Will Americans be financing Christian Madrasa Schools?

Should all Americans pay for Christian Schools?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Are you unable to add 2+2? Connect the dots? Religious Schools produce Religious Nut Jobs.

Are you incapable of having a coherent thought or argument? Your claim is a massive STRAWMAN JackOFF.

Who is proposing we turn all of our public schools into Religious Madrassas. Just name ONE. Moron.
:palm:

tenor.gif

Did anyone notice the one person that voted yes is probably close to one of the farthest things from a Christian on the forum? And yes, that includes the atheists.

Even you don't really believe any of this stuff. You obviously have no respect for the U. S. Constitution.

Can you find this "SEPARATION" clause for me. I just can't find one in the Constitution. Your a self proclaimed expert, so help me out with that one.

You do know conservatives generally have strong opposition to government mandated religion.

Who is advocating this? You do understand that the premise of this thread is a lie filled strawman. NO ONE is advocating what JackOFF is suggesting. Perhaps you could name someone because JackOFF still hasn't.

Did anyone notice the one person that voted yes is probably close to one of the farthest things from a Christian on the forum? And yes, that includes the atheists.

You would have to be a moron to even vote in this dimwitted strawman claim poll.

Who is advocating this? You do understand that the premise of this thread is a lie filled strawman. NO ONE is advocating what JackOFF is suggesting. Perhaps you could name someone because JackOFF still hasn't.

I didn't claim anybody was advocating it (except Joe Hiden). There are many people who approve of government mandated religious practices in the schools (prayer) but it is not a real issue.

I didn't claim anybody was advocating it (except Joe Hiden).

That's the premise of this thread! The thread is a lie filled strawman.

There are many people who approve of government mandated religious practices in the schools (prayer) but it is not a real issue.

I'll call bullshit on this too. Perhaps you have something sane and credible to prove this.

Now, where is this "SEPARATION" clause you people keep talking about? I can't seem to find it in the Constitution. Help me out.
;)

That's the premise of this thread! The thread is a lie filled strawman.

I'll call bullshit on this too. Perhaps you have something sane and credible to prove this.

Now, where is this "SEPARATION" clause you people keep talking about? I can't seem to find it in the Constitution. Help me out.
;)

TD: "That's the premise of this thread! The thread is a lie filled strawman."
Jack: The 'premise' of the Thread (it's a Poll) is: "Should all Americans pay for Christian Schools?".

It's a Question. In light of Jesus Freak Betsy DeVos being Secretary of Education, and Jesus Freak Amy Barrett being installed as a SC Justice, will this turn of events lead to the American Taxpayer being forced into funding 'Christian Madrassa Schools' (Christian Schools)?

I would suspect the Evangelicals (along with the Catholics) would LOVE having their Schools financed by the Federal Government.

Easy. Many conservatives and especially the religious right bemoans "taking prayer out of the schools." Although that is BS, they did prohibit mandated religious activities. You often hear people (including on JPP) claim they would like prayer returned. Of course, students are free to pray anytime they choose in school, but government cannot require a prayer.

Now, where is this "SEPARATION" clause you people keep talking about? I can't seem to find it in the Constitution. Help me out. [/size] ;)

That was all discussed in earlier posts. Nobody claimed the Constitution said "separation." It prohibits an establishment of religion which means government cannot do anything to help or hinder religion--it must remain neutral.

To those who claim it only means there can be no established church are mistaken if they don't want government to have one established church but would allow that same government to impose religious activities on the people. If I am free not to accept an established religion I am also free not to accept mandated religious practices.

Prohibiting a religious test to hold any office is certainly proof they did not want religious beliefs imposed on the people.

Jack: The 'premise' of the Thread (it's a Poll) is: "Should all Americans pay for Christian Schools?".

It's a Question. In light of Jesus Freak Betsy DeVos being Secretary of Education, and Jesus Freak Amy Barrett being installed as a SC Justice, will this turn of events lead to the American Taxpayer being forced into funding 'Christian Madrassa Schools' (Christian Schools)?

I would suspect the Evangelicals (along with the Catholics) would LOVE having their Schools financed by the Federal Government.

While they do not fund the schools many states have allowed state funds to assist religious schools or students. For example, providing transportation to students who decide which schools they want to attend. Or, providing federal grants for construction projects for non-religious purposes. Or allowing religious schools to participate in scholarship programs available to other private schools.

"Chief Justice John G. Roberts Jr., writing for a conservative majority in the 5-to-4 ruling, said the Constitution’s protection of the free exercise of religion requires equal treatment for religious schools and parents who want to send their children to them.

“A state need not subsidize private education,” Roberts wrote. “But once a state decides to do so, it cannot disqualify some private schools solely because they are religious.”

While they do not fund the schools many states have allowed state funds to assist religious schools or students. For example, providing transportation to students who decide which schools they want to attend. Or, providing federal grants for construction projects for non-religious purposes. Or allowing religious schools to participate in scholarship programs available to other private schools.

"Chief Justice John G. Roberts Jr., writing for a conservative majority in the 5-to-4 ruling, said the Constitution’s protection of the free exercise of religion requires equal treatment for religious schools and parents who want to send their children to them.

“A state need not subsidize private education,” Roberts wrote. “But once a state decides to do so, it cannot disqualify some private schools solely because they are religious.”

I'm going to take that as a 'Yes'.

A state need not subsidize public education, either.

JackOFF: "Will Americans be financing Christian Madrasa Schools?"

TD: That's a dumb lie filled strawman dumbass.

JackOFF: Nuh Uh!

TD: Fuck off assclown.

tenor.gif

Back