A church congregation cheered as Lauren Boebert said she prays for Joe Biden's demise

It's more like we prefer to keep strong the separation between church and state, which is why -- so far -- we do not tax churches or the salaries of their ministers. If they want to get involved in politics, that's fine -- that's their First Amendment free speech right. That speech comes with consequences though. Time to render unto Caesar.

There are really no consequences today. The IRS doesn't go after churches for political speech or activities. Some organizations send them videos of such activities to get them to act so they can challenge the law in court, but they never do anything.

not accurate.....there are several types of law in Leviticus......he affirmed the Ten Commandments....however he did specifically change the laws regarding temple sacrifices..............

The Torah was given to the Jews

The ten guides point to the 613 commandments, 248 Positive Commandments (do's) and 365 Negative Commandments (do not's) It was given to the Jews, no one else

God never brought non Jews or their ancestors out of Egypt! Ex 20:2 "I am the LORD your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of slavery."

The Lord has not given non Jews the promised land of Canaan! Ex 20:12 "Honor your father and your mother, that your days may be prolonged in the land which the Lord your God gives you"

Since the Sabbath is a sign between God and fleshly Israel, there is nothing requiring non-Jews to keep it! (Ex. 31:13,17; Ezek. 20:12, 20)

If it was intended for all mankind, then why specifically say "strangers within your gates". Obviously the Gentiles (strangers) were never required at any point in earth history to keep the Sabbath

There are really no consequences today. The IRS doesn't go after churches for political speech or activities. Some organizations send them videos of such activities to get them to act so they can challenge the law in court, but they never do anything.

That needs to change. And to think that some RWers cry about how the libs have allegedly weaponized the IRS. :rolleyes:

The clergy DOES pay income taxes, and really, how much in property taxes do you think you could get from a small rural congregation anyway? All this would do is stir up a bunch of hate and discontent against a bunch of people and leftist politicians who think separation of church and state are the end all and be all of American politics.

You preach Politics from the church,you shouldn't get a tax exemption.

The Old Testament?

Are you thinking the Old Testament is spiritually legally binding...and is a superior moral take???

Are you fucking kidding me?

The teachings of the Old Testament WAS, back in its day, something considered necessary in order to protect the ancient Hebrews from the gods of their enemies.

IT WAS CONSIDERED NECESSARY...and I agree that a relatively unsophisticated, unknowledgeable, superstitious people (the ancient Hebrews) thought it to be just fine...and I can easily understand their feelings and fears.

All of this is what I said.

But if you think the teachings of Leviticus and Deuteronomy ARE, today, of superior morality...then you should be institutionalized.

It includes a necessary mythology (as with every primitive religion) which served its purpose.

I have no more problem with it...than I have with the myths and legends of Greece and Rome.

What are you getting at, AssHat?

Since May 1948 we have returned to old testament times

Oh? Please tell me what I misunderstand. Your broad stroked bullshit doesn't matter to any of us, but I would love for you to explain Christianity to me and why you're a good Christian.

"Only God is truly good" ,Christians aren't good,they are saved by Grace.

If it was intended for all mankind, then why specifically say "strangers within your gates". Obviously the Gentiles (strangers) were never required at any point in earth history to keep the Sabbath

you'll have to explain that to Moses.... he apparently misunderstood YHWH.....
Deut 4
5 See, I have taught you decrees and laws as the Lord my God commanded me, so that you may follow them in the land you are entering to take possession of it. 6 Observe them carefully, for this will show your wisdom and understanding to the nations, who will hear about all these decrees and say, “Surely this great nation is a wise and understanding people.” 7 What other nation is so great as to have their gods near them the way the Lord our God is near us whenever we pray to him? 8 And what other nation is so great as to have such righteous decrees and laws as this body of laws I am setting before you today?

"Only God is truly good" ,Christians aren't good,they are saved by Grace.

In my personal experience, most Christians are not saved by grace. They are petty, judgmental hypocrites who use their religion to demean other people and attempt to restrict their rights.

Back