yipeee 100 $ a barrel oil

And STILL you all continue with the class envy class warfare line of thought. The Exxon CEO's and lobbyists are not REAL americans because they to look out for their interest and the interest of their bosses who are the stock holders and will have their ass fired if they don't continue to make money for them. The RICH are NOT your enemy. They are REAL americans and they do not deserve to be vilified because you are upset that they like to make even MORE money than they are making now. Anyone here really wanna make less money this year than last? Really raise your hands those of you that want to be worse off one year from now than you are today.

I NEVER said anyone wasnt a real American.

I will go get you a list of Wealthy people I Love and dont mind them making money mmmkay.

http://www.faireconomy.org/issues/responsible_wealth

Not all wealthy people use their wealth to walk on other Americans.

And STILL you all continue with the class envy class warfare line of thought. The Exxon CEO's and lobbyists are not REAL americans because they to look out for their interest and the interest of their bosses who are the stock holders and will have their ass fired if they don't continue to make money for them. The RICH are NOT your enemy. They are REAL americans and they do not deserve to be vilified because you are upset that they like to make even MORE money than they are making now. Anyone here really wanna make less money this year than last? Really raise your hands those of you that want to be worse off one year from now than you are today.

Bingo. Socrtease hit the nail on the head.

I never called ANYONE real Americans in this thread and I have given you examples of rich people I admire.

Pretty much kills his whole arguement.

I never called ANYONE real Americans in this thread and I have given you examples of rich people I admire.

Pretty much kills his whole arguement.

Who says his argument was directed solely at you, Desh? The world certainly doesn't revolve around you--- in fact, the world revolves around you less than it doesn't revolve around the average person.

This thread is full of class envy, and many of your past threads have been similarly angsty--- he addressed that, and addressed it well.

But I wouldn't expect a rational argument from the woman that has to call Republicans "Rs" because she is such a horrible speller that is the only way to let people know what word she is attempting to use.

what's wrong with the stockholders and management- that's me

What some of the economic morons do not comprehend is that the lobbyists for Exxon do what is in the best interest of Exxon... which is good for the stockholders and the employees. These class warfare types seem to think the only ones that benefit are the CEO and board of directors. They have no clue who actually invests in Exxon. Yes, the CEO is going to make a lot of money when the company makes a lot of money. They are going to use lobbyists to garner support among the corrupt politicians, just like every other industry does.

But certain individuals only bitch about this being done by those oh-so-evil corporations, but find it is ok when trial lawyers or unions or other PACs do the exact same thing. To them, it is ok for those other groups because they represent "real" Americans or "working class" americans. Which as most intelligent people understand is simply bullshit.

Who was he talking to when he said "And STILL you all continue with the class envy class warfare line of thought"?

I NEVER said anyone wasnt a real American.

I will go get you a list of Wealthy people I Love and dont mind them making money mmmkay.

http://www.faireconomy.org/issues/responsible_wealth

Not all wealthy people use their wealth to walk on other Americans.

Right, you said "every day" Americans. Sorry for creating such confusion. Let me rephrase.... we are ALL every day Americans Desh. You were implying that they were not.

Who was he talking to when he said "And STILL you all continue with the class envy class warfare line of thought"?

I see you are only able to argue semantics. You have completely ignored what his post actually said in order to focus on who the post was addressed to.

YOU.... because that is exactly what YOU are doing. Acting as if the CEOs of the world are any less of "everyday Americans" than you or I. To YOU it is an "us vs. them" mentality. Or at least that is the impression you are giving on this thread.

Never said it guys.

Keep hacking away at that straw man and see how it works for you.

How did you like my link to responsible wealth?

Never said it guys.

"Quote:
Originally Posted by Desh
And who are they?

Groups representing every day Americans "

As I stated Desh, you said "every day" Americans rather than "Real" Americans. Big difference to you I am sure, but it most certainly implied that somehow there are Americans that aren't everyday Americans. That implies class warfare. No matter how much you want to spin it right now.

Right, you said "every day" Americans. Sorry for creating such confusion. Let me rephrase.... we are ALL every day Americans Desh. You were implying that they were not.

Why dont you ask all the people you meet today if Paris Hilton ,Ken Lay and that guy who owns microsoft are everday Americans and then get back to me?

Never said it guys.

As for your link, I think it is typical bullshit from you. Again, note how one of their objectives is the disparity of CEO pay to the average worker. Why don't they start with the disparity of Trial lawyers income vs. the average legal assitant? Or perhaps the top actors pay vs. the average camera operator? Oh, thats right, because they can blame the evil corporations.

What some of the economic morons do not comprehend is that the lobbyists for Exxon do what is in the best interest of Exxon... which is good for the stockholders and the employees. These class warfare types seem to think the only ones that benefit are the CEO and board of directors. They have no clue who actually invests in Exxon. Yes, the CEO is going to make a lot of money when the company makes a lot of money. They are going to use lobbyists to garner support among the corrupt politicians, just like every other industry does.

But certain individuals only bitch about this being done by those oh-so-evil corporations, but find it is ok when trial lawyers or unions or other PACs do the exact same thing. To them, it is ok for those other groups because they represent "real" Americans or "working class" americans. Which as most intelligent people understand is simply bullshit.

What some of the economic morons do not comprehend is that the lobbyists for Exxon do what is in the best interest of Exxon... which is good for the stockholders and the employees

Please. This is naive and embarrasing.

The money Exxon's corporate management pours into political PACs, into the CATO institute, and into global warming denialist lobbying firms, is not in the interests of their rank and file employees, generally speaking.

Do you know what CATO and global warming denialists do? They advocate for weakened wage, health, and safety laws. They advocate against wage and overtime laws. They advocate weakening pension laws. They try to deny greenhouse emissions are a threat to humans.

Do you think these lobbyists and PACs exxons corporate management supports, are adovcating for exxon pipefitters, exxon drilling roughnecks, exxon truck drivers? If they were, then the pipefitters wouldn't need their union representative lobbyists. Exxon lobbyists are, generall speaking, advocating for stockholders and management, from the perspective of the bottom line: PROFIT

Most lobbyist are after a greater than fair share of the spoils, its juvinille to imply that oil lobbyist are any worse than sugar or environmentlist who like jackasses limit domestic drilling.

Why dont you ask all the people you meet today if Paris Hilton ,Ken Lay and that guy who owns microsoft are everday Americans and then get back to me?

Ken Lay is dead. So that will pretty much be the answer for him.

Do you seriously not know the name of Bill Gates? And yes, he and Paris are everyday Americans. Are they average? No, they have wealth (well Paris has a lot less in her future than she used to, but still... wealth)

The point desh is that no matter how wealthy they are, you don't have the right to attack them solely because of their wealth and say "Its not fair".... "tax them more than me". That is bullshit CLASS WARFARE.

By the way, Bill Gates has accomplished more than you and I and every other poster on this board and has become one of the largest philanthropists this country has ever known. Please tell me again how you want to attack him.

Back