Young hunter gets 2 deer in 1 shot on 1st hunt

Ignore the simple. Dont feed the trolls.
Took the kiddo fishing first trip, first cast, caught a fish. Of course they dropped the Micky Mouse pole and came screaming to me but a catch is a catch.

Ignore the simple. Dont feed the trolls.
Took the kiddo fishing first trip, first cast, caught a fish. Of course they dropped the Micky Mouse pole and came screaming to me but a catch is a catch.

I havent been fishing in a while, probably a few years. I need to find some time soon to go do that.

I don't really think that hunting for food is barbaric though. I would agree that hunting for pure sport and allowing the meat to go to waste is wrong and irresponsible but if I go out with my dad and we kill a deer or a boar then that meat is going to be eaten and if there is too much for us then it will be donated to those that need food. I know you dont eat meat so I know that you and I wont see eye to eye on this all that much but I do think that theres a difference between indiscriminate killing of animals or cruelty and hunting for food.

So the thrill of the kill is excusable as long as one's meat is put to good use?

So the thrill of the kill is excusable as long as one's meat is put to good use?

There is an adrenaline rush when you are hunting, especially when you are about to pull the trigger theres no way around admitting that, but if your goal is to get meat for food then you have to pull the trigger. Id be lying if I said that when you walk up to the animal there isnt a feeling of regret or sadness but when its all over you know that that animal will provide a lot of food for you.

There is an adrenaline rush when you are hunting, especially when you are about to pull the trigger theres no way around admitting that, but if your goal is to get meat for food then you have to pull the trigger. Id be lying if I said that when you walk up to the animal there isnt a feeling of regret or sadness but when its all over you know that that animal will provide a lot of food for you.

So how would you describe a vegetarian who loves to hunt?

You just can't get that thrill in the cafeteria, can you?

You just can't get that thrill in the cafeteria, can you?

I think you are reading too much into all of this but please keep in mind that if you get a burger in the cafeteria that meat came from a once living beef cow that was killed for you to eat. If you enjoy that burger then based on some of whats being said here the argument could be made that you enjoy its death. Do you enjoy having a hamburger? or a steak? or a roast?

I've always lived in a state where hunting is sacred but it still scares me to think of someone getting an adrenaline rush when ready to shoot. IMO that's why a number of hunters get killed every season, someone gets excited and pulls the trigger and kills Elmer Fudd instead of a deer.

I've always lived in a state where hunting is sacred but it still scares me to think of someone getting an adrenaline rush when ready to shoot. IMO that's why a number of hunters get killed every season, someone gets excited and pulls the trigger and kills Elmer Fudd instead of a deer.

You have to control yourself sure but anytime you are about to pull the trigger and kill an animal that you've been waiting for or actively stalking you're going to have that excitement and fear all mixed up into that moment. It's natural in my opinion, but you do have to control it and still be safe and responsible.

I think you are reading too much into all of this but please keep in mind that if you get a burger in the cafeteria that meat came from a once living beef cow that was killed for you to eat. If you enjoy that burger then based on some of whats being said here the argument could be made that you enjoy its death. Do you enjoy having a hamburger? or a steak? or a roast?

Minus the thrill of inflicting the death wound, watching the victim's terrified, uncomprehending last moments of life, and enjoying it's spasmodic muscle contractions as it bleeds out, of course?

I wonder how many people really eat everything they kill? I mean, really, and they're not just saying that because it's an excuse for killing animals.

They donate it all to the poor, don' cha know.

That's obvious, because conservatives are always so active in finding ways to provide for the hungry in our great nation...:rolleyes:

I wonder how many people really eat everything they kill? I mean, really, and they're not just saying that because it's an excuse for killing animals.

I'm sure theres a good amount of waste sometimes but if you send it off to be processed by a professional then usually they can maximize the meat. If you try to do it yourself and your not very good at it then you can waste alot of meat.

Back