Why we should politicize the Newtown shooting, starting right now

I'll summarize the post: "Hurry, do it fast while people are still emoting because if they start to think they may do something smart instead of what we want!"

When I read posts like this from SMK, I get a picture in my head of him running around with his arms in the air flopping around like Kermit the Frog...

Aaaaaaaaahhhhhh!

So your local police are finally START doing what they should have been doing all the while ?....
What kind of idiot local cops do you have that would see someone with a gun and NOT ask for their license, hillbilly ?

And you go ahead confront them moron.....and be tough, don't let 'em push you around......hopefully you'll run into a guy named Zimmerman....fool.

I don't think I'll be taking any advise from an individual that uses a rather flamboyant tv show as his screen handle. I know exactly what I'm all about. You know nothing and are all about much the same.

I'll summarize the post: "Hurry, do it fast while people are still emoting because if they start to think they may do something smart instead of what we want!"

Think so, dammy? Is that how our laws are written and passed? How long have you been an occupant in this country? Do you actually speak English or are you using one of those new translation programs on your computer machine? I don't know how or where all this will end but concerted efforts for the solutions must start NOW!!!!!!!!!!! And the less protraction the better.

It may not matter to you but you have no concern with being charged with assault for walking up to a man an attacking him?

I don't think I'll be charged with anything at all. Possibly the carrier for no license, inciting violence, disturbing the peace, or whatever else. I will be standing my ground and exercising my right to feel safe and not intimidated in an otherwise peaceful and non-threatening environment. Maybe a gamble but probably not. Gunslingers go out looking for trouble and I am him. It ain't no laughing matter.

I have made no absolutes other than saying absolutely I intend to protect my comfort zone and anyone else's that indicates a need to me in the face of a civilian weapon carrier in a non-threatening environment. I promised a surprise, didn't I? All the surprise that the carrier promises with his ridiculous and cowardly act of carrying in the first place. The attitudes in this country on these issues are rapidly changing and they are rapidly changing in the favor of people like me. It's going to get exciting for the next few years, I guarantee you that!!!!!!!

We have had shootings in churches, movie theaters, malls, schools, and in traffic jams. Exactly what do you consider a "nonthreatening environment"?

If the gov't has determined the person to be legally able to carry a firearm, you have zero right to harrass them based solely on your ridiculous, and unfounded idea that anyone carrying a gun is a danger to you.

I don't think I'll be charged with anything at all. Possibly the carrier for no license, inciting violence, disturbing the peace, or whatever else. I will be standing my ground and exercising my right to feel safe and not intimidated in an otherwise peaceful and non-threatening environment. Maybe a gamble but probably not. Gunslingers go out looking for trouble and I am him. It ain't no laughing matter.

Since the person is making no secret about carrying, the chances are pretty good he has a licence (or CCW permit). How exactly is he inciting violence? I saw no mention of him making any move towards you, and you are talking about harassing or attacking him. He is not disturbing the peace. He is simply carrying a firearm. The two are not the same thing.

People who carry firearms are not looking for trouble. In fact, on numerous occasions they stopped the trouble.

We have had shootings in churches, movie theaters, malls, schools, and in traffic jams. Exactly what do you consider a "nonthreatening environment"?

If the gov't has determined the person to be legally able to carry a firearm, you have zero right to harrass them based solely on your ridiculous, and unfounded idea that anyone carrying a gun is a danger to you.

That particular more is changing and changing rapidly. The laws are on my side now and will be more on my side in the future. Bank on it. You mention shootings in movie theaters, churches, malls, etc. You make my points for me. As you seek medical assistance I suggest at least an elementary education to help you sort out these problems you are finding so perplexing.

That particular more is changing and changing rapidly. The laws are on my side now and will be more on my side in the future. Bank on it. You mention shootings in movie theaters, churches, malls, etc. You make my points for me. As you seek medical assistance I suggest at least an elementary education to help you sort out these problems you are finding so perplexing.

