ZOGBY: McCain Takes 5-Point Lead Over Obama

BRUTALITOPS

on indefiniate mod break
Contributor
" Republican John McCain has taken a five-point lead over Democrat Barack Obama in the race for President, the latest Reuters/Zogby telephone survey shows."

"The poll shows Obama losing voters to McCain in groups where Obama had bigger leads a month ago, such as Democrats, women and younger voters. Obama also lost ground among Catholics and Southerners."

From July to August, Obama has lost support in the following groups:

Democrats: -9%
Women: -8%
Catholics: -11%
Ages: <35: -12%
College Grads: -11%
Live in Cities: -11%
Income <50,000: -7%
Southerners: -11%

http://zogby.com/news/ReadNews.dbm?ID=1541

The polls are killing me. Obama SHOULD have a 10 point lead, but America continues to baffle me. I'm not even saying this as though Obama is anything but an alternative, or anything great...but to basically continue on the course we've been on?

It's depressing. America has an endless capacity to depress me at times. If you're conservative, feel free to rejoice in my depression & incredulousness over this...

That's what happens when you sell out your base.

So you're going with the bac explanation? I think it's more complicated than that.

It's one part of several reasons, and I don't think it's even the main reason.

It's the relentless negative advertising campaing being staged against him, and his lack of a response. He should have hit McCain hard and early, and never let up, but once again, Dems nominated a pussy.

The polls are killing me. Obama SHOULD have a 10 point lead, but America continues to baffle me. I'm not even saying this as though Obama is anything but an alternative, or anything great...but to basically continue on the course we've been on?

It's depressing. America has an endless capacity to depress me at times. If you're conservative, feel free to rejoice in my depression & incredulousness over this...

the polls at this time jump all over the place. It's not worth the trouble giving them anything but a glance.

" Republican John McCain has taken a five-point lead over Democrat Barack Obama in the race for President, the latest Reuters/Zogby telephone survey shows."

"The poll shows Obama losing voters to McCain in groups where Obama had bigger leads a month ago, such as Democrats, women and younger voters. Obama also lost ground among Catholics and Southerners."

Zogby polls suck.

Listen Kerry was ahead at this time in 04...don't sweat it too much yet. I'm not thrilled, but I'm still calm.

Listen Kerry was ahead at this time in 04...don't sweat it too much yet. I'm not thrilled, but I'm still calm.

well screw that... we can't have you all calm and shit.... lets see....

Lets transform the thread into a discussion on....abortion... oh yeah, I went there... all obsessed with it and all...

:rolleyes:

well screw that... we can't have you all calm and shit.... lets see....

Lets transform the thread into a discussion on....abortion... oh yeah, I went there... all obsessed with it and all...

:rolleyes:

It doesn't "excite" me when you sermonize on abortion, I just think it's weird.

It doesn't "excite" me when you sermonize on abortion, I just think it's weird.

Don't lie... I can tell how outraged you get... cause we both know how easy it is to proclaim someone outraged by seeing words someone else typed.... and you my friend get OUTRAGED!!!

:cool:

So you're going with the bac explanation? I think it's more complicated than that.

It's one part of several reasons, and I don't think it's even the main reason.

It's the relentless negative advertising campaing being staged against him, and his lack of a response. He should have hit McCain hard and early, and never let up, but once again, Dems nominated a p*ssy.

Not to give a cop out answer, but I definitely think its a combination of both. When Obama held back with Hillary, I understood his motivations. Not holding back against McCain's attacks when you're the presumed nominee is just stupid. His team should be capitalizing on McCain cheating his way through this weekends forum and they are not. Believe me, if Obama were alleged to have been outside the cone fo silence for 10 seconds, that's all you woudl have heard about for the next month. I don't disagree with you.

But I also think that seeing as quickly he's been selling out the very grass roots that propelled him to where is now is definitely a factor. Who wants to campaign for BAU?

Don't lie... I can tell how outraged you get... cause we both know how easy it is to proclaim someone outraged by seeing words someone else typed.... and you my friend get OUTRAGED!!!

:cool:

we give that attempt at humor a 3 out of 10.

you had your week. let it go.

That doesn't bode well for McCain, Zogby's polls are notoriously inaccurate.

Back