Will Americans be financing Christian Madrasa Schools?

Should all Americans pay for Christian Schools?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Separation of church and state doesn't allow prayer teachings in public schools. If you are tax-funded you aren't a private school.

Any chance that 'Separation of Church and State' will be replaced with 'America was founded as a Christian Nation'?

Yes, but universities generally don't preach religious doctrine in regular classes. Many private religious schools include religious views in their secular classes.

"Many private religious schools include religious views in their secular classes."
Uh, OK.

"Many private religious schools include religious views in their secular classes."
Uh, OK.

That is ok but the taxpayers should not have to support it. Do you want your tax dollars paying for schools teaching Christianity, Judaism, Islam, Hinduism, Santeria, Jediism, Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster, Satanic Temple, or the Church of Euthanasia.

That is ok but the taxpayers should not have to support it. Do you want your tax dollars paying for schools teaching Christianity, Judaism, Islam, Hinduism, Santeria, Jediism, Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster, Satanic Temple, or the Church of Euthanasia.

No. I accept and support the concept of 'Separation of Church and State'. The Founding Fathers saw what 'Religion' did to Europe, and wanted to AVOID that at all costs. Like the Sunnis and the Shias today, the Catholics and the Protestants slaughtered each other for 'God'. REAL STUPID!

"The Thirty Years’ War was a 17th-century religious conflict fought primarily in central Europe. It remains one of the longest and most brutal wars in human history, with more than 8 million casualties resulting from military battles as well as from the famine and disease caused by the conflict. The war lasted from 1618 to 1648, starting as a battle among the Catholic and Protestant states that formed the Holy Roman Empire."
https://www.history.com/topics/reformation/thirty-years-war

No. I accept and support the concept of 'Separation of Church and State'. The Founding Fathers saw what 'Religion' did to Europe, and wanted to AVOID that at all costs. Like the Sunnis and the Shias today, the Catholics and the Protestants slaughtered each other for 'God'. REAL STUPID!

I agree with the exception of Pell Grants and federal loans as I mentioned because universities do not usually impose religious education. Madison even opposed chaplains paid by government.

I don't blame religion for things men do in the name of religion (wars).

Any chance that 'Separation of Church and State' will be replaced with 'America was founded as a Christian Nation'?

Not really any chance of that since it's a founding principle that has literally no room for interpretation.

I agree with the exception of Pell Grants and federal loans as I mentioned because universities do not usually impose religious education. Madison even opposed chaplains paid by government.

I don't blame religion for things men do in the name of religion (wars).

I'm not in favor of supporting Religious Cults that historically claim 'My God is Real ... your God is Fake'. They're divisional, lack 'reason & logic', embrace mysticism.

The Religious Cults don't want to be Taxed ... but are all in favor of receiving Taxpayer money.

I'm not in favor of supporting Religious Cults that historically claim 'My God is Real ... your God is Fake'. They're divisional, lack 'reason & logic', embrace mysticism.

The Religious Cults don't want to be Taxed ... but are all in favor of receiving Taxpayer money.

How do we support them? Do you mean being tax exempt? I don't really want government determining what is a "legitimate" religion that deserves tax exempt status.

I accept and support the concept of 'Separation of Church and State'. The Founding Fathers saw what 'Religion' did to Europe, and wanted to AVOID that at all costs.]

They wanted to avoid the establishment of a single, official government-approved religion, which is what England had.

There is no "separation of church and state" in the Constitution. The phrase “separation of Church and State” came from a letter that Thomas Jefferson, wrote to the Danbury Baptist Association of Connecticut in 1802.

Now that the Conservative Christians are taking over the Supreme Court, will American Taxpayer dollars pay for Christian Religious Schools?

My Lord, I've never seen anyone fuck up so many issues with so few words.

You sir...are a fucking genius.

How do we support them? Do you mean being tax exempt? I don't really want government determining what is a "legitimate" religion that deserves tax exempt status.

"Another Break From The Past: Government Will Help Churches Pay Pastor Salaries"
https://www.npr.org/sections/corona...rnment-will-help-churches-pay-pastor-salaries

"In a development that could challenge the Constitution's prohibition of any law "respecting an establishment of religion," the federal government will soon provide money directly to U.S. churches to help them pay pastor salaries and utility bills."

They wanted to avoid the establishment of a single, official government-approved religion, which is what England had.

There is no "separation of church and state" in the Constitution. The phrase “separation of Church and State” came from a letter that Thomas Jefferson, wrote to the Danbury Baptist Association of Connecticut in 1802.

... and?

What could go wrong?

"Turkey’s recently reelected president, Recep Tayyip Erdogan, has made expansion of Muslim schools a top priority. Erdogan’s government is reported to have approved a religious education budget of US$1.5 billion this year, an increase of 68 percent.

Whether or not they receive public funding like those in Turkey, religious schools are a common feature of Muslim life. The most common of these schools is known as a madrasa. In general, madrasas focus on teaching the Qur’an, the recorded sayings of the Prophet Muhammad, sacred law and other Islamic subjects."
https://theconversation.com/what-are-madrasa-schools-and-what-skills-do-they-impart-99497

Who gives a fuck about Turkey?

Back