Wildly unpopular bailout?

Tinfoil logic - ignore global warming, but the financial system is sound.

Let's support a neo-Hoover do-nothing approach to the economy. Rugged individuals shall see us through.

I am also against the bailout and I don't think either the conservatives NOR the Liberals would issue a blanket acceptance of me as one OR the other.

Yes but you can't honestly call yourself a moderate. There are very few moderates on this political board, obviously, because the people who are most obsessive over politics are usually the extremists, and usually the ones that mail their representatives. The fact that there are a lot of people mailing their representatives just indicates that the opposition is obsessive, not that the people in general are against it. Which they aren't.

WM I for one am not saying I think the economics of America is sound.

But for a bunch of fools who could not even see this coming until weeks ago to say we have THE fix and we have to do it right now is totally asinine.
And I am not stupid enought to believe them.

Tinfoil logic - ignore global warming, but the financial system is sound.

Let's support a neo-Hoover do-nothing approach to the economy. Rugged individuals shall see us through.

Dude, you're an embarassment. You have to resort to misdirection and strawman arguments to attempt to make yourself look like you have the slightest clue. It's obvious to everyone here that you simply do not understand the plan and you simply support it because some politicians you think are trustworthy support it. You are what's wrong with this country... clueless people supporting their own raping.

Yes but you can't honestly call yourself a moderate. There are very few moderates on this political board, obviously, because the people who are most obsessive over politics are usually the extremists, and usually the ones that mail their representatives. The fact that there are a lot of people mailing their representatives just indicates that the opposition is obsessive, not that the people in general are against it. Which they aren't.
So if I am not a moderate what am I? Ok a left leaning moderate, but there are very few libs that support the second amendment, flat taxes, elimination of the death tax, allowing business owners to decide if they are going to allow smoking or not, just to name a few.

So if I am not a moderate what am I? Ok a left leaning moderate, but there are very few libs that support the second amendment, flat taxes, elimination of the death tax, allowing business owners to decide if they are going to allow smoking or not, just to name a few.

LOL, you hold a lot of views that most people on the left or right side don't usually put together, but they aren't exactly moderate views either.

Dude, you're an embarassment. You have to resort to misdirection and strawman arguments to attempt to make yourself look like you have the slightest clue. It's obvious to everyone here that you simply do not understand the plan and you simply support it because some politicians you think are trustworthy support it. You are what's wrong with this country... clueless people supporting their own raping.

I never pretended to understand everything about the economy and about the plan. But I at least have economists to back me up, while all you have is AssHat and your conspiracy theory friends.

I never pretended to understand everything about the economy and about the plan. But I at least have economists to back me up, while all you have is AssHat and your conspiracy theory friends.

Like I said, you rely on trusting the very people who stand to profit. there's a word for someone like you. Sucker!

with the exception of some discussion on totally eliminating the death tax we agree on those points.

SUBJECT: REQUEST FOR URGENT BUSINESS RELATIONSHIP

DEAR AMERICAN:

I NEED TO ASK YOU TO SUPPORT AN URGENT SECRET BUSINESS RELATIONSHIP WITH A TRANSFER OF FUNDS OF GREAT MAGNITUDE.

I AM MINISTRY OF THE TREASURY OF THE REPUBLIC OF AMERICA. MY COUNTRY HAS HAD CRISIS THAT HAS CAUSED THE NEED FOR LARGE TRANSFER OF FUNDS OF 800 BILLION DOLLARS US. IF YOU WOULD ASSIST ME IN THIS TRANSFER, IT WOULD BE MOST PROFITABLE TO YOU.

I AM WORKING WITH MR. PHIL GRAM, LOBBYIST FOR UBS, WHO WILL BE MY REPLACEMENT AS MINISTRY OF THE TREASURY IN JANUARY. AS A SENATOR, YOU MAY KNOW HIM AS THE LEADER OF THE AMERICAN BANKING DEREGULATION MOVEMENT IN THE 1990S. THIS TRANSACTIN IS 100% SAFE.

THIS IS A MATTER OF GREAT URGENCY. WE NEED A BLANK CHECK. WE NEED THE FUNDS AS QUICKLY AS POSSIBLE. WE CANNOT DIRECTLY TRANSFER THESE FUNDS IN THE NAMES OF OUR CLOSE FRIENDS BECAUSE WE ARE CONSTANTLY UNDER SURVEILLANCE. MY FAMILY LAWYER ADVISED ME THAT I SHOULD LOOK FOR A RELIABLE AND TRUSTWORTHY PERSON WHO WILL ACT AS A NEXT OF KIN SO THE FUNDS CAN BE TRANSFERRED.

PLEASE REPLY WITH ALL OF YOUR BANK ACCOUNT, IRA AND COLLEGE FUND ACCOUNT NUMBERS AND THOSE OF YOUR CHILDREN AND GRANDCHILDREN TO WALLSTREETBAILOUT@TREASURY.GOV
SO THAT WE MAY TRANSFER YOUR COMMISSION FOR THIS TRANSACTION. AFTER I RECEIVE THAT INFORMATION, I WILL RESPOND WITH DETAILED INFORMATION ABOUT SAFEGUARDS THAT WILL BE USED TO PROTECT THE FUNDS.

YOURS FAITHFULLY MINISTER OF TREASURY PAULSON

LOL, you hold a lot of views that most people on the left or right side don't usually put together, but they aren't exactly moderate views either.

You have expressed the opinion that the majority of the electorate (e.g., moderates) are stupid and ill-informed. You're right, that you belong in that group.

I would love a flat income tax. We could actually make govt smaller, do away with much of parasitic companies like HR block, etc...

I think WaterGerber is the best nickname for him.
He doesn't even pay rent yet and he's funny enough to yell about the economy.

I am the best at nicknames, somebody called cypress a turbo-lib (I coined it)

The letter with the economists against the bailout grew to over 200. It's probably still growing.

Back