Will the libertarian party grow in R party death?

John Rogers whenever Ayn Rand is mentioned:

“There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs."

One thousand pages of ideological fabulism; I had to flog myself to read it.
— William F. Buckley Jr., about Atlas Shrugged

When I read it I didn’t know that

It was a book I had heard of that college kids were reading

So I read it

It sucked with industrial level sucking

Shitty characters made of cardboard

Elitist ideas and a boring plot

Trash

Many years later I would realize everyone one else with any morals hated it too

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ayn_Rand

Atlas Shrugged was widely reviewed, and many of the reviews were strongly negative.[6][203] Atlas Shrugged received positive reviews from a few publications,[203] but Rand scholar Mimi Reisel Gladstein later wrote that "reviewers seemed to vie with each other in a contest to devise the cleverest put-downs", with reviews including comments that it was "written out of hate" and showed "remorseless hectoring and prolixity".[6] Whittaker Chambers wrote what was later called the novel's most "notorious" review[204][205] for the conservative magazine National Review. He accused Rand of supporting a godless system (which he related to that of the Soviets), claiming, "From almost any page of Atlas Shrugged, a voice can be heard ... commanding: 'To a gas chamber—go!'".[206][k]

Oh

Yeah good musicians

But their music was crap

The drummer wrote the lyrics and loved Rand

He’s now dead too

Back