10 Greatest Bands Ever

/MSG/

Uwaa OmO
Ok this is pretty much what it sounds like. These are the 10 greatest bands ever, in my mind. Feel free to contribute your own list.

1. Megadeth. One of the greatest metal bands of all time, led by the insane yet genius Dave Mustaine. Easily comes in the list for not only being hardcore but having a lyrical style radically differant from other bands and for songs I can relate to.

2. Metallica. I know, I know. They sold out. I admit it. They suck now. But that doesn't stop the thrashing they did before. Justice, Puppets, Lighting, Kill 'em All.... These albums are true classics and define thrash metal.

3. Flogging Molly. What? You think I restrict myself to just metal? Flogging Mollu is one of those bands that kicks insurmountable amounts of ass, yet never gets the recognition they deserve. I love the way they include traditional Irish instruments and lyrical styles with modern themes. Plus they sing about pirates and drinking.

4. Bob Seger. The man is rock legand. It's that simple.

5. Pantera. These guys brought metal back to from the underground and revitalized it with a fresh sound and fresh image. Dimebage Daryl (RIP) is also one of the greatest guitar players ever.

6. Jimmy Buffett. Few people I know can sing for nearly half a century and be good at it the entire time. Not to mention his concerts are the best that I have ever been to. And again, the pirate and drinking theme remains.

7. Disturbed. Unfortunatly because of the timing of their debut, they're charecterized as "Nu metal" which they aren't. These guys are just as rebellious and hardcore as the headbangers of old. Their latest CD is a personal favorite of mine as it deals with rebellion.

8. Black Sabbath. Did you think I could forget the band that started it all? Fuck no! Black Sabbath will go down as one of the most influential bands in the history of music for their contributions to rock and metal.

9. Lamb of God. Another hardcore heavy metal band of modern times, Lamb of God is a masteful blend of heavy instrumentals, awesome vocals, and great on stage charisma. I expect great things in the future from them.

10. Psychostik. These guys are definatly something new. Hardcore metal with stupid themes (ABCDEath, Hokey Fuckin Pokey, Beer). I honestly can't listen to them when I drink anything because it ends up comming out my nose everytime.

There are other bands that are bad ass and/or tits, but I think this pretty well sums up everything that is cool in music today.

1. New Kids on the Block
2. Backstreet Boys
3. Menudo
4. NSync
5. New Edition
6. Hanson
7. Spice Girls
8. New Kids on the Block: Reunited
9. WHAM
10. Pussy Cat Dolls

Where is Led Zepplin, you can't have a list of best bands without Zepplin!

In no particular order.

Led Zepplin
Pink Floyd
Rolling Stones
George Clinton and P-Funk
Rage Against the Machine
NWA
Public Enemy
Body Count
The Who
Red Hot Chile Peppers

Twisted Sister