10 Best Bands of All Time

Top Rock Bands;

#1. The Beatles (anyone else at number 1? get fuckin real.)
#2. The Stones
#3. The Who
#4. Pink Floyd
#5. Led Zepplin
#5. The Eagles
#6. Rush
#7. The Kinks
#8. The Greatful Dead
#9. Bruce Springsteen and the E-Street Band
#10. AC/DC

And yours sounds like Buffalo farts of a hot summer night. What's your fucking point?

LOL, I actually take that as a compliment.

Well who wouldn't be? It's like George Clinton said about Disco. Would you want to make love all the time using the same stroke?

Nah. Different strokes, different pokes.

Aw, leave him alone. He's upset cause they hanged his brother yesterday.

I don't know what this means.

Top Rock Bands;

#2. The Stones
#3. The Who
#4. Pink Floyd
#5. Led Zepplin
#5. The Eagles
#6. Rush
#7. The Kinks
#8. The Greatful Dead
#10. AC/DC

At least you were able to qualify it by suggesting "Rock" bands. But bands like the author suggested have existed in many genres for many aeons before 1970's southern rock.

I will not say what I was going to say, because I'm trying to be nice. However, you liberals do make it very difficult for me to be my normal, sweet, charming self.
I'm not a liberal. Not that there's anything wrong with being a liberal. I just don't consider myself one.

Besides, that was a joke, feel free to retort.

Last edited:
LOL, I actually take that as a compliment.
You're welcome. :)

Nah. Different strokes, different pokes.
To true

I don't know what this means.
it's an old Benny Hill joke.

At least you were able to qualify it by suggesting "Rock" bands. But bands like the author suggested have existed in many genres for many aeons before 1970's southern rock.
If I was to list any southern rock band it would be the Alman brothers.

Anyone who doesn't have the Beatles at the top of their list is, well, completely clueless about rock music.

No offense, I just don't like 'em!

Honestly, I know the beatles were totally influential. But, I also think they are a sentimental favorite, and only people over the age of 50 listen to them on a regular basis. :eek: Judging from the classic rock station I listen to here, people just don't want to hear beatles songs that often. Maybe it's just the classic rock station I listen to, but I'm lucky to hear like one beatles song a week on it. Whereas, I pretty much hear a Floyd tune, or tunes by the Who, AC/DC or the stones several times a day. For real, I think I hear like 30 Pink Floyd tunes for every beatles tune.

Top Rock Bands;

#2. The Stones
#3. The Who
#4. Pink Floyd
#5. Led Zepplin
#5. The Eagles
#6. Rush
#7. The Kinks
#8. The Greatful Dead
#10. AC/DC

Man, you've got like two american bands in there. How come we invented rock and roll, and we still get our ass kicked?

good call on the Dead. I'd take the beatles out, and put the dead at number one, though.

Last edited:
"Best" can be very subjective; you almost need a qualifier like "most influential" or something.

The Beatles top the list. There are very few bands who have not been influenced by them, either consciously or subconsciously. Also, the body of work to longevity ratio tops any other band.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned Fleetwood Mac, the Stones or Red Hot Chili Peppers, but to each his/her own. If Guns & Roses could have mustered one more great album, they'd be up there.

1. AC/DC. While they have made over a dozen albums that all sound the same, they are undoubtedly one of the greaest rock bands of all time.

Concur. Check out Celine Dione's cover of "You Shook me All night Long" if you want to laugh your @ss off

The shania twain versin is even more rancid

I don't really feel like putting the effort into making a best list right now. Ever since I branched out and stopped listening to just one or two genres I can't ever make a definitive best list. But if I were to make one, the Beatles, Bob Dylan, and The Magnetic Fields would be somewhere at the top of it.

Maybe I give the Magnetic Fields a little bit too much credit to throw them up there. Alright a lot too much. I don't think anyone likes them as much as I do.

Man, you've got like two american bands in there. How come we invented rock and roll, and we still get our ass kicked?

good call on the Dead. I'd take the beatles out, and put the dead at number one, though.
You said "Rock Bands" not "Rock Artist". If you had I'd have Elvis and Jerry Lee Louis and Neil Young. I Guess I could have put CSN&Y and/or the Band, The Alman Brothers. Once you get past the top 5 it gets tough.

"Best" can be very subjective; you almost need a qualifier like "most influential" or something.

The Beatles top the list. There are very few bands who have not been influenced by them, either consciously or subconsciously. Also, the body of work to longevity ratio tops any other band.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned Fleetwood Mac, the Stones or Red Hot Chili Peppers, but to each his/her own. If Guns & Roses could have mustered one more great album, they'd be up there.

I cant help about the shape Im in
I cant sing, I aint pretty and my legs are thin
But dont ask me what I think of you
I might not give the answer that you want me to

Oh well

I don't really feel like putting the effort into making a best list right now. Ever since I branched out and stopped listening to just one or two genres I can't ever make a definitive best list. But if I were to make one, the Beatles, Bob Dylan, and The Magnetic Fields would be somewhere at the top of it.

Maybe I give the Magnetic Fields a little bit too much credit to throw them up there. Alright a lot too much. I don't think anyone likes them as much as I do.
Considering that most of us have never even heard of them, you might have a point.

Beatles have longevity in part because the people that grew up with them are now in position to control the music we hear at radio stations, as promoters, etc. That and nostalgia. This isn't to say they aren't a top ten band, but I'm a cynic. There are also plenty of other bands that influenced today's artists and rock music, not to mention plenty of artists that influenced the beatles.

The next thing we need to do in creating a list like this is to name the qualifying factor:

Records sold? - Beatles probably have this one. Either them or michael jackson, i always forget.

Complexity of music and raw talent? - There are plenty of other guitarists and musicians both famous and not that are "better" than the Beatles in this regard.

Number of self pro-claimed fans?

Amount of influence on music in general?

All are appropriate questions to ask.

Last edited:
€ r ı π ∂;514188 said:
Beatles have longevity in part because the people that grew up with them are now in position to control the music we hear at radio stations, as promoters, etc. That and nostalgia. This isn't to say they aren't a top ten band, but I'm a cynic. There are also plenty of other bands that influenced today's artists and rock music, not to mention plenty of artists that influenced the beatles.

The next thing we need to do in creating a list like this is to name the qualifying factor:

Records sold? - Beatles probably have this one. Either them or michael jackson, i always forget.

Complexity of music and raw talent? - There are plenty of other guitarists and musicians both famous and not that are "better" than the Beatles in this regard.

Number of self pro-claimed fans?

Amount of influence on music in general?

All are appropriate questions to ask.
Complexity of music? Dude, it's Rock n Roll. It's not supposed to be complex. That's some artsy fartsy music snob bull shit. Rock n Roll is about two things and two things only. High energy and chicks. If you don't get that, then you don't get Rock n Roll.

So there's only two criteria.

How many people does it make wanna get their grove on.

How many chicks want to dance nekkid when they hear the music.

Some psuedo hip Greenwich Village snob shit like the Velvet Underground just don't cut it.

Which reminds me. I should of had Kiss on my list.

Complexity of music? Dude, it's Rock n Roll. It's not supposed to be complex. That's some artsy fartsy music snob bull shit. Rock n Roll is about two things and two things only. High energy and chicks. If you don't get that, then you don't get Rock n Roll.

So there's only two criteria.

How many people does it make wanna get their grove on.

How many chicks want to dance nekkid when they hear the music.

Some psuedo hip Greenwich Village snob shit like the Velvet Underground just don't cut it.

Which reminds me. I should of had Kiss on my list.

HOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! GrindOWNED!!!

Smack! Muthafukkah!

Back