwing is trying to weaponize and demonize certain segments of higher education. You're right about the vagaries of degree classification. Graduates of two-year nursing programs receive either an AA or an AS degree, depending on the school. I've seen four-year teaching degrees similarly classified.

Back