6 great reasons to give up shrimp for good

Oh evil business, it needs to be stopped. Let the workers of the world unite and overthrow their capitalist masters!
Oh don't give me that nonsense. Name one corporation that has ever been sued that said "OK, my bad. We're guilty!"?

And don't enable Tom to hijack this thread!! And don't think for a second Tom wouldn't support burning Union Carbide to the ground (and Dow Chemical too). He's all about supporting British Petroleum...right or wrong.

Now back to eating tasty shrimp. :)

Fuck that. It's not my job or my governments job to be the worlds policeman. I'm not going to be guilted into giving up a culinary pleasure cause some poor schmucks country has a fucked up Government and is to dumb to not get shanghaied . Besides, 94% of the Shrimp sold In the US are farm raised.

Which was mentioned in the story. You should read the story at the link. Shrimp are carnivorous and the farms cause overfishing in order to feed them.

Now is it your responsibility? That would depend on what you believe.

Oh don't give me that nonsense. Name one corporation that has ever been sued that said "OK, my bad. We're guilty!"?

And don't enable Tom to hijack this thread!! And don't think for a second Tom wouldn't support burning Union Carbide to the ground (and Dow Chemical too). He's all about supporting British Petroleum...right or wrong.

Now back to eating tasty shrimp. :)

No I am not, I even said that BP were at fault or did you miss that bit? Oh and by the way it hasn't been called British Petroleum since they took over Conoco a decade ago.

Which was mentioned in the story. You should read the story at the link. Shrimp are carnivorous and the farms cause overfishing in order to feed them.

Hey...there are far greater sustainability problems with raising beef but I aint about to give up my surf and turf. Fuck that vegan shit. They should all be turned over to Watermark and Anthony Bourdain for proper treatment.

Shrimp farms in the Gulf of Thailand and the Andaman Sea cause massive pollution from the water released from the ponds. I will admit to being just a tad hypocritical on this matter.

http://shrimpsuck.blogspot.co.uk/

Oh Tom. It was the largest accidental release of oil in history. BP is fucking lucky they weren't completely wiped out.

Yet Transocean operated the rig, Halliburton did the faulty cement job and Cameron International supplied the faulty blowout preventer! It is also arguably not the largest oil spill as Ixtoc 1 was of the same magnitude and caused an oil slick the size of Hawaii! Of course the biggest was the Persian Gulf release of oil by Mr.Hussein but that wasn't accidental. I would also contend that Exxon Valdez was far worse because it happened in the icy waters of Alaska, rather than the warm waters of the Gulf.

Last edited:
According to the people I cook for, shrimp tastes even better when I wrap it in bacon. I miss bacon.

I like shrimp. I like it boiled, barbecued, broiled, baked, sautéed, ... I like shrimp creole, shrimp gumbo, pan fried shrimp, deep fried shrimp, stir-fried shrimp, ... I like pineapple shrimp, lemon shrimp, coconut shrimp, pepper shrimp. I also like shrimp soup, shrimp stew, shrimp salad, shrimp and potatoes...I even like shrimp burgers and shrimp sandwiches.

I like it from the Gulf, from Red Lobster, from Warehouse Willy's ...

Did I mention that I like shrimp?

I like shrimp. I like it boiled, barbecued, broiled, baked, sautéed, ... I like shrimp creole, shrimp gumbo, pan fried shrimp, deep fried shrimp, stir-fried shrimp, ... I like pineapple shrimp, lemon shrimp, coconut shrimp, pepper shrimp. I also like shrimp soup, shrimp stew, shrimp salad, shrimp and potatoes...I even like shrimp burgers and shrimp sandwiches.

I like it from the Gulf, from Red Lobster, from Warehouse Willy's ...

Did I mention that I like shrimp?
Yes Bubba.

Back