Wow... if this is true... not good for The One

Cancel 2016.2

The Almighty
http://www.nypost.com/seven/0915200...o_stall_gis_iraq_withdrawal_129150.htm?page=0

"According to Iraqi Foreign Minister Hoshyar Zebari, Obama made his demand for delay a key theme of his discussions with Iraqi leaders in Baghdad in July.

"He asked why we were not prepared to delay an agreement until after the US elections and the formation of a new administration in Washington," Zebari said in an interview.

Obama insisted that Congress should be involved in negotiations on the status of US troops - and that it was in the interests of both sides not to have an agreement negotiated by the Bush administration in its "state of weakness and political confusion."

"However, as an Iraqi, I prefer to have a security agreement that regulates the activities of foreign troops, rather than keeping the matter open." Zebari says.

Though Obama claims the US presence is "illegal," he suddenly remembered that Americans troops were in Iraq within the legal framework of a UN mandate. His advice was that, rather than reach an accord with the "weakened Bush administration," Iraq should seek an extension of the UN mandate.

While in Iraq, Obama also tried to persuade the US commanders, including Gen. David Petraeus, to suggest a "realistic withdrawal date." They declined."

So basically, Obama was trying to get the Iraqis to refuse to work with Bush on ending the US "occupation" so he could do this when he became president? 'Let's keep troops in harms way, because I have to get elected on this issue?' Is that what I am hearing went down? ...OMG!

""He asked why we were not prepared to delay an agreement until after the US elections and the formation of a new administration in Washington,"

Look, I'm not trying to discredit the source here, but if Obama actually broached this with the foreign minister in such a blatant way, directly referring to the elections, it would be a fairly stupid thing to do. Frankly, it's not really his m.o., but if he did it, it's pretty bad.

I wouldn't mind seeing some backup on that one, or some corroboration. It's a pretty scathing charge.

""He asked why we were not prepared to delay an agreement until after the US elections and the formation of a new administration in Washington,"

Look, I'm not trying to discredit the source here, but if Obama actually broached this with the foreign minister in such a blatant way, directly referring to the elections, it would be a fairly stupid thing to do. Frankly, it's not really his m.o., but if he did it, it's pretty bad.

I wouldn't mind seeing some backup on that one, or some corroboration. It's a pretty scathing charge.

I would agree with you on the above. I would also like to see some corroboration. But if true... good night.

According to Iraqi Foreign Minister Hoshyar Zebari

Pretty damn legitimate source, if you ask me. Oncie, shouldn't you be congregating with the rest of the Obama Minions to develop some "reasonable" spin on this? Because, the way I see it, this is a 'game ender' for your guy, if it is true... and, looks like it very well is true.

Pretty damn legitimate source, if you ask me. Oncie, shouldn't you be congregating with the rest of the Obama Minions to develop some "reasonable" spin on this? Because, the way I see it, this is a 'game ender' for your guy, if it is true... and, looks like it very well is true.

Since Zebari didn't write the article, we don't know if he said it.

I think that was what SF & Oncelor are talking about.

No, no - you're the one who is always immediately discrediting any source that isn't Bush, Cheney or Rumsfeld.

But I do think corroboration is needed on something like this. Like I said, it would be really stupid for Obama to put it this way; his campaign will probably just say that it was a botched translation if it really becomes an issue. If, however, he was speaking to a group, or they have something more substantial to go on, I agree it will be trouble.

We'll see how it plays out.

yep.... so much for doing what is in the best interest of the troops. Playing political games with their lives. Yeah, THAT's who we want as CIC.

Like Bush I and the Iran hostages ?
but yes I agree if Obama is palying politics with troops it sucks and stinks big time.

Like Bush I and the Iran hostages ?
but yes I agree if Obama is palying politics with troops it sucks and stinks big time.

That's what I thought of.

Seriously, if it comes out that Obama was actually playing around w/ the timetable & w/ lives, I wouldn't vote for him. You could chalk one more up for McKinney.

oh so he was being a politician and putting the soldiers lives at risk to get himself the glory later.
So fucking what, politicians do that all the time.

I don't see this as a legitimate source. But if corroborated then it is extremely damaging to Obama's campaign.

That's what I thought of.

Seriously, if it comes out that Obama was actually playing around w/ the timetable & w/ lives, I wouldn't vote for him. You could chalk one more up for McKinney.

You keep that up and we'll elect her yet. :)

Back