Wow... if this is true... not good for The One

LOL. Holy shit, you found it?

I don’t lie, btw, SF. I am surprised you have forgotten about it, it really set the tone for our entire posting relationship. You acted like a jackass, we got into a big fight, and then you apologized, and I let it go, because of your condition?

lol... I am surprised he found it too.... I totally did not recall that conversation. Egg meet face....

lol

translation:

now that it makes the current 'argument' I'm trying to make inconvenient, I'll back track on that one.

nah... still petty of Obama to play with the troops withdrawal like that....

though it is admittedly hackish of me to have laughed about Reagan doing it and then mocking Obama for doing so.

though it is admittedly hackish of me to have laughed about Reagan doing it and then mocking Obama for doing so.

Wow, it’s surprisingly pleasurable to watch SF humble and debase himself. I like this!

Well, I'll grudgingly give some credit to SF for owning up, even though I was mocked a few times on this & the other thread for trying to defend "the One" on something so terrible.

It's what puts him just a small notch above the Dixies on the rung of true hackery. Dixie would find a way to spin that, even w/ his own words staring him in the face...

I have to point out – Damo would never do this. He’d change the argument into something else while pretending you misunderstood what he was saying all along.

According to Iraqi Foreign Minister Hoshyar Zebari, Obama made his demand for delay a key theme of his discussions with Iraqi leaders in Baghdad in July.

"He asked why we were not prepared to delay an agreement until after the US elections and the formation of a new administration in Washington," Zebari said in an interview.

Obama insisted that Congress should be involved in negotiations on the status of US troops - and that it was in the interests of both sides not to have an agreement negotiated by the Bush administration in its "state of weakness and political confusion."

"However, as an Iraqi, I prefer to have a security agreement that regulates the activities of foreign troops, rather than keeping the matter open." Zebari says.

Though Obama claims the US presence is "illegal," he suddenly remembered that Americans troops were in Iraq within the legal framework of a UN mandate. His advice was that, rather than reach an accord with the "weakened Bush administration," Iraq should seek an extension of the UN mandate.

While in Iraq, Obama also tried to persuade the US commanders, including Gen. David Petraeus, to suggest a "realistic withdrawal date." They declined."

Can you people BELIEVE that Obama would pull shit like this???

:inno:

Well, I'll grudgingly give some credit to SF for owning up, even though I was mocked a few times on this & the other thread for trying to defend "the One" on something so terrible.

It's what puts him just a small notch above the Dixies on the rung of true hackery. Dixie would find a way to spin that, even w/ his own words staring him in the face...

Agreed - but so would Damo.

I still think it is a mistake to play that kind of game and if everybody did it would effectively make any negotiation worthless. And I don't even care that SF laughed about the Hostage situation, I still think it is a bad plan to attempt to undermine current negotiations simply for the election effect. If you don't like it, a new agreement could be made if you win there is no need to request recalcitrance for elective benefit.

thats just because you are a kool aid drinking disciple to the One... thus, it is a standard conclusion to your posts... though there can be exceptions to the rule.

Again! He never said anything about postponing withdrawal of troops. That's a lie that the author is perpetuating. Obama wanted to ensure that we are not obligated to carry out any agreements that Bush makes expediently, without congress and for political gain.

I have to point out – Damo would never do this. He’d change the argument into something else while pretending you misunderstood what he was saying all along.
Nah, when I found myself in self-pWnage I simply laughed at myself. Sometimes things like that happen. It's okay to be human.

I still think it is a mistake to play that kind of game and if everybody did it would effectively make any negotiation worthless. And I don't even care that SF laughed about the Hostage situation, I still think it is a bad plan to attempt to undermine current negotiations simply for the election effect. If you don't like it, a new agreement could be made if you win there is no need to request recalcitrance for elective benefit.

agreed....

Again! He never said anything about postponing withdrawal of troops. That's a lie that the author is perpetuating. Obama wanted to ensure that we are not obligated to carry out any agreements that Bush makes expediently, without congress and for political gain.

you do comprehend what the status of forces agreement entails.... do you not?

I'll give you a hint... it pertains to the STATUS of Forces... part of which is

1) having bases, whether they are long term or short term
2) applicability of laws... taxes, possessions, legal suits etc...
3) entry and exit of forces

1) Yes Damo it would be a bad idea to base any negotiation on political gain.

2) Obama didn't do that.

Another story broken by the NY Post:

0706041post1.jpg

Back