12-year-old Rhode Island boy suspended for bringing 2-inch gun keychain

Bull, even a kindergartner can tell the difference between a keychain and a weapon, Desh. When dealing with Administration you must force them to think or they'll start pushing zero-tolerance policy so they no longer have to. Time to stop allowing them to pass responsibility this way... "But the rule says so!" Yeah, those were my "orders"....

This is Expert Level Moron.

Zero Tolerance was initially pushed by Conservatives out to get them dirty hippies and their drugs out of our schools...now that the same ZERO TOLERANCE policy has started to round up some gun nuts they have problems with the policy.

when you are dealing with kids clairity is important.

how easy is it to understand "If it looks like a weapon don't bring it to school"?

what you want is confusing to kids.

Sometimes in life you make a mistake and have to pay the societal price for that mistake.

man up

CONFUSING? how about teaching kids abstinence and then handing out birth control to them! You are to be pitied

guns don't belong at schools.

schools are for learning NOT intimidating others with the threat of violence.

with an easy to understand policy the rules are easier to follow.

No one is saying they cant OWN them are they.

They are saying the School is NOT the place to bring them

Are you so stupid that you can't see that it wasn't a real gun?

It's not true. Good luck with that. And I've seen this discussed before....flat guns do not fire.

It could be a life-size pic of a gun drawn on paper too. Or finger guns. Kids still get suspended. Are people 'fooled' by those too?

I have read four of your posts, I may be in love!

it makes it VERY clear to children what they cant bring to school.

Why does that trouble you so?
This article shows how stupid Zero Tolerance policies are and shows how utterly stupid people who support this stupidity are. You must breathe with the help of a ventilator. No one this stupid can walk and breathe at the same time.

To teach him a lesson about following the rules.

That is what the suspension is for... unless the trip was during the same days he was suspended, it seems weird to include a trip as well. Especially for something this trivial. Feel free to disagree... you have my permission.

Here is the worlds smallest gun along side the regular size one.

The SwissMiniGun is similar to, although about 23 percent of the size of, the .357 Magnum Colt Python. Most of the dimensions scale properly with size:

Revolver ..................Colt Python ...............SwissMiniGun
Caliber .....................357 Magnum .............09 rimfire
Length .....................9.25 in (23.5 cm) .......2.16 in (5.5 cm)
Weight .....................2.65 lb (1.2 kg) ..........0.0044 lb (0.0198 kg)
Barrel .......................3 in (7.6 cm) ..............0.7 in (1.8 cm)
Cartridge length .......1.58 in (4.0 cm) .........0.36 in (0.91 cm)
Bullet weight ............130 gr (8.4 g) .............2 gr (0.13 g)
Muzzle velocity ........1400 fps (427 mps) ....400 fps (122 mps)
Energy .....................580 ft-lbs (785 J) ........0.72 ft-lbs (0.97 J)

What Moronia fails to include is that only 300 have been sold and they are over $6,000 each.

That is what the suspension is for... unless the trip was during the same days he was suspended, it seems weird to include a trip as well. Especially for something this trivial. Feel free to disagree... you have my permission.

No I agree, the suspension for the field trip was over the top...but like it or not this is the result of years of reactionary chuckleheads enacting Zero Tolerance policies all across this nation just so they could claim they were "tough of crime" and if we want to bring "common sense" back, then it's about time we get rid of stupid laws such as this one.

Zero Tolerance was initially pushed by Conservatives out to get them dirty hippies and their drugs out of our schools...now that the same ZERO TOLERANCE policy has started to round up some gun nuts they have problems with the policy.
You are right. And when that happened clear thinking liberals decried them. Guess the clear thinkers are ALL dead.

:rofl2:

Not sure which one is more dangerous, the pop-tart gun or the keychain gun. If I was a liberal pinhead I would be shitting in my pants if I saw either one in the hands of a child.

por0ja3ago1y19b.jpg

178594671.jpg

Remember the zero tolerance drug policies when kids were getting suspended for aspirin and Tylenol?

Here is the worlds smallest gun along side the regular size one.

The SwissMiniGun is similar to, although about 23 percent of the size of, the .357 Magnum Colt Python. Most of the dimensions scale properly with size:

Revolver ..................Colt Python ...............SwissMiniGun
Caliber .....................357 Magnum .............09 rimfire
Length .....................9.25 in (23.5 cm) .......2.16 in (5.5 cm)
Weight .....................2.65 lb (1.2 kg) ..........0.0044 lb (0.0198 kg)
Barrel .......................3 in (7.6 cm) ..............0.7 in (1.8 cm)
Cartridge length .......1.58 in (4.0 cm) .........0.36 in (0.91 cm)
Bullet weight ............130 gr (8.4 g) .............2 gr (0.13 g)
Muzzle velocity ........1400 fps (427 mps) ....400 fps (122 mps)
Energy .....................580 ft-lbs (785 J) ........0.72 ft-lbs (0.97 J)

What Moronia fails to include is that only 300 have been sold and they are over $6,000 each.

The length given must be in error; because the article said the toy was about the size of a quarter and I've never seen a quarter that measured 2.16 inches; but Desh said that guns the size of the toy can fire.

You are right. And when that happened clear thinking liberals decried them. Guess the clear thinkers are ALL dead.

Anyone who decried them at the time got shouted down as "soft on crime" and accused of "coddling the criminals". People are probably worried the same will happen if they speak out against this type of law now.

Then perhaps the outraged mother should take it up with her LOCAL SCHOOL BOARD instead of whining about her son getting in trouble for NOT FOLLOWING THE RULES.

It seems she did. Unlike you she seems able to do two things at once and work to obtain demonstrable support for her position among the public, including the public where she lives, before asking questions of elected school board public servants.

She also seems capable of understanding who the servants are, the school board is not her boss, she is theirs.

Back