10 Best Bands of All Time

/MSG/

Uwaa OmO
Me and my friends have this discussion about once every 3-4 days, do II figured I would try and get some outside opinions. Here's my list with a brief explanation.

NOTE: This list isn't in order.

1. AC/DC. While they have made over a dozen albums that all sound the same, they are undoubtedly one of the greaest rock bands of all time.

2. Aerosmith. They've withstood the test of time. And sounded pretty kick ass doing it.

3. Led Zepplin. Jimmy Paige. Nothing more needs said. Plus when told that Stairway to Heaven was the most popular make out song in the country they said it best "Teenagers are stupid. That songs about worshiping the devil."

4. Metallica. They wern't the first, but they were the biggest of American thrash metal. Yeah Lars Ulrich is a terrible drummer and their new bass player is only average but as a whole they still kick ass.

5. Rush. I always get alot of shit for this but they're too far advanced even in today. One of the most progressive bands ever.

6. Black Sabbath. It's pretty obvious that I'm a metal head but no one can deny the impact Sabbath has had on the world.

7. The Beatles. I hate them, but they should be on the list anyways.

8. Lynard Skynard. Free Bird

9. The Who. One of the longest lasting bands ever and one of the hardest for their time.

10. Iron Maiden. Hard playing, amazing vocals, and overall amazing talent.

Last edited:
I like Aerosmith and Rush (and the Beatles), but none of the others. I'm also not a metal fan. Probably the hardest rock I'm into is The Offspring.

im a poser rush fan. I like their popular songs but havent really invesitaged them any further than that. They are definately a creative force and were one of the most unique and innovative bands of the last 30 years. Very talented muscians.

my favorite artist is samwell. He's amazing :)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbGkxcY7YFU"]YouTube - Samwell - "What What (In the Butt)"[/ame]

CaptBillyTheKid: Me and my friends have this discussion about once every 3-4 days, do II figured I would try and get some outside opinions. Here's my list with a brief explanation.

1. AC/DC. While they have made over a dozen albums that all sound the same, they are undoubtedly one of the greaest rock bands of all time.

Concur. Check out Celine Dione's cover of "You Shook me All night Long" if you want to laugh your @ss off

2. Aerosmith. totally. over. rated. I'm putting REM here.

3. Led Zepplin. Jimmy Paige. Nothing more needs said.
You spelled his name wrong, but you can't go wrong with the might Zep

4. Metallica. They wern't the first, but they were the biggest of American thrash metal. Yeah Lars Ulrich is a terrible drummer and their new bass player is only average but as a whole they still kick ass.
I got fed up with speed metal in about 1992. Its totally annoying. Although that one Megadeth tune (something, something...destruction) rules.

5. Rush. I always get alot of shit for this but they're too far advanced even in today. One of the most progressive bands ever.
Pre-1983 Rush is untouchable

6. Black Sabbath. It's pretty obvious that I'm a metal head but no one can deny the impact Sabbath has had on the world.
Yup.

Can' stand 'em. I'm putting THE CURE here, because the were the best band of the 80s, and "Disintegration" is the best album of all time.

They suck. Every redneck, wanna-be-neoconfederate in high school worshipped them. That alone, consigns them to redneck paradise.
I'm putting JANIS JOPLIN here, the greatest rock vocalist of all time.

9. The Who. One of the longest lasting bands ever and one of the hardest for their time.
Man, "Who's Next" is one of the top five albums of all time, but everything else they did annoys me. "Bargain", "Baba O'Reilly", "Blue Eyes"....man, is there a single bad tune on that Who's Next album? I think not!

10. Iron Maiden. Hard playing, amazing vocals, and overall amazing talent.[/QUOTE]
Maiden was cool, but I'm putting INDIGO GIRLS here, as my sentimental favorite

Last edited:
Pink Floyd. Bar none.
Glaringly missing from CaptBilly's list... Definitely my favorite of all time, zillions of albums if you count all the black market stuff.

And if you are going to add fluff because it stands the test of time you can't miss adding The Eagles to the list.

