Wright on PBS

I'm having a very difficult time figuring out what is so radical or troubling about what you wrote here.

Can anyone help me out here?

He’s black.

I know that the Obama campaign has been very careful not to mention racism as a factor, because if he does that, then all of the white people will scream “He’s playing the race card” as if it were a form of AA. But I don’t work for the Obama campaign, so I am wondering, is it time to stop pretending that these people aren’t fucking racist now?

I stopped pretending yesterday. Bravo is a racist. Kathi is a racist.

He’s black.

I know that the Obama campaign has been very careful not to mention racism as a factor, because if he does that, then all of the white people will scream “He’s playing the race card” as if it were a form of AA. But I don’t work for the Obama campaign, so I am wondering, is it time to stop pretending that these people aren’t fucking racist now?

I stopped pretending yesterday. Bravo is a racist. Kathi is a racist.

Yesterday, on one of those "Hardball" panels, Andrea Mitchell finally came out and said that racism is definitely a factor in this campaign. I almost gave her a standing o in my living room. It was met with some uncomfortable silence by the rest of the panel, but her words were to the effect of "at what point are we going to start calling this what it is, and say that it's racism, and not just an 'issue with race'".

Yesterday, on one of those "Hardball" panels, Andrea Mitchell finally came out and said that racism is definitely a factor in this campaign. I almost gave her a standing o in my living room. It was met with some uncomfortable silence by the rest of the panel, but her words were to the effect of "at what point are we going to start calling this what it is, and say that it's racism, and not just an 'issue with race'".

Good. I saw David Brooks on last week helpfully explaining that there might be some racial components to it, but that was about differences not racism. It made absolutely no sense. I am glad that one of them finally stated the truth.

Good. I saw David Brooks on last week helpfully explaining that there might be some racial components to it, but that was about differences not racism. It made absolutely no sense. I am glad that one of them finally stated the truth.

I agree. Over 90% of blacks are voting for Obama, she's right to be outraged.

I'm having a very difficult time figuring out what is so radical or troubling about what you wrote here.

Can anyone help me out here?

I agree Onceler....I see nothing troubling about what I wrote there either...

but amazing as it may seem...its enough for
Topspin
Darla
Cypress
and UScitizen
to label me a racist.....

but thats so freekin' typical....when their foolish opinions are shattered by a Conservative and shown to be somewhat ridiculous, whats left to do but call the Con. a racist....its as sure as day follows night.....

Hacks....terrified to say anything against a black or liberal or Democrat
but are so so brave to vilify a white man, a Con., a Republican or a Christian ....

I agree Onceler....I see nothing troubling about what I wrote there either...

but amazing as it may seem...its enough for
Topspin
Darla
Cypress
and UScitizen
to label me a racist.....

but thats so freekin' typical....when their foolish opinions are shattered by a Conservative and shown to be somewhat ridiculous, whats left to do but call the Con. a racist....its as sure as day follows night.....

Hacks....terrified to say anything against a black or liberal or Democrat
but are so so brave to vilify a white man, a Con., a Republican or a Christian ....

You're a zionist, yet you think black nationalism is wrong. The fact that you believe some people deserve an ethnic based homeland they control, and other people don't makes you a racist, you demented filthy hog.

I’m telling you, I stopped going to church years ago because I couldn’t relate to one damned thing the priests talked about. If Wright or someone like him, had a church around here, I would definitely go.

Amen, and true dat. I would totally bitch slap anyone who tried to lecture me about the evils of gay marriage, or why we should wage war on the evil doers in iraq. I think I could stomach Wright's brand of theology.

Wright's brand of theology.

http://www.tucc.org/talking_points.htm

The vision statement of Trinity United Church of Christ is based upon the systematized liberation theology that started in 1969 with the publication of Dr. James Cone’s book, Black Power and Black Theology.

Racism in the raw......

[ame]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_theology[/ame]

James Cone defines the theology (Liberation theology) as thus:

"Black theology refuses to accept a God who is not identified totally with the goals of the black community. If God is not for us and against white people, then he is a murderer, and we had better kill him. The task of black theology is to kill Gods who do not belong to the black community ... Black theology will accept only the love of God which participates in the destruction of the white enemy. What we need is the divine love as expressed in Black Power, which is the power of black people to destroy their oppressors here and now by any means at their disposal. Unless God is participating in this holy activity, we must reject his love.

[Black Theology and Black Power, pp. 139-140]. • "It is important to make a further distinction here among black hatred, black racism, and Black Power. Black hatred is the black man's strong aversion to white society. No black man living in white America can escape it...But the charge of black racism cannot be reconciled with the facts. While it is true that blacks do hate whites, black hatred is not racism.

Malcolm X was not far wrong when he called the white man "the devil."

If there is any contemporary meaning of the Antichrist (or "the principalities and powers"), the white church seems to be a manifestation of it.

[Black Theology and Black Power, p. 73] • "Black theology cannot accept a view of God which does not represent God as being for oppressed blacks and thus against white oppressors. Living in a world of white oppressors, blacks have no time for a neutral God. The brutalities are too great and the pain too severe, and this means we must know where God is and what God is doing in the revolution. There is no use for a God who loves white oppressors the same as oppressed blacks.

Wright's brand of theology.

http://www.tucc.org/talking_points.htm

The vision statement of Trinity United Church of Christ is based upon the systematized liberation theology that started in 1969 with the publication of Dr. James Cone’s book, Black Power and Black Theology.

Racism in the raw......

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_theology

James Cone defines the theology (Liberation theology) as thus:

"Black theology refuses to accept a God who is not identified totally with the goals of the black community. If God is not for us and against white people, then he is a murderer, and we had better kill him. The task of black theology is to kill Gods who do not belong to the black community ... Black theology will accept only the love of God which participates in the destruction of the white enemy. What we need is the divine love as expressed in Black Power, which is the power of black people to destroy their oppressors here and now by any means at their disposal. Unless God is participating in this holy activity, we must reject his love.

[Black Theology and Black Power, pp. 139-140]. • "It is important to make a further distinction here among black hatred, black racism, and Black Power. Black hatred is the black man's strong aversion to white society. No black man living in white America can escape it...But the charge of black racism cannot be reconciled with the facts. While it is true that blacks do hate whites, black hatred is not racism.

Malcolm X was not far wrong when he called the white man "the devil."

If there is any contemporary meaning of the Antichrist (or "the principalities and powers"), the white church seems to be a manifestation of it.

[Black Theology and Black Power, p. 73] • "Black theology cannot accept a view of God which does not represent God as being for oppressed blacks and thus against white oppressors. Living in a world of white oppressors, blacks have no time for a neutral God. The brutalities are too great and the pain too severe, and this means we must know where God is and what God is doing in the revolution. There is no use for a God who loves white oppressors the same as oppressed blacks.

Bravo. Most normal compassionate people agree with wrights statements. The more you post them, the more obama is their guy.

There is no use for a god that condones slavery. Seek the treatment of a deprogrammer and get your head on straight. At least learn to think clearly enought to adequately defend your cause. You're helping obama at this point.

Back