A church congregation cheered as Lauren Boebert said she prays for Joe Biden's demise

Didn't you get the memo??? Gender pronouns like her and him are now not PC!!!!

Who told you that? Or are you just throwing a hissy fit because you want to assign pronouns to people even when they want to be called something else? Also, I'm just making a wild guess here, but I'm sure you call gawd him. You probably even capitalize the H. So don't play childish games.

Its? His? Their? I don't care about the pronoun either.

Ya gotta wonder why these people are always so concerned about being "saved." Almost like they see their god as a monster ready to punish them...unless they are saved.

And then they have unending arguments over how one goes about getting "saved."

One of the requirements seems to be...that Jesus had to be tortured and killed. Apparently that is one of the requirements of their god...that its son be brutalized before anyone would be allowed to be saved. And then, apparently, they to have to supplicate in some way...either through "grace" moves; "faith" moves; or by "acts of charity" moves. (Jury is still out on that. The god did not make that clear. So that is what they argue about.)

And if these requirements are not met, the god they worship will damn them to eternal suffering.

THAT is truly a bad one. ETERNAL SUFFERING...ETERNAL TORTURE.

Imagine the kind of bullshit one has to go through to pretend to love a god that has that in mind.

Who told you that? Or are you just throwing a hissy fit because you want to assign pronouns to people even when they want to be called something else? Also, I'm just making a wild guess here, but I'm sure you call gawd him. You probably even capitalize the H. So don't play childish games.

You seem stuck in the past! Example people say born female but identify male or neutral are offended by the out dated pronoun "her"! It's a new world!

Ya gotta wonder why these people are always so concerned about being "saved." Almost like they see their god as a monster ready to punish them...unless they are saved.

And then they have unending arguments over how one goes about getting "saved."

One of the requirements seems to be...that Jesus had to be tortured and killed. Apparently that is one of the requirements of their god...that its son be brutalized before anyone would be allowed to be saved. And then, apparently, they to have to supplicate in some way...either through "grace" moves; "faith" moves; or by "acts of charity" moves. (Jury is still out on that. The god did not make that clear. So that is what they argue about.)

And if these requirements are not met, the god they worship will damn them to eternal suffering.

THAT is truly a bad one. ETERNAL SUFFERING...ETERNAL TORTURE.

Imagine the kind of bullshit one has to go through to pretend to love a god that has that in mind.

I don't necessarily believe in a gawd (I'm technically agnostic), but I am a spiritual person. If there is an influence that either created the universe or has control over it, then it surely does not condemn any living creatures to eternal suffering and torture. That kind of gawd would be a thorough psychopath. I also do not need a fear of eternal suffering and torture to act well and treat people well. I try to be guided by grace. Religious faith doesn't matter to me at all (except to the extent that it is actually an evil force on Earth). I dedicate a substantial amount of my time and my income to charitable and philanthropic causes. None of it because of hell. I simply had good parents who raised me the right way.

You seem stuck in the past! Example people say born female but identify male or neutral are offended by the out dated pronoun "her"! It's a new world!

Oh, you're an idiot. I didn't realize that until right now. He/Him/His and She/Her/Hers does not apply to everyone. But it seems that about 90% or more of people over the age of 50 are too dumb, too stubborn, and too old to adapt to evolving language. It's not a new problem.

I don't necessarily believe in a gawd (I'm technically agnostic), but I am a spiritual person. If there is an influence that either created the universe or has control over it, then it surely does not condemn any living creatures to eternal suffering and torture. That kind of gawd would be a thorough psychopath. I also do not need a fear of eternal suffering and torture to act well and treat people well. I try to be guided by grace. Religious faith doesn't matter to me at all (except to the extent that it is actually an evil force on Earth). I dedicate a substantial amount of my time and my income to charitable and philanthropic causes. None of it because of hell. I simply had good parents who raised me the right way.

My take on the question of gods is:

I do not know if any GOD (or gods) exist or not;
I see no reason to suspect that gods cannot exist…that the existence of a GOD or gods is impossible;
I see no reason to suspect that at least one GOD must exist...that the existence of at least one GOD is needed to explain existence;
I do not see enough unambiguous evidence upon which to base a meaningful guess in either direction on whether any gods exist or not...so I don't.

(When I use the word "GOD or gods" here, I mean "The entity (or entities) responsible for the creation of what we humans call 'the physical universe'...IF SUCH AN ENTITY OR ENTITIES ACTUALLY EXIST.)

The idea of a god who condemns any creature to eternal damnation/torture seems absurd to me. The only thing that seems even more absurd is the pretense some make about loving; adoring; and worshiping a god like that.

Oh, you're an idiot. I didn't realize that until right now. He/Him/His and She/Her/Hers does not apply to everyone. But it seems that about 90% or more of people over the age of 50 are too dumb, too stubborn, and too old to adapt to evolving language. It's not a new problem.

Study up on gender identification

My take on the question of gods is:

I do not know if any GOD (or gods) exist or not;
I see no reason to suspect that gods cannot exist…that the existence of a GOD or gods is impossible;
I see no reason to suspect that at least one GOD must exist...that the existence of at least one GOD is needed to explain existence;
I do not see enough unambiguous evidence upon which to base a meaningful guess in either direction on whether any gods exist or not...so I don't.

(When I use the word "GOD or gods" here, I mean "The entity (or entities) responsible for the creation of what we humans call 'the physical universe'...IF SUCH AN ENTITY OR ENTITIES ACTUALLY EXIST.)

The idea of a god who condemns any creature to eternal damnation/torture seems absurd to me. The only thing that seems even more absurd is the pretense some make about loving; adoring; and worshiping a god like that.

That's on you.

Back