Why the liberal arts are important

Like just about everything else, the Reichwing is trying to weaponize and demonize certain segments of higher education. You're right about the vagaries of degree classification. Graduates of two-year nursing programs receive either an AA or an AS degree, depending on the school. I've seen four-year teaching degrees similarly classified.

Then there are the cases where a student is not just getting an art history degree. There are a lot of people getting double majors, or getting minors in a different field. I know people who did double majors in physics/philosophy, business/art history, and geology/Russian studies.

Then there are the cases where a student is not just getting an art history degree. There are a lot of people getting double majors, or getting minors in a different field. I know people who did double majors in physics/philosophy, business/art history, and geology/Russian studies.

Anyone studying art history knows they have to get a graduate degree, most likely a Ph.D. Idiot right wingers have no idea what happens at universities.

Anyone studying art history knows they have to get a graduate degree, most likely a Ph.D. Idiot right wingers have no idea what happens at universities.

Yes, a Master's degree is an expectation in a lot of fields, not just liberal arts. The multinational corporation I worked for required an MS degree at a minimum for it's technical staff.

Yes, a Master's degree is an expectation in a lot of fields, not just liberal arts. The multinational corporation I worked for required an MS degree at a minimum for it's technical staff.

A masters is what a BA used to be.
Again, people bashing liberal arts have no idea what is happening.

A masters is what a BA used to be.
Again, people bashing liberal arts have no idea what is happening.

People who never went to college, never knew an art history major, never had direct experience with the higher education experience tend to just let FOX train them what to believe about liberal arts and the mythical basket weaving majors

People who never went to college, never knew an art history major, never had direct experience with the higher education experience tend to just let FOX train them what to believe about liberal arts and the mythical basket weaving majors

What degree do you have??????????????????? Never served limp dick democrat.

One of the best programmers I have ever seen majored in medieval french poetry and minored in computer science.

What degree do you have??????????????????? Never served limp dick democrat.

One beer short of a twelve pack already? It's obvious from your posting style, your life sucks and cynicism has seeped into every fiber of your being. Frequent suicidal thoughts, too perhaps?

Yawn. What is your degree in?

Cypress????????????????? What is taking you so long?????????????????? You love to tell everyone about your Grand father and Father serving. They did. Honorably. Not you though limp dick. You love to talk shit about "educated" liberals.What is your degree limpdick???????????????????? Speak the fuck up.

Between your alcohol fueled rage sprees and debilitating depression, do you ever think about a bullet to the brain?

So have none. No surprise there. Never served this country, too stupid to get educated. Good old welfare collecting Democrat. You dumb fuck. PM me your address. No way my family should be paying for your lazy, uneducated ass.

So have none. No surprise there. Never served this country, too stupid to get educated. Good old welfare collecting Democrat. You dumb fuck. PM me your address. No way my family should be paying for your lazy, uneducated ass.

I only talk to my friends about my life, and certainly not to drunken rageaholics.

An unrestrained rage and cynicism like yous can only come from debilitating emotional trauma.

If a bullet to the brain isn't what you are thinking, how about poison or jumping off a bridge?

I only talk to my friends about my life, and certainly not to drunken rageaholics.

An unrestrained rage and cynicism like yous can only come from debilitating emotional trauma.

If a bullet to the brain isn't what you are thinking, how about poison or jumping off a bridge?

So no degree. You worthless welfare collecting democrat. Fucking pathetic white boy. Democrat of course.

As matter of personal taste, I would rather study French literature than accounting.

You keep bringing up accounting. Although I’d be suicidal if I had to do that as a profession but geez. There’s plenty of CPAs that love what they do.
What’s with you and accounting?

Our future students will devolve into shallow careerists who risk becoming outdated in a few years because of rapidly changing tech innovations. Without liberal arts, students will lack the cultural awareness and critical thinking skills to adapt to and understand the fast-changing job markets of the future. They’ll also lack the social, cultural and historical knowledge to be active citizens in a democracy.

There is no creativity without critical thinking and no critical thinking without creativity.

https://dailynous.com/2024/03/13/purely-vocational-approach-is-embarrassingly-out-of-touch/

There is no democracy. The United States was never a democracy.
Liberal arts are not about citizenship, or social, or cultural knowledge. You deny history. You also deny logic and critical thinking.

Yawn. What is your degree in?

Who cares? He's functionally illiterate. He demonstrates this constantly.

* He doesn't read or understand English.
* He denies mathematics, particularly algebra, probability, and statistical mathematics.
* He denies logic.
* He denies philosophy and has no understanding of even what it is.

His religions rule his entire life. He belongs to the Church of the EV, the Church of Covid, the Church of Hate, the Church of Global Warming, the Church of the Ozone Hole, the Church of Green, and the Church of Karl Marx.

Back