Will Americans be financing Christian Madrasa Schools?

Should all Americans pay for Christian Schools?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Kind? I would call it 'having difficulty understanding the English language'.

You have difficulty having an intelligent thought or posting without lies and strawmen.

tenor.gif

I'm going to take that as a 'Yes'.

What was the question?

Your posts seemed to imply there was no government funding of religious schools currently but that is might happen now. I was just saying it already happens and has been for a long time. It was meant as a descriptive statement and not an opinion.

And what does the citizenry get for that giant expenditure?

I can read and write and do math and know some other stuff. The problem with public schools is that parents want their kids to get good grades and administrators are afraid of them and make sure they get good grades without having to work too hard.

Grade inflation has been a big problem in recent years. Average grades keep increasing while time studying is decreasing. I taught students in college who had never read a book.

I can read and write and do math and know some other stuff. The problem with public schools is that parents want their kids to get good grades and administrators are afraid of them and make sure they get good grades without having to work too hard.

Grade inflation has been a big problem in recent years. Average grades keep increasing while time studying is decreasing. I taught students in college who had never read a book.

So public education at the primary and secondary level in the US is a colossal failure?

So public education at the primary and secondary level in the US is a colossal failure?

No. Most Americans are educated enough to be successful at life. American produces some of the best scientists, engineers, medical advancements, technology....Most of those people started out in public schools.

It was not that different when I was in school although all my peers believe it was much better.

Many of the religious private schools today do not have high standards. They may be a group of 50 kids in a school that goes from 1st-12th grade whose parents wanted them out of the public schools getting a religious education. They are unlike the traditional idea of a private school that is selective in its admission with high academic standards.

Are they?

About as much or more than other countries. Many places have higher standards but are selective in who they accept and often don't have jobs for them when they finish. We have many highly educated people from places like India in the U. S. because there were no jobs for them there.

Quote Originally Posted by Flush View Post
The original Constitution prohibits any religious test for holding public office which illustrates their desire to separate church and state.

I wonder if that means Barret's religion is irrelevant with respect to her affirmation........

Back