Why there will be no new laws on guns

Though granted it would be nice to find some constitutionally valid method to keep wackos like Conservative and STY from getting their hands on a plastic spoon, let alone a fire arm.
I find it amusing that you consider me a wacko for holding the same values and ideals of the founding fathers. what does that make you Mott?

Swimming pools kill more kids than the guns ever thought to kill and on a per capita basis are 100 times more likely to kill your kid than anybody with a gun. This doesn't even count drownings that don't occur in pools. By your logic, this water stuff should be made illegal.

http://scienceblogs.com/deltoid/2001/07/27/levittpoolsvsguns/

if desh actually cared about children's lives, she would try to ban swimming pools. She LITERALLY (no hyperbole) would save MORE LIVES if she got swimming pools banned and filled in.

It's the correct utilitarian thing to do.

But of course, it's not actually about lives, it's about politics, and the tyrannical takers that are trying to usurp america.

Pools simply aren't as sexy as guns.

Business as usual.

I didn't mention drug laws, but since you brought it up, let me ask you some questions...

It's totally illegal to manufacture crystal meth in this country, and most of the active ingredients in crystal meth are regulated to the point we have to show ID to get them at the drugstore. Is crystal meth still available? Is it still a problem?

How about heroin and cocaine? Both are highly illegal in America, no one is allowed to own them.... has it stopped heroin and cocaine use in America?

How about marijuana? Most everywhere, it's illegal to own or grow, has it stopped the usage of marijuana?

is this where dixie realizes the futility of the drug war and relates it to his own passion for guns? that just because you ban stuff, you don't make it gone, and you end up having a government spending billions of dollars needlessly? are we about to have a breakthrough?

nope.

No laws could have prevented the Connecticut tragedy either. It was a failure of mental health.

Do liberals give a shit about dead children or is this tragedy simply impetus for their gun grabbing instincts?

No laws could have prevented the Connecticut tragedy either. It was a failure of mental health.

Do liberals give a shit about dead children or is this tragedy simply impetus for their gun grabbing instincts?

Well you can say "military style assault weapon" and get lots of mileage out of that, but the honest truth is, a .223 caliber rifle is, to an avid high-powered weapon enthusiast, a step above a pellet gun. The "style" of weapon simply had nothing to do with anything here. This was a deranged individual, and there's nothing to say he wouldn't have attempted the very same thing with a butcher knife, we just don't know. Again, this had more to do with a failure to address the mental health issue, not the guns.

Care to explain how he would have broken through secured doors with a butcher's knife??

if desh actually cared about children's lives, she would try to ban swimming pools. She LITERALLY (no hyperbole) would save MORE LIVES if she got swimming pools banned and filled in.

It's the correct utilitarian thing to do.

But of course, it's not actually about lives, it's about politics, and the tyrannical takers that are trying to usurp america.

Pools simply aren't as sexy as guns.

Business as usual.

Well, let's just give the children guns, then they can defend themselves!

The problem is that irritating kids like yourself would get their asses shot the first day of school for being so irritating.

How much destruction is a result of our failure as a society to treat mental illness?

As much as I disagree with you in many issues, you are dead in balls correct on this issue.

The truth of the matter is that Desh, Howey and their ilk do not care about children. They know they have been getting their asses kicked on the gun issue for years. They aren't fooling anyone. They want to ban guns but aren't even honest about it.

They cynically think that splashing the poor children will cause people to cave. We will not cave. I will not give up my guns.

The reason we own them is because of people like Desh and Howey who want to use tragedy to further their ideology.

If we were to extend their logic to other aspects of life, then Muslim should ever e allowed to board a plane after 9-11. We should ban anal sex by homosexuals because more die from AIDS every year than children die from guns.

They do not care about children

Last edited:
Unless a gun is an AUTOMATIC gun, all guns are SEMI AUTOMATIC and that could be extended to wheel guns.

All it shows is that on this issue like every other, Desh is just uninformed. She doesn't know the difference between semi automatic an automatic. But, if she would care to pry herself away from her keyboard, I would e happy to show her :)

Back