If you are going to try and demean my education, it shouldn't be difficult for you (with your vastly superior intellect) to actually discuss the issues instead of launching person attacks.

From everything I have read, more and more states have made getting a CCW permit easier. The states that do not allow them or have "may issue" laws are fewer and fewer.

You have talked about harrassing or attacking someone who likely has a permit. (lets face it, how many people would openly carry if they did not have a necessary permit)

You have claimed that they are disturbing the peace or inciting violence, when you are the one planning to do both.

Yes, I mentioned the shootings. But those shootings are extremely rare and were not committed by people with CCW permits. Those lunatic murderers did not walk down the street with a gun. They snuck them in and murdered people.

So once again, exactly what do you consider a "nonthreatening environment"?

Think so, dammy? Is that how our laws are written and passed? How long have you been an occupant in this country? Do you actually speak English or are you using one of those new translation programs on your computer machine? I don't know how or where all this will end but concerted efforts for the solutions must start NOW!!!!!!!!!!! And the less protraction the better.

It is definitely how many bad laws are written. "Never let a good crisis go to waste!"

This was certainly a galvanizing event. Feinstein said tonight that it was the straw the broke the camel's back, and I think a lot of people feel that way.

Since the person is making no secret about carrying, the chances are pretty good he has a licence (or CCW permit). How exactly is he inciting violence? I saw no mention of him making any move towards you, and you are talking about harassing or attacking him. He is not disturbing the peace. He is simply carrying a firearm. The two are not the same thing.

People who carry firearms are not looking for trouble. In fact, on numerous occasions they stopped the trouble.

Says you. The eyes of the law see it quite differently. I'll simply be preserving my peace, security and sense of well-being. Gunslingers have no such motives.

If you are going to try and demean my education, it shouldn't be difficult for you (with your vastly superior intellect) to actually discuss the issues instead of launching person attacks.

From everything I have read, more and more states have made getting a CCW permit easier. The states that do not allow them or have "may issue" laws are fewer and fewer.

You have talked about harrassing or attacking someone who likely has a permit. (lets face it, how many people would openly carry if they did not have a necessary permit)

You have claimed that they are disturbing the peace or inciting violence, when you are the one planning to do both.

Yes, I mentioned the shootings. But those shootings are extremely rare and were not committed by people with CCW permits. Those lunatic murderers did not walk down the street with a gun. They snuck them in and murdered people.

So once again, exactly what do you consider a "nonthreatening environment"?

Millions are arrested each year for possession of firearms without the proper documentation. And how do I know when I see a carrier that he has good intentions? Put simply, I don't. Therefore I have to expect and prepare for the worst and take whatever actions I feel are necessary to neutralize and eliminate that threat, perceived or not. And as time goes on, the courts rule in favor of us unarmed stand your grounders and the Police departments offer more training in perpetrator neutralization you'll be seeing a lot more people that feel and will act just like me. Bet on it. We're pretty sick of them.

That will be a choice I make and then what? Depends. But that threat and violation of my comfort zone will end and as abruptly as possible.

You're so full of shit, Tator.
You aren't going to confront anyone and if you were ever confronted yourself, you would tuck tail and run.

Here in the wild wild west, called Arizona, we have the right to walk on Main Street (or any other one) and openly carry. The Police do not have a right to stop and ask why.

Millions are arrested each year for possession of firearms without the proper documentation. And how do I know when I see a carrier that he has good intentions? Put simply, I don't. Therefore I have to expect and prepare for the worst and take whatever actions I feel are necessary to neutralize and eliminate that threat, perceived or not. And as time goes on, the courts rule in favor of us unarmed stand your grounders and the Police departments offer more training in perpetrator neutralization you'll be seeing a lot more people that feel and will act just like me. Bet on it. We're pretty sick of them.

After you get either pistol wipped or shot, have someone send us the pictures; seeing as how viewing them will be amusing.

Back