I like most of the bands on his list though.

Zeppelin for sure. Metallica pre-Black Album was one of the best there was, after the Black album they've generally stank. Their newest album is slightly better than the suck they've been splashing...

Glaringly missing from CaptBilly's list... Definitely my favorite of all time, zillions of albums if you count all the black market stuff.

And if you are going to add fluff because it stands the test of time you can't miss adding The Eagles to the list.

I like most of the bands on his list though.

Zeppelin for sure. Metallica pre-Black Album was one of the best there was, after the Black album they've generally stank. Their newest album is slightly better than the suck they've been splashing...

This is one of my favorites by the Eagles.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vsLylyEoLDo"]YouTube - The Eagles - Desperado (live)[/ame]

This is one of my favorites by the Eagles.

YouTube - The Eagles - Desperado (live)

Ugh. I used to love the Eagles, but for 5 years I was a hot tub salesman at carnivals. And this was the video my employer played 15 times a day on the TV spa to lure customers into the booth.

I learned that these clowns take themselves waaaaay too seriously.

And their music is awful the 9001st time you ear it in a month.

Jesus, Glenn Fry thinks he's the deepest guy since Socrates, Don Henley pretends to be a tortured soul as he's on stage, and I don't blame him, he has to sit there by Glenn Fry. And all the while, the dopey 40-something crowd obliges them all the way.

Fuck the Eagles.

€ r ı π ∂;511719 said:
im a poser rush fan. I like their popular songs but havent really invesitaged them any further than that. They are definately a creative force and were one of the most unique and innovative bands of the last 30 years. Very talented muscians.
One of the best high energy concerts I've ever seen to. Just goes to show you how lame the Rock n Roll Hall of Fame is when they admit Madonna, who didn't even play Rock n Roll but the keep out the bet Prog Rock band of all times. Not only that one of the top selling bands of all times. Go figure?

Ugh. I used to love the Eagles, but for 5 years I was a hot tub salesman at carnivals. And this was the video my employer played 15 times a day on the TV spa to lure customers into the booth.

Jesus, Glenn Fry thinks he's the deepest guy since Socrates, Don Henley pretends to be a tortured soul as he's on stage, and I don't blame him, he has to sit there by Glenn Fry. And all the while, the dopey 40-something crowd obliges them all the way.

Fuck the Eagles.

Man, you are in a crappy mood. Are you always like this?

CaptBillyTheKid: Me and my friends have this discussion about once every 3-4 days, do II figured I would try and get some outside opinions. Here's my list with a brief explanation.

Concur. Check out Celine Dione's cover of "You Shook me All night Long" if you want to laugh your @ss off

2. Aerosmith. totally. over. rated. I'm putting REM here.

3. Led Zepplin. Jimmy Paige. Nothing more needs said.
You spelled his name wrong, but you can't go wrong with the might Zep

I got fed up with speed metal in about 1992. Its totally annoying. Although that one Megadeth tune (something, something...destruction) rules.

Pre-1983 Rush is untouchable

Yup.

Can' stand 'em. I'm putting THE CURE here, because the were the best band of the 80s, and "Disintegration" is the best album of all time.

They suck. Every redneck, wanna-be-neoconfederate in high school worshipped them. That alone, consigns them to redneck paradise.
I'm putting JANIS JOPLIN here, the greatest rock vocalist of all time.

Man, "Who's Next" is one of the top five albums of all time, but everything else they did annoys me. "Bargain", "Baba O'Reilly", "Blue Eyes"....man, is there a single bad tune on that Who's Next album? I think not!

10. Iron Maiden. Hard playing, amazing vocals, and overall amazing talent.
Maiden was cool, but I'm putting INDIGO GIRLS here, as my sentimental favorite[/QUOTE]
Anyone who doesn't have the Beatles at the top of their list is, well, completely clueless about rock music.

Fuck the Eagles.
Well who wouldn't be? It's like George Clinton said about Disco. Would you want to make love all the time using the same stroke?

Back