10 Best Bands of All Time

┐(´-`)┌;515822 said:
btw I shall submit to you right now one band I think should be top ten: radiohead.

Thank you.

As my life becomes even more depressing, I find myself relating more and more to Creep, which I have even been humming a lot. Radiohead = Awesome grunge band, and not even from Seattle!! :eek:

Indie girls:

deathcabconcert.jpg

Alice Cooper girls:

Wensday_Alice_Cooper_12.16.jpg

As my life becomes even more depressing, I find myself relating more and more to Creep, which I have even been humming a lot. Radiohead = Awesome grunge band, and not even from Seattle!! :eek:

also they are not grunge. ok computer, kid a, amesiac, hail to the theif, in rainbows all not grunge. bends was britpop. pablo honey was just sucks.

Me and my friends have this discussion about once every 3-4 days, do II figured I would try and get some outside opinions. Here's my list with a brief explanation.

NOTE: This list isn't in order.

1. AC/DC. While they have made over a dozen albums that all sound the same, they are undoubtedly one of the greaest rock bands of all time.

2. Aerosmith. They've withstood the test of time. And sounded pretty kick ass doing it.

3. Led Zepplin. Jimmy Paige. Nothing more needs said. Plus when told that Stairway to Heaven was the most popular make out song in the country they said it best "Teenagers are stupid. That songs about worshiping the devil."

4. Metallica. They wern't the first, but they were the biggest of American thrash metal. Yeah Lars Ulrich is a terrible drummer and their new bass player is only average but as a whole they still kick ass.

5. Rush. I always get alot of shit for this but they're too far advanced even in today. One of the most progressive bands ever.

6. Black Sabbath. It's pretty obvious that I'm a metal head but no one can deny the impact Sabbath has had on the world.

7. The Beatles. I hate them, but they should be on the list anyways.

8. Lynard Skynard. Free Bird

9. The Who. One of the longest lasting bands ever and one of the hardest for their time.

10. Iron Maiden. Hard playing, amazing vocals, and overall amazing talent.

I have a hard time arguing against any of your ten... though U2 should be on the list. If I had to knock someone out then it would likely be Aerosmith.

Zepplin, Rush and the Who should be on everyone's top ten.

Sabbath, AC/DC, Metallica right behind them

Not a huge Beatles fan, so if I were going by my favorites, I would knock them out for Zombie.

"Best" can be very subjective; you almost need a qualifier like "most influential" or something.

The Beatles top the list. There are very few bands who have not been influenced by them, either consciously or subconsciously. Also, the body of work to longevity ratio tops any other band.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned Fleetwood Mac, the Stones or Red Hot Chili Peppers, but to each his/her own. If Guns & Roses could have mustered one more great album, they'd be up there.

Axle is still working on it... just give him a few more decades and he will be done

Axle is still working on it... just give him a few more decades and he will be done

A couple of years ago, some friends of mine opened for L. A. GUNS in Scottsdale.

I found Tracii's show to have a lot of glitz and glitter; but the rest wasn't that impressive.
Sorry

Back