Wow... if this is true... not good for The One

hes fucked if he did that. lets see how the obama camp responds.

LOL.... What do you think Obama will say??? "Yeah, I did that!" LMFAO!

The SPIN will be, he was only thinking of the troops, and rather than having them locked into some 'agreement' made by Bush, he felt it was better to keep the options open until November, so he could bring them home sooner! It's all about the troops and what would be best for them in the long run... DAMN, I should be a Democrat Spinmeister! He will have some perfectly believable bullshit to feed you, and you will all lap it up, because you want to believe whatever he tells you. Watch and see!

If it were true it would have been printed in the news pages of a newspaper not on the op-ed page of a tabloid.

That is all.

Actually, one more thing. Google: "Amir Taheri"

The SPIN will be, he was only thinking of the troops, and rather than having them locked into some 'agreement' made by Bush, he felt it was better to keep the options open until November, so he could bring them home sooner! It's all about the troops and what would be best for them in the long run... DAMN, I should be a Democrat Spinmeister! He will have some perfectly believable bullshit to feed you, and you will all lap it up, because you want to believe whatever he tells you. Watch and see!

Dixie, I would nominate you as a Spinmeister for anyone. It's what you do best, as I always say. You have spun some of the most untenable positions I have ever seen.

If it were true it would have been printed in the news pages of a newspaper not on the op-ed page of a tabloid.

That is all.

Well, I guess credibility isn't Taheri's strong suit, now is it?

No wonder the story hasn't been picked up by any reputable news media outlets.

This looks like just another baseless rumor to me.

That is all.

Thanks for that.... after reading his background, this story just became a whole lot of nothing.

That's what I thought of.

Seriously, if it comes out that Obama was actually playing around w/ the timetable & w/ lives, I wouldn't vote for him. You could chalk one more up for McKinney.

Oh, come on, you know your vote is going in Obama's bin. As if McCain isn't every bit as much of a showboat. Cinthia is a brave and honest person, but like Ron Paul, she's not really a choice.

Well, for a spin job, I'd say you nailed the perfect explanation. It makes sense and it jabs at the Bush Admin. nicely. LOL

And really, I'd have to say I agree with it and agree that Obama should have recommended waiting. Why let a lame duck president further erode a situation the very same lame duck created? Forget about Bush and count the days until that tard is a page in "History: What not to do"

One valid point. We are all in palin distraction mode. What is bush up to in the meantime.
Sure I know he is not running for president. He just IS the president.

On May 19, 2006, the National Post of Canada published two pieces, one by Taheri, claiming that the Iranian parliament passed a law that "envisages separate dress codes for religious minorities, Christians, Jews and Zoroastrians, who will have to adopt distinct colour schemes to make them identifiable in public."[7] Numerous other sources, including Maurice Motamed, the Jewish member of the Iranian parliament, refuted the report as untrue. The Associated Press later refuted the report as well, saying that "a draft law moving through parliament encourages Iranians to wear Islamic clothing to protect the country's Muslim identity but does not mention special attire for religious minorities, according to a copy obtained Saturday by The Associated Press." [8] Reuters also reported that "A copy of the bill obtained by Reuters contained no such references. Reuters correspondents who followed the dress code session in parliament as it was broadcast on state radio heard no discussion of proscriptions for religious minorities."[9] Taheri insisted that his report is correct and that "the dress code law has been passed by the Islamic Majlis and will now be submitted to the Council of Guardians", claiming that that "special markers for followers of Judaism, Christianity and Zoroastrianism are under discussion as a means to implement the law".[10]

The National Post retracted the story several hours after it was posted online. The newspaper blamed Taheri for the falsehood in the article,[11][12] and published a full apology on May 24.[13] Taheri stood by his article.[10][14]

[ame]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amir_Taheri[/ame]

I saw that it appeared in the Murdoch-owned NY Post, and dismissed it right then. I do not understand what is wrong that people do not know what propaganda is? The Wall Street Journal on Friday had a piece online comparing the earmark records of Palin and Obama, and concluded what everyone else has concluded – Palin asked for and received more. The article was then pulled, revised, and when put back, came to the opposite conclusion. Of course, the piece had already been cached. I mean, this is Pravda shit. I’d laugh, but people buy it.

Look at them coming in here like dogs – some who hardly ever post – panting, their tongues hanging out…you can almost hear their hot breath coming faster and faster.

Oh and let me give you a little tip about where this comes from – it’s the Repuke
standby of projection.

This is Reagan/Iran hostages. But that, actually happened. And they loved it. The panting dogs, loved it.

Wipe your pants off SF!

http://firstread.msnbc.msn.com/archive/2008/06/16/1146329.aspx

He said he told Zebari that negotiations for a Status of Forces agreement or strategic framework agreement between the two countries should be done in the open and with Congress's authorization and that it was important that that there be strong bipartisan support for any agreement so that it can be sustained through a future administration. He argued it would make sense to hold off on such negotiations until the next administration.

"My concern is that the Bush administration--in a weakened state politically--ends up trying to rush an agreement that in some ways might be binding to the next administration, whether it was my administration or Sen. McCain's administration," Obama said. "The foreign minister agreed that the next administration should not be bound by an agreement that's currently made."

Last edited:
Wipe your pants off SF!

http://firstread.msnbc.msn.com/archi...6/1146329.aspx

He said he told Zebari that negotiations for a Status of Forces agreement or strategic framework agreement between the two countries should be done in the open and with Congress's authorization and that it was important that that there be strong bipartisan support for any agreement so that it can be sustained through a future administration. He argued it would make sense to hold off on such negotiations until the next administration.

"My concern is that the Bush administration--in a weakened state politically--ends up trying to rush an agreement that in some ways might be binding to the next administration, whether it was my administration or Sen. McCain's administration," Obama said. "The foreign minister agreed that the next administration should not be bound by an agreement that's currently made."

1) your link does not work

2) So Obama DID ask for a delay??? Then as the article I posted states, that is ridiculous.... as it would postpone the negotiations for at least 8 months if not longer.

3) I can see now Obama wants to highlight Bush's weakness and wants to avoid any type of agreement prior to the election for his own personal gain. Great friggin leader ya got there.

1) your link does not work

2) So Obama DID ask for a delay??? Then as the article I posted states, that is ridiculous.... as it would postpone the negotiations for at least 8 months if not longer.

3) I can see now Obama wants to highlight Bush's weakness and wants to avoid any type of agreement prior to the election for his own personal gain. Great friggin leader ya got there.
There is also a possibility of simply negotiating a new agreement at the time of assumption of office. It is inane to pretend that a President shouldn't be held to an agreement from a previous administration, it would be impossible to conduct business at all....

"Well, in just four short years there will be a new election, that Administration shouldn't be held to an agreement we make..."

Rubbish.

Back