Working class white men very angery...

I am not sure about HRC, but I feel Obama did what he could to effectuate some change and mounting progress. HRC is the most likely to get change of the current slate. It has to be done slowly and with deliberate progress. We are better off now than the previous generation. We can all go forward together, eliminating prejudice toward minorities is a good step, we have to all move forward together or it will not be true progress.

Separating us into groups and isolating people is only a step backward.

I am angry, angry at the Corporate attempts and bullying toward keeping Americans in place, slaving and working for their profit. I'm not angry at the homosexual or the black man, I'm not angry at women. I am angry at those who work to keep roadblocks in place for the common man with talent and ability from a fair competition with the oligarchy that is in place.
spoken like a democrat. I think you are way simplifying the Trump message into "it's racism".

For sure he's said a lot of shit about Mexicans/ and some crap about women in the past.
But Hilary hasn't gone after that since he's tied her to as an enabler to BJ Clinton's philandering..

But to the point:

Hillary has supported the TPP in the past calling it the "gold standard" of trade agreements. Now that sanders has become a real threat
she's shape shifted away from that argument.
Trump is backing so called "fair trade" the same as sanders -while their proposed methods differ they both recognize globalization'has eaten away or high paying jobs, and sent them overseas for cheap labor..

So sanders and Trump have a few things in common. both support universal health care.

Hillary offers nothing, no empowerment of the middle class - just "break down the barriers" -old scholl Democratic mantra
like this is somehow the Big Problem facing the middle class.

Hers is a campaign of "no we can't" to sanders political revolution.. Trump is just 3rd party insurgency who has tapped into discontent

I'm not angry at uneducated white men. I support those who I believe are making slow and incremental progress. I don't believe that dramatic rebellious overnight progress will occur. Having healthcare that does not discriminate due to pre-existing conditions for example is a blow to corporations who previously held the only key to attaining care for sick family members.

Hasn't Trump called for Congress to repeal Obamacare and replace it with his own "plan" - which makes no mention of guaranteeing coverage for pre-existing conditions?

https://www.donaldjtrump.com/positions/healthcare-reform

spoken like a democrat. I think you are way simplifying the Trump message into "it's racism".

For sure he's said a lot of shit about Mexicans/ and some crap about women in the past.
But Hilary hasn't gone after that since he's tied her to as an enabler to BJ Clinton's philandering..

But to the point:

Hillary has supported the TPP in the past calling it the "gold standard" of trade agreements. Now that sanders has become a real threat
Trump is backing so called "fair trade" the same as sanders -while their proposed methods differ they both recognize globalization'has eaten away or high paying jobs, and sent them overseas for cheap labor..

So sanders and Trump have a few things in common. both support universal health care.

Hillary offers nothing, no empowerment of the middle class - just "break down the barriers" -old scholl Democratic mantra

Hers is a campaign of "no we can't" to sanders political revolution.. Trump is just 3rd party insurgency who has tapped into discontent

and he has the KKK vote asshole traitor

I am not sure about HRC, but I feel Obama did what he could to effectuate some change and mounting progress. HRC is the most likely to get change of the current slate. It has to be done slowly and with deliberate progress. We are better off now than the previous generation. We can all go forward together, eliminating prejudice toward minorities is a good step, we have to all move forward together or it will not be true progress.

Separating us into groups and isolating people is only a step backward.

Obama set race relations back decades.
Change sure but direction ? I guess it could be seen as something to believe in.

But to the point:

I don't call it racism, and I think the barriers placed in the way of middle class and poor who work their way toward wealth is the problem.

Historically uneducated heterosexual white men enjoyed a certain privilege in our country, no matter their personal circumstances society allowed them to consider themselves better, and in fact they often had better opportunity, than those who were "different". They had better job prospects, better earning potential, and a specific standing that existed not based on merit, but on how society viewed them.

These people are not racist necessarily, they simply enjoyed a life made possible by prejudice, likely mostly without consciously knowing it.

In the past 25 years great strides have been made to change the social order in our nation. Women, minorities and homosexuals have grown in social standing to attain a closer to equal standing with the white man. Many, including myself, call this progress.

The result however has become a class who are not automatically held in such high esteem without regard for merit. Many of these men are have been left with a feeling that America is no longer great, without reflection on the reasons, they "feel" their standing has been lowered, and without study of the reason they are strongly attracted to the slogan "Make America Great Again."

So while not overtly racist, the slogan to these people represents a return to a time when things were better for this group of people, but not better for a conglomeration of minorities, To these minorities the reasoning behind the slogan rings of racism. So the white supporters of Trump are bewildered when accused of Racism and the minorities who do not want to return to an America that was not "great" for them.

This is where we stand facing the 2016 election. Will the once white male majority convince enough women to join them to get Trump elected, or will the confederacy of minorities band together and elect Hillary Clinton.

Wow. In fact, double wow.

So zero mention of the technological revolution and globalization causing the 1) massive loss of manufacturing jobs and 2) their wages stagnating for over 30 years

It's just racism?

And someone is paying you for this?

Back