A discussion on free trade

Asshat, you seem like a pretty good dude but you lost this debate about page 5 when you couldn't give any reason that would discount Comparitive Advantage.

Asshat, you seem like a pretty good dude but you lost this debate about page 5 when you couldn't give any reason that would discount Comparitive Advantage.

No. I gave it. Comparative advantage ignores other considerations, like employment for citizens, or human rights abuses, or concerns over national security.

No. I gave it. Comparative advantage ignores other considerations, like employment for citizens, or human rights abuses, or concerns over national security.

It clearly covers employment.

It has nothing to do with Human Rights or Security but Strig already covered those concerns very well.

It clearly covers employment.

It has nothing to do with Human Rights or Security but Strig already covered those concerns very well.

No. it does. We support and incentivize slavery when we buy slave goods. Barbarity and abuse is not a legitimate advantage, or "specialty", consequently we shouldn't condone it.

And to frame it militarily, it is not wise to give an enemy control over your supply lines.

Depends on your def of slave labor, if you are saying in the extreme and rare circumstance there were a country like North Korea that had concentration camps and used those goods I could understand your point. However that is the extreme. But I think your implying 'wages' and the truth is what we consider 'slave wages' here are better for them than the alternative that's why they are doing it. This is the common scenario that anti free traders yell.

As far as the military our government military stratagy is not a part of free market operations in the first place. Are you saying you want to ban private companies that provide military technology?

Depends on your def of slave labor, if you are saying in the extreme and rare circumstance there were a country like North Korea that had concentration camps and used those goods I could understand your point. However that is the extreme. But I think your implying 'wages' and the truth is what we consider 'slave wages' here are better for them than the alternative that's why they are doing it. This is the common scenario that anti free traders yell.

As far as the military our government military stratagy is not a part of free market operations in the first place. Are you saying you want to ban private companies that provide military technology?

They are doing it because the PRC government has modified conditions such that they must do it. There are no other options.

Our military strategy SHOULD be a part of our trade strategy.

Many governments have bad economic policys that make their people worse off, at least free trade policys will better their peoples current state. The idea that they have bad policys so we won't engage them in a good one that can help both sides doesn't seem like a good or humane idea.

I'm not into our government selling military secrets either, however I don't think it is a trade issue.

Many governments have bad economic policys that make their people worse off, at least free trade policys will better their peoples current state. The idea that they have bad policys so we won't engage them in a good one that can help both sides doesn't seem like a good or humane idea.

I'm not into our government selling military secrets either, however I don't think it is a trade issue.

It only betters their people if the elitofascists are committed to egalitarianism and the concept of equality. China is not committed to this concept. To you it seems natural that this is what everyone wants, that notion is a product of being brought up with these ideas in your culture.

It is a military issue in that cutting our supply lines can be used as a threat against us. IN fact, antiamerican globalists are already using the argument that our economy is too enmeshed in china's to take a hard line with them on anything.

Consider yourself rebutted.

Last edited:
Consider yourself rebutted.

lol..You're too funny

The old communist economic system would have them in forced labor, we both know that while they are still not democratic their economic system has freed greatly {thus their rapid improvement} and again the idea that giving them less choices in employment and lower wages while not letting Americans benifit either as a good policy doesn't seem to make sense.

The idea it's a bad thing we won't get into wars with our trade partners because both side have too much to lose economically, to me, seems like a good thing. Again I don't think the Government needs to sell it's secrets and weapons but I don't think it's a trade issue.

lol..You're too funny

The old communist economic system would have them in forced labor, we both know that while they are still not democratic their economic system has freed greatly {thus their rapid improvement} and again the idea that giving them less choices in employment and lower wages while not letting Americans benifit either as a good policy doesn't seem to make sense.

The idea it's a bad thing we won't get into wars with our trade partners because both side have too much to lose economically, to me, seems like a good thing. Again I don't think the Government needs to sell it's secrets and weapons but I don't think it's a trade issue.

There's not a lot of improvement. They're still arresting people for political reasons and putting them into labor camps.

Your "no wars" idea is actually "america defeated without a fight".
Anything that impacts our security and ability to take care of ourselves is a survival issue. The fact that your refuse to acknowledge the dynamic doesn't change the reality of the impact. Take your head out of the hole it's in.

AHZ - Chinas citizens are leaps and bounds ahead of where they were as far as standard of living. You have to know that.

We are just not going to agree on the second part.

AHZ - Chinas citizens are leaps and bounds ahead of where they were as far as standard of living. You have to know that.

We are just not going to agree on the second part.

As I said, an averaged standard of living does not reflect anything worthwhile as the uberrich fascist offset the slave laborer lifestyle.

As for the second part, it's not a matter of whether or not you agree, but the reality is that trade effects security despite your unwillingness to recognize reality.

nAHZi, you're a retard. You have not demonstrated anything on this thread other than your delusional nature.

And we have given your notions a try. Smoot Hawley and the unemployment it caused was a key factor in the great depression.

nAHZi, you're a retard. You have not demonstrated anything on this thread other than your delusional nature.
Wrong again, nutsack. I have demonstrated from many angles why globalization is a bad idea for americans.
And again, Im not against trade, Im against trade deals not in our best interest.
And we have given your notions a try. Smoot Hawley and the unemployment it caused was a key factor in the great depression.

My notions were working fine, it's just that internationalist fascists felt they could do better for themselves by convincing assholes of all nations to sell out everyone else.

Back